VFL VFL 2023 - [Rnd11 vs * - Sunday June 4 - 1:35pm @NEC Hangar]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
so will walker kicked 3 goals? i know it's only a scratch match but surely he gets a chance at AFL level now

so will walker kicked 3 goals? i know it's only a scratch match but surely he gets a chance at AFL level now
Unfortunately he’s done, I’d sooner a player who’s more likely to be part of our future get a gig.

it sucks because he had something, completely we mismanaged his rehabilitation

I would really like some proof on this accusation.
That we ****ed his rehab? In terms of the original pcl injury?well his rehab didn’t work did it ? Whether we did all the right things and it didn’t take or we were negligent is largely irrelevant a pcl that lasted as long as it did and left the player a shell of himself means whatever course of action we chose was wrong in this case

Last edited:
seems like his rehab went alright if he's back playing games after only a couple of months, but we have to constantly pot the medical staff if players aren't performing superhuman feats of endurance and healing, or it wouldn't be the bigfooty north board
I was talking the original pcl injury and I’ve explained that a post or so ago and frankly the injury list and recovery has been pretty rubbish

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some bloke’s bodies cannot stand up to the stresses of afl footy. I was a fan of WW, but his body won’t allow him to fulfil his potential.
I think you're probably right but this year his issues have been a thumb and a badly corked calf, as opposed to major structural or soft tissue injuries. 3 goals is a very surprising and promising performance, even if it was in some bizarro scratch match with 0 stakes. Certainly a better result than him getting 6 possessions in a half before doing a hamstring, at the very least :p

I think the only player more certain to be goneski is Dom Tyson, but I'm holding out hope Will pulls off a miracle.

Unfortunately he’s done, I’d sooner a player who’s more likely to be part of our future get a gig.

it sucks because he had something, completely we mismanaged his rehabilitation

If we mismanaged his rehab, then there has to be hope for him. At his age, it would be just a matter of looking after him better - surely he would deserve that - especially if, as you say, he had something to begin with…

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Kanga Blues too good for Hawks

Yes, you read that right. All three teams had a bye in the VFL this weekend and combined for a scratch match at Ikon Park.

Carlton and North Melbourne combined forces given their lengthy injury lists to take on a normal-looking Box Hill Hawks side.

Mitch Lewis made his return from a concussion for the Hawks in what was a good sign.

Carlton small forward Josh Honey kicked three goals, while North’s Will Walker also kicked three.

Jed Anderson was also prolific for the Roos as he continues his return from injury, while Blues draftee Jack Carroll was listed among the best players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back