A Section Premier section 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Lions played their best quarter of football for the year in the opening term but missed a couple of easy set shots that would've given us a handy lead over Xavs.

Alas, it was not to be and Xavs did what they had to do in the second half as our boys seemed to be unable to keep up the pressure against a top side, who despite their injuries played very well when it mattered.

A tough trip to Glenhuntly Oval for our first game against the Fields since 2012 awaits after the double bye.
Fabulous effort by your boys on the weekend Mr Olotripo, only two goals behind at the final buzzer.
Apart from Mr Viv Michie, who else do you have to come back when the season re-starts after we have all sat on our bums not being able to travel? I still shake my head at this double bye……..

Last edited:
Haha. Remember playing in a game where the ball hit the tree and then a Caulfield player picked it up and kicked a goal!!
Tree has since been removed.
Ah yes, I used to sit at the top of that tree and got an uninterrupted view as the brothers Sinclair ruled the roost. What terrific players they were, and of course one still is.

Fabulous effort by your boys on the weekend Mr Olotripo, only two goals behind at the final buzzer.
Apart from Mr Viv Michie, who else do you have to come back when the season re-starts after we have all sat on our bums not being able to travel? I still shake my head at this double bye……..

Michie will likely come back, as will Sheridan who has been interstate with work, Prudden is likely to come in and hopefully a couple more but sadly Darrou and Hibbins are done for the season.

Michie will likely come back, as will Sheridan who has been interstate with work, Prudden is likely to come in and hopefully a couple more but sadly Darrou and Hibbins are done for the season.
Mr Olotripo, you are monties to stay up.

Mr Olotripo, you are monties to stay up.

I wouldn't say we are guaranteed to stay up and it will be tough. We need to find form and find it quickly, however I back our club in to do that. We need at least 2 wins and will likely need a third.

Mr Gold, can you also confirm the whispers I heard that a Jock Nelson Medallist was looking at making a return for the back end of the season?

Now now Hipp. We must welcome the new man (or woman) with open arms and not throw any accusations at who this individual could be.

Edit: Removed quoted deleted post - OTP
Mr From, I missed the original post, but I can and will assure you for the second time, that I am a new convert to Big Footy, so please let's leave it at that. As far as my gender, I'm not gender neutral.

I wouldn't say we are guaranteed to stay up and it will be tough. We need to find form and find it quickly, however I back our club in to do that. We need at least 2 wins and will likely need a third.

Mr Gold, can you also confirm the whispers I heard that a Jock Nelson Medallist was looking at making a return for the back end of the season?
Mr Olotripo, it would be folly of me to ignore your post when enquiring about a Nelson medalist. The great Mr Brown was spotted at SKOB training last week, looking as fit and fabulous as usual as he caressed the pig skin centimetre perfectly across the hallowed turf of the almost three time reigning premiers home ground.
I note that Mr Armistead has great pleasure in letting use all know how many games in a row the lads from Caulfield Racecourse have won each week, forgetting that SKOB are on a +1 better run, currently standing at 8 in a row. Can they both extend their winning streak after the unnecessary two week hiatus? We shall see......

Last edited:
Why is it late ? Mr Gold seems like an interesting new poster .
Interesting comment Mr Bedford, this board needed a lift with Mr Hippster obviously now in full employment post the Covid shut down. I'll be sure to pay you a visit at your local, the C Grade board.

Interesting comment Mr Bedford, this board needed a lift with Mr Hippster obviously now in full employment post the Covid shut down. I'll be sure to pay you a visit at your local, the C Grade board.
For a new poster you seem to have great knowledge of all VAFA and SKOBAFL

Mr Olotripo, it would be folly of me to ignore your post when enquiring about a Nelson medalist. The great Mr Brown was spotted at SKOB training last week, looking as fit and fabulous as usual as he caressed the pig skin centimetre perfectly across the hallowed turf of the almost three time reigning premiers home ground.
I note that Mr Armistead has great pleasure in letting use all know how many games in a row the lads from Caulfield Racecourse have won each week, forgetting that SKOB are on a +1 better run, currently standing at 8 in a row. Can they both extend their winning streak after the unnecessary two week hiatus? We shall see......

Umm SKOBS are top, have been more successful and have more AFL experience than the Fields…but they both last lost in Round 3.

So the winning runs are the same at 7 games.

Not sure their runs will continue to Round 16 when they get to meet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So if we cut the proverbial 'crap', Mitch Brown is playing this season?

Umm SKOBS are top, have been more successful and have more AFL experience than the Fields…but they both last lost in Round 3.

So the winning runs are the same at 7 games.

Not sure their runs will continue to Round 16 when they get to meet.
Brown back for SKOB could be massive....the best player I have ever seen in the Tri-Colours (NOTE: I'm not saying he is the greatest ever SKOBBER...surely that is Pluga or Dolly). Obviously been off the tools for a long time though. I wonder if we see Waite and Boyd post break....actually plenty of points to play with. Fielders/Xavs/SKOB premiership favorites at the minute?

Speaking of, I failed to note that a 17 year old debuted for Collegians two weeks ago by the name of Jordan Carroll. Handy player, school first XVIII captain this season. One for the future.

I was just wondering if anyone knows of the youngest player to play senior Premier / A section football? I reckon there would be barely any in the last 30 years at least who played before they were at least 17 although some have suggested club champion and current co-president Mark Hibbins made his senior Collegians debut at 16.

Speaking of, I failed to note that a 17 year old debuted for Collegians two weeks ago by the name of Jordan Carroll. Handy player, school first XVIII captain this season. One for the future.

I was just wondering if anyone knows of the youngest player to play senior Premier / A section football? I reckon there would be barely any in the last 30 years at least who played before they were at least 17 although some have suggested club champion and current co-president Mark Hibbins made his senior Collegians debut at 16.
Ben Ronke played as a 17 year old in Bernard’s 2015 premiership. Dec 97 birth date So was likely 17 and 4-5 months on debut.

For a new poster you seem to have great knowledge of all VAFA and SKOBAFL
Mr Bedford, what exactly does that statement mean? If I were to rely on gathering my knowledge from geniuses like you I would be lacking any kind of information 🤔

Hearing whispers Rohan Bewick done for the year for OXAFL. Few fires to put out.
45/

Mr Bedford, what exactly does that statement mean? If I were to rely on gathering my knowledge from geniuses like you I would be lacking any kind of information 🤔
Thank you for the compliment . The statement is as i said that for a new poster you seem to have a great knowledge of Premier clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back