Phantom Draft Big_Newon Phantom Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Big_Newon

Senior List
Jul 12, 2021
AFL Club
Richmond
Please don't criticise this because I had a few sleepless nights thinking about the Bulldogs and Brisbane picks. I havent taken points off teams like Collingwood and Bulldogs for matching father son bids because its too much of a hassle. Anyway i gave it a crack so i hope you agree with some of the picks.

July Phantom Draft:

1st Round:

Pick 1: Western Bulldogs: Sam Darcy

Pick 2: Collingwood: Nick Daicos

Pick 3: North Melbourne: Jason Horne

Pick 4: Hawthorn: Finn Callaghan

Pick 5: Adelaide: Josh Gibcus

Pick 6: GWS: Josh Sinn

Pick 7: Gold Coast: Matthew Roberts

Pick 8: Carlton: Ben Hobbs

Pick 9: Richmond: Josh Rachele

Pick 10: Essendon: Jack Williams

Pick 11: GWS: Matthew Johnson

Pick 12: St Kilda: Jye Amiss

Pick 13: GWS: Joshua Fahey

Pick 14: Gold Coast: Bodhi Uwhland

Pick 15: West Coast: Darcy Wilmot

Pick 16: Fremantle: Arlo Draper

Pick 17: Sydney: Rhett Bazzo

Pick 18: Port Adelaide: Mac Andrew

Pick 19: Brisbane: Jacob Van Rooyen

Pick 20: Richmond: Tyler Sonsie

Pick 21: Western Bulldogs: Sam Butler

Pick 22: Brisbane: Neil Erasmus

Bit of Second Round:

Pick 23: North Melbourne: Josh Goater

Pick 24: Hawthorn: Josh Ward

Pick 25: Adelaide: Judson Clarke

Pick 26: Hawthorn: Connor Macdonald

Pick 27: Gold Coast: Ned Long

Pick 28: Carlton: Cooper Murley

Pick 29: Richmond: Blake Howes

Pick 30: Geelong: Lewis Rayson

Pick 31: Geelong: Sam Breuer

Pick 32: Richmond: Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera

Pick 33: West Coast: Lachlan Rankin

Pick 34: Fremantle: Joshua Browne

Pick 35: Sydney: Hugh Jackson

Last edited:

**This is not a criticism**

You have Arlo Draper being drafted by both Fremantle and Bulldogs.

Josh Faye is tied to GWS, who will 100% match the bid. There is no restriction on Northern academies matching their kids in the first round.

Erasmus is a good first pick for Brisbane. Would have preferred Jacob Van Rooyen.

**this is an observation**
Whoa, buck the truck up, how is Josh Goater not drafted by anyone? I would be throwing a shoe at the television if we passed on Goater if he was still available.

Crows would almost be a certainty to take a midfielder, hard to see them taking a KPD with young tall defenders Jordan Butts, Nick Murray, Fischer McAsey, Josh Worrell, and James Borlase on the list already.

Josh Faye is tied to GWS, who will 100% match the bid. There is no restriction on Northern academies matching their kids in the first round.

Erasmus is a good first pick for Brisbane. Would have preferred Jacob Van Rooyen.

Whoa, buck the truck up, how is Josh Goater not drafted by anyone? I would be throwing a shoe at the television if we passed on Goater if he was still available.
Goater could push top 5 if his form was like he played the other day.

Thats my bad. Sorry about that. What do you think the dogs needs are? Its hard to see any holes on their list. Maybe a half back or back pocket like Bodhi Uwlhand.

Thats my bad. Sorry about that. What do you think the dogs needs are? Its hard to see any holes on their list. Maybe a half back or back pocket like Bodhi Uwlhand.
The bulldogs will lose that pick when they match the bid for Sam Darcy

The bulldogs will lose that pick when they match the bid for Sam Darcy
Yes for sure, but thats why I said before the draft I havent taken points off Bulldogs and Collingwood for father son matching.

Sorry guys for the mistakes. I will change it now to satisfy your observations.
Bulldogs won’t have the pick, so simplest thing to do is just take them out of the first round. Don’t give them a pick.

Give GWS their kid, move every other team back, and do a redraft after the GWS (as you have done).

And... don’t change your first draft because of whinging fans like me.

Listen to what different posters say about their club needs, take it on board, and do a second phantom draft after the season ends.

For those of us who live on the draft board, we get to know what other clubs need.

For example, GC need KPP’s at both ends. Adelaide, Hawthorn and Carlton need mids. Fremantle need a KPF and West Coast need mids, etc...

Bulldogs won’t have the pick, so simplest thing to do is just take them out of the first round. Don’t give them a pick.

Give GWS their kid, move every other team back, and do a redraft after the GWS (as you have done).

And... don’t change your first draft because of whinging fans like me.

Listen to what different posters say about their club needs, take it on board, and do a second phantom draft after the season ends.

For those of us who live on the draft board, we get to know what other clubs need.

For example, GC need KPP’s at both ends. Adelaide, Hawthorn and Carlton need mids. Fremantle need a KPF and West Coast need mids, etc...
I agree with everything here. Thanks for the advice I appreciate it. Surely West Coast dont need more mids though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree with everything here. Thanks for the advice I appreciate it. Surely West Coast dont need more mids though.
I think WC do need mids, and I would expect that Erasmus and Johnson would be in their sights, and despite Fremantle needing a KPF we would be tempted as well. I like Draper, but wouldn't see much separation between him and Erasmus, so would prefer local.

Getting Browne at our 2nd would be great value. And from your draft, suspect we would take JVR with our first.

I think there is a fair amount of fluidity for the top 30 players. For Fremantle, Erasmus at our first and Williams (or one of the talls) at our second would be purple dreamtime. JVR and Browne wouldn't be far off either.

Big_Newon, great work taking feedback on board. It can be tough when you do these because everyone has an opinion and some have VERY loud opinions.

I look forward to the next one you do!!
This needed a “like” and a “lol” from me.

Not sure Collingwood have the points to match a bid for Daicos. They traded their first this year to GWS.

Pick 14: Gold Coast: Bodhi Uwhland
I like this kid and am glad you put him in. He is very hard at the footy and that was shown in the GC vs Swans VFL game. but I see him as a bit later then 14. Definitely draftable and could go higher with a strong champs (if it happens).

August Phantom Draft

1st round:

Pick 1: Collingwood: Nick Daicos

Pick 2: Western Bulldogs: Sam Darcy

Pick 3: North Melbourne: Jason Horne

Pick 4: Hawthorn: Finn Callaghan

Pick 5: Adelaide: Ben Hobbs

Pick 6: Gold Coast: Matthew Roberts

Pick 7: GWS: Mac Andrew

Pick 8: St Kilda: Josh Rachele

Pick 9: Carlton: Josh Ward

Pick 10: Richmond: Neil Erasmus