Bigger

Club Legend
Nov 9, 2001
East Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
need to take a good look at themselves
Why anyone, especially someone who is paid decent dollars to voice their opinions would give a sh*t what flogs on twitter think is beyond me.

Isn't something like 90% of twitter content done by only 10% of the users or something like that?

The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

After he went a little beresk on Fremantle for "carrying on" about wanting their home game against Carlton in Tasmania, I said to him that his TV gig was blinding him to what is actually important in a competition. Then I said, in homage to his Shinboner mate Boris the Chicken, "find another rubber chicken to f^ck" - a phrase that should probably get more use - and he must have sat up in bed, spectacles on, just mashing away at the phone screen, yelling at his missus about all the bad people on the internet.

Unbelievable.

Nov 30, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
After he went a little beresk on Fremantle for "carrying on" about wanting their home game against Carlton in Tasmania, I said to him that his TV gig was blinding him to what is actually important in a competition. Then I said, in homage to his Shinboner mate Boris the Chicken, "find another rubber chicken to f^ck" - a phrase that should probably get more use - and he must have sat up in bed, spectacles on, just mashing away at the phone screen, yelling at his missus about all the bad people on the internet.

Unbelievable.
If he’s not wearing a night cap and pyjamas when you imagine this you are doing yourself a disservice 😂

Alfonz

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 23, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Someone should remind King about how he confidently predicted on Fox Footy that Sydney would win the 2014 GF by 68 points. Was so smug with his boldness. Only ended up about 130 points off the mark. Such an expert.

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
I noticed when the others were raving about Darcy’s numbers & performance King begrudgingly said he is ok but needs to have more score involvement. I believe Darcy had PB in this area against Hawthorn?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Darcy has kicked more goals than Gawn this year in less games.

Belnakor

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
You guys need some perspective on bad media content. go watch footy classified or robbo.

so basically, i like all freo podcasts. there all pretty decent and I appreciate the coverage (because the traditional media sure doesn't).

Footy Classified is for muck raking and general gossip/hot takes. if you are watching it for anything other than that you are watching the wrong show.

Belnakor

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Someone should remind King about how he confidently predicted on Fox Footy that Sydney would win the 2014 GF by 68 points. Was so smug with his boldness. Only ended up about 130 points off the mark. Such an expert.

King has always hated us and looked down on us. Hes a campaigner.

He toured our facilities in the 90s just for leverage with North and basically walked out saying "what a shithole". He has always looked down on us. Ironic coming from a guy who came from a club about half our revenue.

Belnakor

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I don't see it. It's clear he watches our games (plus many others)and thinks highly of a number of our players.

To me his comments have, if not a coaching-like tone, at least a mentor/well-wisher flavour to them. I see him as honest and thoughtful.

The hawks supporters were complaining Healy barracks for us in the box. I think he is alright.

If you watch the game again Healy clearly likes seeing us do well and just gets frustrated when we don't go as well as he would like/expect. I also get the feeling he had some money on us on the weekend on the margin.

wild side

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 29, 2010
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I don't see it. It's clear he watches our games (plus many others)and thinks highly of a number of our players.

To me his comments have, if not a coaching-like tone, at least a mentor/well-wisher flavour to them. I see him as honest and thoughtful.

I concur, I reckon he's ok. Good footy knowledge, and a bit of an elder statesman these days

stax on the mull

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 26, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Matildas
King has always hated us and looked down on us. Hes a campaigner.

He toured our facilities in the 90s just for leverage with North and basically walked out saying "what a shithole". He has always looked down on us. Ironic coming from a guy who came from a club about half our revenue.

Think Drum wanted him because King had played at Port Melbourne in the VFA when Drum was coach there.

wild side

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 29, 2010
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Robbo said he hasn’t watched us lately but Clayton Hinkley needs to lift in the absence of the injured Phil Gilbert

He actually said that he had watched us for the past 8 weeks, and said that Darcy is the best ruck in the comp.
He also pushed for Kath Loughnan to get a gig with him in that moron Geelong supporter's absence

stax on the mull

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 26, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Matildas
King came over when Neesham was starting his gig.

Didn't know that, but there was definitely discussion to get him later when Drum was coaching. He'd only played one season for North in 1994 when Fremantle entered the competition, but he was picked up as a mature draftee - and in 1993, the year before he was drafted, he was at Port Melbourne when Drum was coach.

Anyway, I'll always associate King with the "sh_t kebabs" incident.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back