List Mgmt. Club greats - time to say goodbye

Remove this Banner Ad

Well said.
I think all our legends have earnt the right for another season if they feel up to it.
People have to remember the boys have been up since 2013 except for one year
It does takes its toll
Get in early for surgery etc refresh and see what happens next year refreshed.

Farewell tours are never as glamorous as they appear. Why on earth would Jack & Trent want another year being sent around the country playing to sometime empty stadiums, playing at about 20% of their former talents

Farewell tours are never as glamorous as they appear. Why on earth would Jack & Trent want another year being sent around the country playing to sometime empty stadiums, playing at about 20% of their former talents
Been a very long campaign.
Not sure what empty stadiums have to do with it

Houli will most likely retire on his own accord and fingers crossed he gets the send off he deserves.

Cotch is definitely struggling and perhaps it might be mutually beneficial if he hangs them up.
The problem is though our ‘inside’ midfielder depth is almost non existent and at best we struggle to even get half a season out of our best ones ie. Prestia.
That’s just the reality and hopefully it’s something we target at trade week with a ready made inside mid.
The next crop are still not up to Cotch’s output which is probably why it would be interesting to be a fly on the wall in our club atm.

Jack. No way should he finish up this season. He’s got another year in him and there’s no certainty we can keep Lynch on the park on 22.
People quickly forget how valuable KPF’s are. He’s clearly shown enough to play another season.

Talk of Grimes retiring is absolutely laughable, the bloke was our best today by a mile.
Why would we need to retire all these players when some of them have plenty of quality football left in the tank and the next crop arn’t up to it yet.

We were the oldest premiership team in history last year. We’ve come off the shortest preseason ever. The quarters have been lengthened and interchanges have been reduced. We’ve had the rules changed to prevent our biggest strength. And we’ve been cruelled by injury. 9 premiership players out injured today and we’ve been 4-6 short each week all year.

I think our era may be over but the club deserve one last crack at it. I think the time might be right for Cotchin and Houli to retire, but if they feel they can have one more crack then let them play on.

Give them an extended break because we probably won’t feature in September, and hope for a refreshed team next year. Even if we don’t go near a flag, we’re good enough to make the 8. I’d hate for us to collapse the way Brisbane did after 04.

1st - Houli is unfortunately done. Let's see him out in a dignified way. He will be first to put his hand up and accept this.

2nd - Cotchin has concerned me for a while. Has started up outside ventures, looks completely disengaged with the club and the competition in general. He was very driven and I suppose the reality is - he has exceeded his expectations on what he set out to achieve in his career. He will retire end of this year. You can see it.

We dont need to be feral bogans and call for his head, he is our ONLY triple premiership captain. He will make the call himself and you can see it a mile away.

3rd - Riewoldt, do not TOUCH Riewoldt. He stays. We need leadership, if we drop all our leaders, we will be in complete no man's land for 10 years. CCJ isn't ready for sh*t and neither is Chol, Garthwaite. I want Jack to play one last season and transition to an assistant coach with the club for 2023. He is brilliant and we literally have no coaches. Next year, he should basically be an onfield coach. Hodge at Brisbane, Lewis at Melbourne and Riewoldt for us.

Anyway, cut the sh*t guys and stop being dickheads. These three are absolute legends and I know it's the internet, but we need to give them our respect and treat them with class on the way out.
Entertain me for a second though, even if all 3 retired we'd still have Lynch who has previously captained an AFL club, Grimes, Vlastuin, Prestia, Lambert, Edwards, Astbury, Nankervis, Martin as senior heads and other good mid aged leaders with some experience like Broad, Graham, and some younger guys like Baker too.

I dont think we're completely devoid of leadership even if those 3 were to go.

Tigers,

I'm all for list management and turn over - but ... I think we need to be mindful of a few fundamentals ...

- We need to find a replacement for them .... there always will be ... but do they fill the vacuum etc
- If they don't retire and go somewhere else ... there is always a chance they find form etc
- Its also the value they have off the field ... I'm a strong believer in what happens off the field has a huge impact on the field ...

Agree - Houli will likely retire, Cotch - should consider it, Jack - probably on his mind now the 700 is up ... its unlikely he'll add much more to his CV.

never good to force multiple legends out at once, i hope we dont do that, we should only be doing that if players below them are showing enough to take their spot consistently, atm thats a big no.

only one or two retirements for me at most this season, houli and only if its not forced, dont want to * up our culture, i like idea of riewoldt being that onfield coach like mummy and hodge have been, we need that desperately, cotch in the mids and jack in the fwd to coach one more season and play 60% of the games or something

never good to force multiple legends out at once, i hope we dont do that, we should only be doing that if players below them are showing enough to take their spot consistently, atm thats a big no.

only one or two retirements for me at most this season, houli and only if its not forced, dont want to fu** up our culture, i like idea of riewoldt being that onfield coach like mummy and hodge have been, we need that desperately, cotch in the mids and jack in the fwd to coach one more season and play 60% of the games or something
JR if he goes on again, move him to the wing ala Richo

Can we just let our champs who have bled for our club choose their own exits? They've earned it, plain and simple. We're coming off a pre season that started 2 months late compared to the other teams last year who put the cue in the rack well before finals started.

