Mega Thread The Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

My Goodness, just turned off the purple reign podcast for the first time ever. They spent so long laying into Acres and Aish I couldn't listen anymore, talking about situations like Aish kicking it out on the full that never even happened? So dissapointed. Yeah I get they're not the most popular guys on the list, but to defame them for situations that never even happened is so so crappy

I thought he did kick it out on the full once? Or maybe it was just a kick that didn’t go to anyone and went out of bounds. Anyway, I’m not a fan of the Purple Reign either and tbh Aish and Acres both had good games.

It’s the constant over use of “mate” that makes my teeth grind on their podcast. It’s all very blokey in an irritating way.

I thought he did kick it out on the full once? Or maybe it was just a kick that didn’t go to anyone and went out of bounds. Anyway, I’m not a fan of the Purple Reign either and tbh Aish and Acres both had good games.

It’s the constant over use of “mate” that makes my teeth grind on their podcast. It’s all very blokey in an irritating way.
I think the part they're talking about is a kick that was intercepted quite easily but not out of bounds, and they were saying Gerard Healy was right cause he made a comment at the time that Aish had poor kicking skills which is wrong and at the time i thought it was an odd comment made by Gerard. They were also on the Acres is soft thing again, which is again just wrong as there were several occasions where he went in hard on sat. They were literally going in on them as though they ****ed their girlfriends or something it was horrible to listen to, I doubt they even watched the game based on that analysis

The challenge is we've beaten one team in the 8 (Sydney) and one of the challengers (GWS), both at home of course.

Right now we look like a 8-12 type team, it'd be nice to pull out a good performance against a better team.
We didn't look bad against the Western Bulldogs, but we also didn't look like we were going to pinch it, and then the injuries put an end to any hope.

We need at least 4 of the last 6 to get in there, and maybe one more given our percentage.
Geelong, Sydney, Richmond, Brisbane, Eagles, St Kilda - if we're good enough we should be thereabouts, but we could also only pick up a couple of those if things don't go our way.
We have a decent record against Geelong but they're top 4 for a reason, Sydney are looking pretty damn good at the moment and it's away, Richmond are vulnerable but still there's the chance they get some cattle back and get back into it, Brisbane are very good even without Hipwood, I don't need to mention our recent derby record and St Kilda are a bit of an enigma at the moment.

Losing to Carlton twice really hurts, both emotionally and on the ladder.
We won't need 5, 4 will be plenty.

We are going to have to learn to beat top 8 sides.
I think we would have taken out the bulldogs but since that game we have not had any players continuity.
Bit of luck & some better kicking for goal & you never know.

Just was about to share this too. David (as he shall now be known on here ) visibly bristles when Joey mentions Freo. You can see him shifting and fidgeting and desperately wanting to get a word in. Kudos to Joey for not letting him cut him off. I actually think he made a pretty firm statement to David and stood up for the club ( yes one of his employers... ).
Also - I think the stat that compares them to AFL averages for their age is a bit misleading in Cez’ case as Adam’s game has the luxury of being built around quality of possession over quantity with the bulls we already have in there racking up numbers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

he's fighting freo fans on twitter again lmao
Is that why he’s salty? He’s sacrificing his credibility as an expert because he’s too stubborn to concede he got it wrong and would rather dig in on Twitter? What a squeezer!

Throws out a line about our dependence on older players which flies in the face of the next graphic highlighting how relatively advanced our coveted midfield youth are when statistically measured against all other players their own age! Does this not suggest that we are less dependant on our older players as our young mids (Darcy, AB, AC and Caleb) are statistically proven to do more collective heavy lifting than their peers at other clubs?
For a slightly above average ex player who’s only useful ongoing contribution to the game is statistical analysis he really finds simple mathematics baffling doesn’t he? And let’s not forget his zinger earlier in the season about there being an equal amount of wins and losses in all games played between the top 8 this year. Really proves how even this year’s competition is apparently.

Is that why he’s salty? He’s sacrificing his credibility as an expert because he’s too stubborn to concede he got it wrong and would rather dig in on Twitter? What a squeezer!

Throws out a line about our dependence on older players which flies in the face of the next graphic highlighting how relatively advanced our coveted midfield youth are when statistically measured against all other players their own age! Does this not suggest that we are less dependant on our older players as our young mids (Darcy, AB, AC and Caleb) are statistically proven to do more collective heavy lifting than their peers at other clubs?
For a slightly above average ex player who’s only useful ongoing contribution to the game is statistical analysis he really finds simple mathematics baffling doesn’t he? And let’s not forget his zinger earlier in the season about there being an equal amount of wins and losses in all games played between the top 8 this year. Really proves how even this year’s competition is apparently.
wouldn't be the first time an 'expert' has done that lmao

I just went to check the Twitter fighting with Ross's former toyboy, Mr David "The Lyon" King, and it turns out the soft wee lad has blocked me.

That has never happened before. I am more than a bit bemused that he has bothered. If I was that fat I wouldn't be too happy having such thin skin.

Why anyone, especially someone who is paid decent dollars to voice their opinions would give a s**t what flogs on twitter think is beyond me.

Isn't something like 90% of twitter content done by only 10% of the users or something like that?

The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back