Review Round 17 vs Greater Western Sydney @ Mars Stadium (11.07.2021 @ 12:40pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

Controversial free kick to David Swallow?
You mean to say a 2 handed push in the back that put him off his kick in the goalsquare is now controversial?
2021 just gets weirder by the day

Scares me how much better Collins makes us.
He is so loud at ground level, tells Luko and Ballard where to go. They will eventually know just what to do but remember both of them aren't natural defenders. Most of backline isn't bar Collins. Bowes, Ballard, Powell where midfielders as juniors, Luko and Lemmens where forwards. All young, all learning

Just watched it now as though live
Pretty gobsmacked
Scotch poured
The Lady Ump and Mr Baldy were well and truly helping out GWS but the other guy who looks like the love child of the singer from BROS gave us a fair crack.
GWS are such a tough team we never beat them. Horrible conditions against tough men who in many ways did dominate us but we somehow friggin won a close game.

Sorry about Greenwood and it will hurt us next year.

So FFS Dew swallow your pride and your prejudice and give Brodie a proper go for the rest of the year.

Well done to the lads and ladies who endured those conditions, you are real supporters.

The onus is now on “The Sun Whisperers” to get loud and get some humans this week against Footscray or the proverbial broom should be put through them.

Back to my Scotch

well bloody done!!!!!

Sun whisperers? :D

Is it concerning how much we rely on Collins and Miller? Or are we just at a stage where we need them to let the younger guys grow under them? I feel like we're sliding back into reliance on GAJ territories. Need to avoid that at all costs.
Most Clubs rely on one elite midfielder(despite the fact that supporters always want to upgrade the others)
The dynasties are built on those rare times when you get 2 or 3 in the same team at the same time
eg Black Voss and Akermanis Hodge and Mitchell and then you get some solid B's who play A in the right circumstances (Brisbane currently with Neale +/- McLuggage -and some other guys playing up like Lyons)
Currently we have Touk in AA form and Swallow having a resurgence as a very very solid B encroaching on A and guys like Rowell and Anderson and Flanders Sharp Rankine looking to take the next step
Lukosius Ballard Powell are still very young
The reason they are developing is because at last they have some leaders in Collins Witts Miller Swallow Ellis Harbrow they can aspire to and who can mentor them
We've actually never had that before.Exciting times

Last edited:
What a miraculous SUNsational win!! Our very first win in club history by 1 point and the first time we have beaten the Giants since 2014 - it's been a long time between drinks.

What an all round, hard at it performance by our lads, they really dug deep and fought with a NEVER SAY DIE attitude! What impressed me most was our hunger to not give in and FIGHT for the win, even when it looked unlikely we persevered and continue to pressure the Giants.

This was a club defining win. In years gone past we barely ever win the close ones and if I'm being honest with 4 minutes to go being 11 points down and having no one forward of the ball every time we bombed the ball forward I was pessimistic but we kept at it and produced one of the greatest wins in our clubs history given the conditions.

Ballard continued his incredible form, whenever the ball was pumped forward into the Giants 50 Ballard just seemed to be there to take the intercept mark. He took 9 intercept marks for the day an unreal effort!

Touk was unbelievable again and led the way for the team with 35 touches, 11 clearances, 14 tackles and 2 goals. It's a shame he was suspended earlier in the season because he'll be right up there in contention for the Brownlow.

Burgess had a blinder against mummy. 17 touches, 38 hitouts, 7 clearances, 4 tackles and 1 goal!

Brando had 41 touches of which 17 were contested possessions and had one of his best games as a SUN so far.

Sexton's work rate was incredible, he did not stop sprinting to the contest all day.

Lastly a shoutout to our Victorian SUNS Army! We braved the cold (6-8 degrees with howling wind), made heaps of noise and got the boys over the line again! Well done to all involved. Lets finish the season strong and get our best ever finish as a club!

Last edited:
What a miraculous SUNsational win!! Our very first win in club history by 1 point and the first time we have beaten the Giants since 2014 - it's been a long time between drinks.

What an all round, hard at it performance by our lads, they really dug deep and fought with a NEVER SAY DIE attitude! What impressed me most was our hunger to not give in and FIGHT for the win, even when it looked unlikely we persevered and continue to pressure the Giants.

This was a club defining win. In years gone past we barely ever win the close ones and if I'm being honest with 4 minutes to go being 11 points down and having no one forward of the ball every time we bombed the ball forward I was pessimistic but we kept at it and produced one of the greatest wins in our clubs history given the conditions.

Ballard continued his incredible form, whenever the ball was pumped forward into the Giants 50 Ballard just seemed to be there to take the intercept mark. He took 9 intercept marks for the day an unreal effort!

Touk was unbelievable again and led the way for the team with 35 touches, 11 clearances, 14 tackles and 2 goals. It's a shame he was suspended earlier in the season because he'll be right up there in contention for the Brownlow.

Burgess had a blinder against mummy. 17 touches, 38 hitouts, 7 clearances, 4 tackles and 1 goal!

Brando had 41 touches of which 17 were contested possessions and had one of his best games as a SUN so far.

Sexton's work rate was incredible, he did not stop sprinting to the contest all day.

Lastly a shoutout to our Victorian SUNS Army! We braved the cold (6-8 degrees with howling wind), made heaps of noise and got the boys over the line again! Well done to all involved. Lets finish the season strong and get our best ever finish as a club!
You should honestly be our #1 ticket holder, we need you and that Drum EVERYWHERE

Remove this Banner Ad

Back