MMA-UFC UFC 264

Who wins the trilogy

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
campaigners full of sh*t, his myth and bullshit has been called out now

He bags boxers because they only have one fighting art. Yet bags his opponents for using more than one method of fight v him

He did well in sucking his opponents ego into playing into his terms early on. That myth got smashed v Diaz in fight one. Then Khabib really messed with and now Poirier just confirmed it all

McNuggets is a very good fighter but his hype was way over his skill level. Great fighter at featherweight who f’ed with his opponents heads. Would never have been a lightweight champ except he jumped in when the division was its weakest (Alvarez).

Right time right place and the charisma of the man could never be matched.

He has lost the plot now had no issue with what Pourier had to say seems like a decent bloke.

McGregor will go do some boxing probably fight an ex champ who is washed up beat him and try get a massive money fight after that.

He isn't beating the top 5 in this division.

I always felt his answer to the question of will you keep fighting if you lose and to say, they will never get rid of me, I'll fight until I'm dead was an answer of a man who had doubt in his ability.

Right time right place and the charisma of the man could never be matched.

He has lost the plot now had no issue with what Pourier had to say seems like a decent bloke.

McGregor will go do some boxing probably fight an ex champ who is washed up beat him and try get a massive money fight after that.

He isn't beating the top 5 in this division.

I always felt his answer to the question of will you keep fighting if you lose and to say, they will never get rid of me, I'll fight until I'm dead was an answer of a man who had doubt in his ability.
Yep love or hate him, he transcended the sport because he was the right fighter and personality at the right time

But his time has quickly come to an end and it seems that despite his accumulated wealth he is struggling to come to terms with the fact he isn't the once in a life time fighter he thinks he is rather he is/was a once in a generation fighting personality/celebrity

Apr 21, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Agreed, me neither
But there's always something that everyone triggers on.
What a strange way for it to all go down in the end

If and when he comes back and gets a decent win and Dustin's the champ and then tapper gets a shot...ol fat guts Dana would be rubbing his hands together, it would be a marketers dream.

But that's a decent injury can't see him getting back to his tapping best

He got a couple of dangerous shots in granted but Justin mauled Conor .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Walks out to spice girls, sleeps a bloke then hits 5 shoeys on the way out. What a king
Yep, you are doing well if you're half cut before you even leave the octagon.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Yep love or hate him, he transcended the sport because he was the right fighter and personality at the right time

But his time has quickly come to an end and it seems that despite his accumulated wealth he is struggling to come to terms with the fact he isn't the once in a life time fighter he thinks he is rather he is/was a once in a generation fighting personality/celebrity

It's a little ****ed to say anyone who wins a title is overrated but his reign was overrated. Never defended and jumped and won against probably the weakest 155 champ of the era. Didn't defend that either.
Against the quality of that division he lost.

He made a career out of ruining people's heads before the fight and making them run at him in anger without a gameplan. As soon as Diaz showed that if you don't give a * about his talk and you fight him like a mixed martial artist he has nothing.
Poirier is better than him, I think Conor came back knowing that Khabib was gone but he's never gonna be champ again now.

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy
I liked the fact that Dana White got sked about a stadium fight between Poirier and Oliviera and he said the only place he likes stadium fight is when its in Australia because thats what Australia does

Melbourne #sportscapitaloftheworld confirmed mother f***ers
He is right though in sense a small indoor venue is more intimate and probably the optimal experience for this sport.
I went to fight at Docklands and if you a long way away, you end up looking mainly at the big screen anyway so you still there but as far as experience go the walking to cage by competitors you get a good experience of but the actual watching of fight is less than it would be at small venue where everybody up closer.
A small venue where you up closer and gradient of seating makes you feel closer to stage is certainly the ideal venue.
But most of our bigger sporting events are for football, cricket and horse racing so we more used to bigger outdoor type venues except when it came to music concerts where in the pub is better.
I not been to UFC at Rod Laver Arena and do not remember how close you would feel as only been to concerts there, but I Imagine it would be better for UFC, even though smaller crowd size can fit in.

Stottzy

Club Legend
Aug 5, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
He is right though in sense a small indoor venue is more intimate and probably the optimal experience for this sport.
I went to fight at Docklands and if you a long way away, you end up looking mainly at the big screen anyway so you still there but as far as experience go the walking to cage by competitors you get a good experience of but the actual watching of fight is less than it would be at small venue where everybody up closer.
A small venue where you up closer and gradient of seating makes you feel closer to stage is certainly the ideal venue.
But most of our bigger sporting events are for football, cricket and horse racing so we more used to bigger outdoor type venues except when it came to music concerts where in the pub is better.
I not been to UFC at Rod Laver Arena and do not remember how close you would feel as only been to concerts there, but I Imagine it would be better for UFC, even though smaller crowd size can fit in.

I think we have enough small 10-15 boutique stadiums, but Aussie sport/events have this obsession with just getting the biggest crowds they can. Unfortunately the downside of having big events at smaller venues is ticket prices becoming ridiculous due to demand and availability. Rod Laver would be a great venue for it though.

Last edited:

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
I think we have enough small 10-15 boutique stadiums, but Aussie sport/events have this obsession with just getting the biggest crowds they can. Unfortunately the downside of having big events a smaller venues is ticket prices becoming ridiculous due to demand and availability. Rod Laver would be a great venue for it though.
Rod Laver is great for UFC, not a bad seat/view in there

Haven't been to a Marvel one, not interested in watching flees in a matchbox. I've heard the atmosphere is great but just doesn't interest me personally

193 at Etihad was fantastic, but I feel that's because I paid good money for floor seats. Doubt I get anywhere as near as much enjoyment from a seat in the nosebleeds. Rod Laver is the best spot for fights imo.

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy
Rod Laver is great for UFC, not a bad seat/view in there

Haven't been to a Marvel one, not interested in watching flees in a matchbox. I've heard the atmosphere is great but just doesn't interest me personally
Yeah, atmosphere when I went was very OK, but in terms of watching in person for actual fight, think the extra 20 or 25, thousand you get into venue for ticket sales is a fair question to ask as a business overall. Dana for all his critics as a sports businessman seems very in touch with what is good for it and what not ideal, long term for business.

Moutinho the green hair lad just kept moving forward into a beat down and a fight of the night. Tough as though.

He earnt every single dollar if he got the bonus. Would probably work out to about 1$ per significant strike absorbed.

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
I’ve been to both. IMO they f**cked the pricing at marvel.

Third level should be like 20-50 bucks max, then you’d get people just going for the noise and atmosphere. Ring side should be proper pricey, like boxing prices.

Marvel atmosphere was good, we were in a box and I watched the fights on the screen. Couldn’t hear the pop of the punches and kicks at all. Laver is amazing and way better but atmosphere isn’t as good (how can it compare to 30-50k).

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Didn't necessarily check this one effectively either. Doesn't mean it didn't leave Connor's ankle ready to fall apart.
Foot gets off the ground, doesn’t really matter if it’s pretty when it’s effective.

Given Kavanagh has now come out trying to say Conor hurt his ankle during the camp and it’s not like this is the only one Dustin checked (he absolutely took a couple with no check at all) it’s pretty amusing.

Conor’s also reaching for that one, range is wrong to be throwing with that kinda heat, I’d say he’s lucky he didn’t break his foot tbh.

Apr 21, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Just saw Conor on fox sports (IG vid i think but i dont use that childish rubbish ) saying "poirer did nothing and its an illegitimate win". JFC, it was a 10-8 round prior to the accident. How pathetic is this campaigner

Post fight trauma maybe.
Hope he apologises to be honest. Bad loser.

Back