Review Round 17 vs Greater Western Sydney @ Mars Stadium (11.07.2021 @ 12:40pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

Attrition.As an old full back I can tell you how hard it is to hold on when the ball is just coming in relentlessly!
Not when you’re setting an extra behind the ball in Davis. You can just pick them off.
They only kicked it once on the lead that king dropped.
You can’t play high level football like that.

Fantastic stuff Touk Miller is an absolute star.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Woohoo

As Touk said
To get 8 points from that Melbourne trip is unbeleivable

Best case outcome
Get away with a win today despite making some critical mistakes.
Lots to learn from that game.

we probably got the rub of the green for the day, I'd say.
Only one I could see being questionable was the Swallow push in the back

But the footage shows two hands extended into his back, Letter of the law says its there.

Credit where credit is due, I'd be hopping mad too.

Umpired by Eleni Glouftis and Matthew Nicholls
Officially the worst 2 umpires in the league
No argument there
You wonder if Michael Jennings takes a valium and holds his head in his hands when he does their Monday reviews
"So Eleni-that throwing the ball against Ben King.Let's talk about it"

Agree that the umpiring was terrible both ways, definitely. But we got away with a few calls throughout the day that would normally be called IMO. But hey, that's footy. Sometimes they go for you sometimes they don't.

Giants had 5 more scoring shots. Their inability to kick straight is the reason they lost - not the umpiring.

Agree that the umpiring was terrible both ways, definitely. But we got away with a few calls throughout the day that would normally be called IMO. But hey, that's footy. Sometimes they go for you sometimes they don't.

Giants had 5 more scoring shots. Their inability to kick straight is the reason they lost - not the umpiring.
We found a way and over the journey , most of the time, we haven't

We have had zero good luck for a decade even today the bad luck monster tried to get us but the boys stood tall. Very impressed. Something has sunk in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back