I think Cotch and Jack deserve one more year and theres no way that dimma will throw them out like clarko did.

Also regarding Jack, it's hard to kick goals when the ball is coming in high and dirty. He gets raped every second contest and never gets a free his way. It's bullshit

1st - Houli is unfortunately done. Let's see him out in a dignified way. He will be first to put his hand up and accept this.

2nd - Cotchin has concerned me for a while. Has started up outside ventures, looks completely disengaged with the club and the competition in general. He was very driven and I suppose the reality is - he has exceeded his expectations on what he set out to achieve in his career. He will retire end of this year. You can see it.

We dont need to be feral bogans and call for his head, he is our ONLY triple premiership captain. He will make the call himself and you can see it a mile away.

3rd - Riewoldt, do not TOUCH Riewoldt. He stays. We need leadership, if we drop all our leaders, we will be in complete no man's land for 10 years. CCJ isn't ready for sh*t and neither is Chol, Garthwaite. I want Jack to play one last season and transition to an assistant coach with the club for 2023. He is brilliant and we literally have no coaches. Next year, he should basically be an onfield coach. Hodge at Brisbane, Lewis at Melbourne and Riewoldt for us.

Anyway, cut the sh*t guys and stop being dickheads. These three are absolute legends and I know it's the internet, but we need to give them our respect and treat them with class on the way out.
Yeah, I can't believe people have been like they are unreal! I for one will go and open the door for them the others are disrespectful:( From what I heard from my trusted source is both Houli and coach will call it quits anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let them choose. They’ve always put the club first and it’s quite embarrassing reading some posts here saying the opposite. Who knows, they may retire, but I’d be shocked and disgraced if the club kicked them out. They are Tiger legends. The fact some are turning on them already, sums up how feral some of you are.

Let them choose. They’ve always put the club first and it’s quite embarrassing reading some posts here saying the opposite. Who knows, they may retire, but I’d be shocked and disgraced if the club kicked them out. They are Tiger legends. The fact some are turning on them already, sums up how feral some of you are.

I think it's probably about time the three named in the OP have a serious think about it, but I agree that the club shouldn't be pushing them out the door. Hard conversations need to be had, but it should be their call.

I think it's probably about time the three named in the OP have a serious think about it, but I agree that the club shouldn't be pushing them out the door. Hard conversations need to be had, but it should be their call.

You know we’ll be even worse without them.

Yeah, I can't believe people have been like they are unreal! I for one will go and open the door for them the others are disrespectful:( From what I heard from my trusted source is both Houli and coach will call it quits anyway.

is that a spelling mistake and meant to be Cotch.

I wonder if Dimma has been sounded out by Collingwood or Carlton, Might be tempting for him given that they will rise more quickly than us.

Less pressure though at Richmond where his record will give him 3 s**t years without any pressure on his job,

Houli will most likely retire on his own accord and fingers crossed he gets the send off he deserves.

Cotch is definitely struggling and perhaps it might be mutually beneficial if he hangs them up.
The problem is though our ‘inside’ midfielder depth is almost non existent and at best we struggle to even get half a season out of our best ones ie. Prestia.
That’s just the reality and hopefully it’s something we target at trade week with a ready made inside mid.
The next crop are still not up to Cotch’s output which is probably why it would be interesting to be a fly on the wall in our club atm.

Jack. No way should he finish up this season. He’s got another year in him and there’s no certainty we can keep Lynch on the park on 22.
People quickly forget how valuable KPF’s are. He’s clearly shown enough to play another season.

Talk of Grimes retiring is absolutely laughable, the bloke was our best today by a mile.
Why would we need to retire all these players when some of them have plenty of quality football left in the tank and the next crop arn’t up to it yet.

great post. I also largely disagree with the posters having a dig at Riewoldt. I think he’s been pretty good this year, considering how bad our offensive ball moment has been. He’s the one of the older crew I’m currently worried about the least. Cotchin is clearly the most pressing issue. He’s a shadow.

Houli to retire. Cotchin possibly, although has a year to run on his contract.

If he plays on, he should hand over the captaincy. I think part of our issue currently is our captain is terribly out of form, having zero impact on field, and doesn't seem to be inspiring the team.

We need a real rejuvenation of the list, starting with a fresh leader.

Jack I'm not too concerned about one more year. At worst makes a good foil for Lynch. Plus there's no one else on the list who'd be any better.

Sent from my CPH1951 using Tapatalk

is that a spelling mistake and meant to be Cotch.

I wonder if Dimma has been sounded out by Collingwood or Carlton, Might be tempting for him given that they will rise more quickly than us.

Less pressure though at Richmond where his record will give him 3 sh*t years without any pressure on his job,
Lol Cotch, sorry but I would love for the other to happen. Been a long day 2 Collingwood loses in one day take it out of you:(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back