Expansion Proposals for a Truly National AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

But there is no way a current International side could compete with an Australian.

You mean to say "compete with an AFL side". Even so, you could have world side or country of origin AFL side.

And as I said it’s a very huge ask of having an International AFL when even soccer hasn’t pulled this off.

You omitted "AFL" before. As I said, There are numerous international Australian Rules Football competitions.

It would be hard to achieve and almost impossible with a divisional structure.
Its not that difficult to comprehend that there is no money to support a divisional structure.
Honestly Red, the whole world is available to us, with all the revenue we could imagine.
You are stuck in this institutionalized bubble, along with much of the football community. Until you embrace free market principles, you will never understand the dynamics at play in a free market, especially when we are peddling the most entertaining sport football code on earth.

If you cannot grasp the simple elegance of a divisional system, in which every clubs deserves their position and can compete at a level which sustainably meets their resources, then please stick to the other threads, which as it seems, are just commentary on AFL decision making.

This thread is dedicated to what the game can be, and not what the game cannot be.

Honestly Red, the whole world is available to us, with all the revenue we could imagine.

That's a grand statement. Go out and get it. Best of luck. Can i help in any way ?

You are stuck in this institutionalized bubble, along with much of the football community.

You don't know me at at. You are attacking me simply because I critique your ideas.

you will never understand the dynamics at play in a free market, especially when we are peddling the most entertaining sport football code on earth.

A free market by definition means an uncontrolled market. An uncontrolled market is the death of sport.

If you cannot grasp the simple elegance of a divisional system, in which every clubs deserves their position and can compete at a level which sustainably meets their resources.

I fully appreciate the divisional structure in the non-professional environment.

just commentary on AFL decision making.

You seemed to be confused in your proposal and what the AFL stands for.
It is ludicrous to suggest that the AFL should self destruct in a free market.
If it is not a free market then it is ludicrous for the AFL to do anything but what it chooses.

This thread is dedicated to what the game can be, and not what the game cannot be.

The AFL is the greatest domestic league in the world on a per head of population basis.
If you say Australian Rules Football can be even greater then I am all ears.
I wish you every success in bringing into fruition an Australian Rules Football league greater than the present AFL.
I wish you every success in finding the requisite entrepreneurs in building your divisional structure.

You said this several times now to people who disagree with you. Im not sure this means what you think it does.
It defines those that believe in western cultural (libertarian) values, vs those that believe in Corporate Authoritarian values.
nb. Libertarians generally believe in free markets, constitutional law and democracy.
Authoritarians believe in centralist engineered systems. Call it equalisation, or draft or fixed licenses, its all central control mechanisms.

Once one says that they dont believe in the free market, then they expose themselves as authoritarians.

Do you know what you believe in. What you stand for? Your principals?

Last edited:
As the superior analyst and clear thinker with a greater understanding of economics and reality.
No, as centralist who believes in controlled, contrived markets, without respect for player and club sovereignty.
An Authoritarian elitist.

Also, remember when you thought you were entitled to expose my private details, yet, were not willing to expose your own?

No, as centralist

?? I'm West Australian.

who believes in ....

competitive and sustainable competition, with respect for player and club sovereignty and history.

Also, remember when you thought you were entitled to expose my private details,

Well you posted - I analyzed

yet, were not willing to expose your own

I have given my proposals in a number of threads.

You are stuck in this institutionalized bubble, along with much of the football community. Until you embrace free market principles, you will never understand the dynamics at play in a free market, especially when we are peddling the most entertaining sport football code on earth.

If you cannot grasp the simple elegance of a divisional system, in which every clubs deserves their position and can compete at a level which sustainably meets their resources, then please stick to the other threads, which as it seems, are just commentary on AFL decision making.

Its the lowest common denominator, part time footballers, cant play this week because the district is ploughing ...

