Votes: 16 11.9%
  • 50: Marlion Pickett

Votes: 22 16.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toast - 3 quarters of Tigery football
Roast - maybe a worse quarter than any of the Saints game, lol, but still better than the ranting in here. When do we sack the reigning triple premiershipship coach? Right after we sack the reigning triple premiership captain! Lol

Plenty of positives, IMO. That young and small backline held tough. Maybe Grimes's best game of the year? I can see what their trying to do with D Rioli on HBF. Flashes from Dow and RCD. Baker and Bolton both move up the B&F leaderboard. Lynch kicked a few again. We didn't try to play Astbury in the ruck.

Changes... Well, for a few weeks I've been wanting to see the changes kept to a minimum. Just let them get some rhythm together. No unforced changes. If Chol misses with the ankle, Ryan gets another opportunity.

FACT: take 10 or 11 regular seniors/starters/guns out of any top side in the competition and you will have a severely diminished performance. It doesn't make you gutless.

FACT: replace those players with kids with underdeveloped frames and tanks and you will have a severely diminished performance, particularly late in games. It doesn't make you lazy.

FACT: play finals every years since 2013 (except 2016) including going deep in finals four years in a row and now having a core group of players either over 30 or in their late 20s will eventually lead to a diminished performance. It doesn't make you spineless.

FACT: A severe combination of injuries to key personnel, rule changes designed to structurally change the game (and consequently our game plan) and a regular reaming by the umpires, due either to our ill discipline, unconcious bias or a combination of both and you will certainly suffer a diminished performance. It doesn't make you useless.

FACT: It's extremely rare, with a salary cap and a draft that a single club can stay up forever and eventually the weight of numbers re access to top draft picks will have a diminished effect on performance. It doesn't mean you are weak or aren't trying.

FACT: Being unable to recognise these FACTS and just venting like a spoilt tantrum child throwing the toys out of the cot and calling legends of the club spineless, useless, hopeless, gutless, lazy, worthless and some other of the disgusting and cowardly sh*t I've read in this autopsy this morning, reflects more poorly on you than it does on players who have given their all to the club and it's "supporters" over the last several years.

It diminishes YOUR gutless and hopeless performance, not theirs and some of you ought to be embarrassed.

Some of you actively calling for us to tank should be ashamed.

Calling for the coach to be sacked (and replaced by that coward punching little dwarf from Hawthorn yuk), for our three time premiership captain to be delisted, our champion full forward to be retired and saying that premiership heroes aren't trying, makes you disrespectful and pathetic.

You wouldn't have the balls to say it to their face so how about shutting your hole and looking for positives (which thankfully many thoughtful regular posters who aren't panicking like sooky little babies are doing).

Page after page of sooking and whinging and just plain ignorance (Miller didn't get selected because he's ******* INJURED morons) just fuels the oppo rejoicing in us melting down. After the amazing run we have had we should still be happy as pigs in sh*t !

Given a full pre season, the best draft hand in a generation and injuries rested and recovered, look out for 2022.

Rather than wetting your pants, try holding your water like an adult.

Great post!

Take a pill and chill, resorting to infantile remarks only reduces the credibility of your opinion. Try to step back from your immediate visual field and look at the broader picture - it's kinda like the opposite of 'lowering your eyes'. The CLUB is priority # 1. As a long-term member, I would like to see us refresh/rebuild based on what has transpired this year (both on and off the field). Hopefully we can do so in record time or least before the Hawks do.
Direct post from you: "No g and d, rolled over like cheese eating surrender monkeys. An embarrassing loss for the y and b, no matter where we sit on the continuum or what excuse you roll out. Too many soft losses point to a cultural issue imo"

Like I said, embarrassing.

I agree they won't. But on yesterday's performance he is either playing injured, or he's not mentally switched on at the moment. Maybe both.

He is cooked and we want to try him elsewhere on the ground but we can't due to injuries. Dimma said this in the presser.

Direct post from you: "No g and d, rolled over like cheese eating surrender monkeys. An embarrassing loss for the y and b, no matter where we sit on the continuum or what excuse you roll out. Too many soft losses point to a cultural issue imo"

Like I said, embarrassing.

