Game Day Brions vs Burners

Apr 29, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
First, thank you OP for the best thread title in ages. Loved it.

Second, it feels very St. Kilda to play crap in earlier the season so that chances of finals are almost gone and then play well when it's probably too late to make the finals. My house has a saying, for many disappointing things in life: "They St Kilda'd it." Yep, bout sums it up. FML.

frggr

Fan Favourite (they/them)
May 16, 2012
Poland
AFL Club
Geelong
First, thank you OP for the best thread title in ages. Loved it.

Second, it feels very St. Kilda to play crap in earlier the season so that chances of finals are almost gone and then play well when it's probably too late to make the finals. My house has a saying, for many disappointing things in life: "They St Kilda'd it." Yep, bout sums it up. FML.

Well, if I'd waited for a St Kilda fan to make the Fred, we probably still wouldn't have one :(

Yeah, thanks. I wasn't up to it, physically, tonight. Had to lay down. Not been well. But I appreciated reading it as I tried to catch up.
Hopefully that win helps you on your recovery.

Apr 29, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Hopefully that win helps you on your recovery.

Be nice if it could, but... nah, alas. I had a stroke on 6 December 2019 and I've been a bit of a mess ever since. So many problems. Often I can't speak properly, and it takes a heap of goes to get something right when I type. It was much worse at first, I couldn't type or speak sensibly at all. But, this seems to be what it's like now... I can't make it through a day without getting absolutely exhausted. I have to lay down maybe twice a day. So much of my body (and my brain a little) has gone. I want to get back to work (even was asking a carer if they thought it was possible yesterday)... things aren't looking good. But I go to speech therapy, physio, counselling, and have had an Occupational Therapist get things like a chair that I can sit in, in the shower, and things like that which help. Falling a lot. Like, five times a day. My balance has gone.

So, yeah... it gives you a sense of perspective. Footy's good for a distraction, and when life is going well, footy feels like the most important thing in the world, but then sometimes... it just isn't.

Sorry everyone that I'm venting. I needed to get this out. Had a visitor yesterday - the first time anyone has come to see me since November. So, I don't have many people to voice my issues to - and anonymously on the internet is as good a place as any.

Be nice if it could, but... nah, alas. I had a stroke on 6 December 2019 and I've been a bit of a mess ever since. So many problems. Often I can't speak properly, and it takes a heap of goes to get something right when I type. It was much worse at first, I couldn't type or speak sensibly at all. But, this seems to be what it's like now... I can't make it through a day without getting absolutely exhausted. I have to lay down maybe twice a day. So much of my body (and my brain a little) has gone. I want to get back to work (even was asking a carer if they thought it was possible yesterday)... things aren't looking good. But I go to speech therapy, physio, counselling, and have had an Occupational Therapist get things like a chair that I can sit in, in the shower, and things like that which help. Falling a lot. Like, five times a day. My balance has gone.

So, yeah... it gives you a sense of perspective. Footy's good for a distraction, and when life is going well, footy feels like the most important thing in the world, but then sometimes... it just isn't.

Sorry everyone that I'm venting. I needed to get this out. Had a visitor yesterday - the first time anyone has come to see me since November. So, I don't have many people to voice my issues to - and anonymously on the internet is as good a place as any.
I didn't realise how bad it had gotten for you.
I've deleted my Facebook account for my mental health.
Hit me up on Messenger or PM me.
Got a lot of things to balance ATM and haven't got a lot of free time, which is why I'm posting less here.
You're one of the nicest blokes I've spoken to on here.

Last edited:
Back