A team like Halls Creek would need a very big sponsor just for air fares (https://www.google.com.au/maps/@-18.2251527,127.6375962,7z?hl=en ).

I wonder if Wayne Carey read the article?
I mentioned exactly that Dust should be getting paid $5M.

Chech attachment

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1625525342552.jpg
    FB_IMG_1625525342552.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It defines those that believe in western cultural (libertarian) values, vs those that believe in Corporate Authoritarian values.
nb. Libertarians generally believe in free markets, constitutional law and democracy.
Authoritarians believe in centralist engineered systems. Call it equalisation, or draft or fixed licenses, its all central control mechanisms.

Once one says that they dont believe in the free market, then they expose themselves as authoritarians.

Do you know what you believe in. What you stand for? Your principals?
I think you've exposed your own limited thinking if you think the world is nothing but "libertarians" and "authoritarians".
And in all honesty your political dichotomy does not apply to the AFL. The AFL is not a mini-political-economy unto itself. It is a not-for-profit (lol) entity within Australian society.

I think you've exposed your own limited thinking if you think the world is nothing but "libertarians" and "authoritarians".
And in all honesty your political dichotomy does not apply to the AFL. The AFL is not a mini-political-economy unto itself. It is a not-for-profit (lol) entity within Australian society.
The transparency of sport makes it the perfect study of political, economic, cultural and psychological philosophy.

Geo-politically, we are witnessing a battle of ideologies between individual rights over collectivism.

i have simply branded it libertarians v authoritarians, but there are many terms to describe the ideological tug of war.

but I think we can all agree that the AFL commission is way too powerful.

The transparency of sport makes it the perfect study of political, economic, cultural and psychological philosophy.

Geo-politically, we are witnessing a battle of ideologies between individual rights over collectivism.

i have simply branded it libertarians v authoritarians, but there are many terms to describe the ideological tug of war.

but I think we can all agree that the AFL commission is way too powerful.

The AFL Commission exercises next to no control, effectively the administration do as they want.
The AFL competition should standalone from the development of the game.

Barcelona is facing bankruptcy
Success is never guarantee, no matter how big the club is.
This is the raw reality of capitalism. The dramatic brutalism of it all, is what makes it so spectacular.

Ive made an amendment to the OP, understanding that if equal voting rights were given to each club, then the league would quickly fall to grossly unfair financial redistribution. So in order to prevent the socialization of the future divisional league, I have implemented weighted votes in favour of higher rated divisional clubs.

Under this method, it would take only 9 x Div1 clubs to gain a majority vote of the league, and 8 x Div1 clubs + 1 x Div3 club to gain majority.

See the amendment to the OP below;
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Governance via weighted democratic consensus.

Strategic Decision Making concerning the League as a whole, is to be conducted via democratic consensus, with club votes weighted in favor of divisional strength, to prevent unfair financial redistribution.

- The AFL Administration is structured as a corporation, and acts as the Chairman of the board, and is NOT allocated voting rights.
- The Participating Clubs are all allocate voting rights, weighted as per the table below;

Voting Rights for Entire League Decisions
AFL - 0 Votes
DIV 1 Clubs - 64 votes per club (total of 768 votes or 74% of total votes)
DIV 2 Clubs - 16 votes per club (total of 192 votes or 19% of total votes)
DIV 3 Clubs - 4 votes per club (max total of 48 votes or 5% of total votes) or 2 votes per club if Div3 expands to 23 teams
DIV 4 Clubs - 1 vote per club (max total of 23 votes or 2% of total votes)

TOTAL OF 1031 votes

Divisional specific decisions such as scheduling, are conducted with each divisional club entitled one vote per division, with the AFL Chair acting as the deciding vote if required.

1626146470976.png
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ah, bureaucracy . Whatever happened to free market forces ?
Voting rights is based on expected Broadcast revenue. I anticipate that Div1 would bring in 75% of revenue.
So it seems fairly consistent with the free market approach.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back