Yes, it was an insipid effort. We rolled over, gave up, threw in the towel - end of. This was not isolated case and it was embarrassing for the club. Just look at the Collingwood players' reactions post-game - they could not believe they had won, they were laughing in disbelief.

FWIW, play the ball, not the man - this place has the feel of an echo chamber populated by kids with an average age of 16 years. Shame, because there are some decent and informed posters out there.

I agree they won't. But on yesterday's performance he is either playing injured, or he's not mentally switched on at the moment. Maybe both.
Dimmer implied in the presser he's playing sore/injured. Gutsy effort just to be out there. It's what you'd expect from a triple premiership skipper who doesn't duck his head looking for frees.

No idea why would play Caddy
We know what he’s like believe his papers are stamped
Be better of playing a kid
It is Jack's 300th next week, so Caddy aint taking his place, though I believe he is a good option as the second marking forward next to Lynch over the next three years as he was in 2018 with about 50 goals

I'm a Chol fan, I think he has massive potential....but he must be put on notice for his defensive efforts. His limp wristed fly swat spoil attempts must be stamped out immediately.
I was genuinely concerned at what Grundy was going to do to him, but he more than held his own.

It's been the fundamental basic skill errors all year that's worried and frustrated me the most , missing targets by hand & foot alongside broken tackles has been the Tigers brand in 2021, Dimma talks every week about the things we CAN control, well maybe successfully delivering a mark, kick and handball to a teammate or completing a non headhigh or broken tackle would awesome start, but its only R18, I'm sure the coaching department are on to it.
On a positive note I thought our undermanned Backline held up under overmounting pressure , Astbury, Grimes, Mansell and Stack were all really good.

FFS lol you want to drop Jack for Caddy when he's due to play his 300th game this week. Seriously some of the posts in this autopsy thread are not just ignorant, they're laughable.

Calling club legends weak, gutless etc.

Wow just wow.

Perhaps we should have played Miller this week (even though he's injured) lol
Settle down champ, we don't pick the team on Bigfooty, just saying that Caddy would work better with Lynch based on his 2018 year playing the second marking forward. Jack needs to get out of Lynch's way a lot more

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the one change I'd definitely make this week is to find a spot for Will Martyn (probably at the expense of Dow). If CJ is ready to return I'd bring him in to replace Naish, and Pickett can go back to full time wing without the need to ruck.

Mansell and Stack need to play every game from now on. Rioli probably did enough for another game given there's not really anyone to replace him with and he did do a couple of nice things.

I'd be tempted to debut one of Rioli or Cumberland, but they probably need to back up this week's game again after the VFL bye to come into the conversation. Rioli especially I think is the type of player who would thrive on the faster pace and tighter confines of senior football vs VFL.

I was genuinely concerned at what Grundy was going to do to him, but he more than held his own.
did you see the time he wasn’t within a hundred metres of grundy and they got a goal out of it absolute embarrassing and he couldn’t even lay a body on him at any time he is the softest player by far in the AFL

Yeah he is clearly growing. Anyone that says he isn't is blind. However, besides tap work, a ruckmans greatest asset is his ability to go back, fill the hole and defend. Chol is clearly lacking here and it is a concern.

Dimma’s press conference was seriously great to watch, he and the team have a very realistic idea of where they are at.

It’s all about the journey. Yes, our season is “over” in that we won’t reach the heights of the past 4 years and probably won’t make finals. But, embrace every moment tiger fans. This is a new challenge to embark on.

I actually don’t want us to make finals at all, just give our guys a longer break, they need it, let them exhale and recharge for next season.

I’m really looking forward to 2022 and unearthing some more talent in the next few years. We’ve done it before and we’ll do it again.

RCD is going well but he is always cooked by the last quarter.
Castagna deserves to be dropped asap.
RCD still a pre season away from 4qtr efforts

But that first qtr definitely gives me hope for what he could be for us in the future
He’s a very good kick for an inside mid

RCD still a pre season away from 4qtr efforts

But that first qtr definitely gives me hope for what he could be for us in the future
He’s a very good kick for an inside mid
Yep. Shows a bit for mine. Great size, good zip from congestion, very good kick (including kicking for goal), and looks confident to take the game on with ball in hand. In time, with a building fitness base, I think he can be a really good player.

Sent from my CPH1951 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back