Not-a-cluey Best FOOTBALL RELATED RUMOUR you have heard from someone you trust Part Deux - Many lies and bullshit in here. Please read OP before posting.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2013
ACT
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Water has passed under the bridge so I can say these

Warning - many are not surprising
Oh and these are all from 2019

Dusty is the biggest animal for drugs that my friend has ever seen, puts away multiple bags on a night out during the season

Dusty sighted on Cremorne street pre round 1 2019 with a beer in his hand at 7:30AM on a Monday morning

Plenty of Carlton players (not sure on names) get sideways during the year, drugs and drinks every weekend (suspect the Richmond blokes like Cripps, McKay)

This source was with Steven May when he got done for having “a few drinks” when he was overweight, he actually had 15+ drinks that day and was on the bags

Steven May would also go to this guys establishment to pick up gear

Bontempelli regular attendee to this guys establishment, Suckling (nobody cares I know) was there every time I went there, presumably to pick up

Joe Daniher used to brag about not playing footy, said he’d probably quit and do media if he didn’t get traded to the Swans -you didn’t even need to be close to him, he’d just ******* tell you himself

Maynard sighted at the Albion rooftop off his head on MD, running around taking photos with everyone in his last weekend before returning to the side in 2019 (actually a good bloke though)

JDG snapchatted a girl I’m good friends with, dick pics and everything as recently as 2020 - unsolicited too, still a pig dog

Jack Steven drug pig, hardly trained and smashed pills every weekend, also smashed xannies etc

That’s all ive got - know one at least bi WBD player but that’s a private matter

And no, I don’t know anything useful nor am I mates with any of these blokes

Mods, delete if this is TMI

Why is someone's drug taking habits on the table, but not someones sexuality. The least you could do is leave a cryptic clue
I would hazard a guess that one is illegal and one isn't

Percy2257

The Urgio to be Sergio
May 11, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Because blokes doing drugs affects their performance (don’t tell me it doesn’t, I’ve done enough party drugs in my life to know it does)

Who you sleep with doesn’t
But if you take drugs that could affect who you sleep with. It is well established that certain drugs, like meth, predispose many people to be a lot more liberal in their sexual behaviour.
So give us a hint about the WB player.
We know that Lachie Hunter was on high on drugs and crashed into cars in middle park. Maybe he’s a bit AC/DC when under the influence.

Tim Evans Beard

Cancelled
East Side Hawks - Sweet F.A. Chess Club Member
Apr 9, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I just read Grenville Dietrich's Wikipedia page... I'd never heard of him. Surely someone on here wrote it. Bit of a laugh, e.g. "the joke in Adelaide at the time was that his training regime consisted of one or two laps around Prospect Oval, with the rest of the night spent sitting at the club's bar working his elbow."
I always first think of this when i hear about Grenville:

"It is part of SANFL legend that he once tried to ride home on a pushbike carrying either two hot pizzas, or a pizza and a slab. It ended badly. He wobbled off, scalded his leg and missed two games.

Big GD was still a regular at Prospect Oval watching the Roosters until his leg came off. He is a ripping bloke and provides very, very average horse racing tips. You could also catch Barrie Robran manning the merchandise van!

Greg Edwards - Shane's old man - is always about the club as well and is great value as well.

The SANFL debacle is a good day out if you are going to an AFL game in SA and want to have a laugh with some pretty talented old boys.

And I in no way support the Roosters.

Concussion test

Adelaide Football Club. Established 1860
May 19, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
I just read Grenville Dietrich's Wikipedia page... I'd never heard of him. Surely someone on here wrote it. Bit of a laugh, e.g. "the joke in Adelaide at the time was that his training regime consisted of one or two laps around Prospect Oval, with the rest of the night spent sitting at the club's bar working his elbow."
Lifted from "The Footy Almanac"

There are plenty of other funny anecdotes on the site but the following paragraphs are an insight to his early career.

Grenville Dietrich: The Man, The Myth, The Legend
Grenville Dietrich, what a character, but I wish to highlight also what a sensational footballer. He was blisteringly quick off the mark on a lead. Grenville is the second highest goal scorer in North Adelaide Football history and also third in SANFL history re. kicking 10 goals in a game or more nine times, only ranking behind the footy equivalent of Don Bradman, the immortal Ken Farmer and Bruce Schultz.

Back to the beginning. Grenville grew up in Mildura, playing A grade footy at the age of 15. Grenville also represented Victoria in the victorious Victorian Teal Cup side in 1977 and was rewarded with All-Australian selection at Centre Half Forward with such players as Roger Merrett, Doug Hawkins, Mark Bos, Glen Hawker, Justin Madden and Neale Daniher just to name a few; it was truly a fantastic side. Grenville came down to play for Richmond in ’78 but unfortunately did serious damage to his ankle ligaments during his brief time at Punt Rd. Grenville also lived with Kevin Sheedy and remains friends to this day and a huge supporter of the Tigers.

Grenville returned to Mildura and in 1979 was actually recruited by Central District. Following a trial game at the Ponderosa, he got in to an altercation with a supporter in the toilet and in Grenville’s own words there was a fair bit of claret spilt, not much of it his own, and unfortunately he had a white shirt which highlighted the drama. He was summoned to a meeting in Kris Grant’s office on the Monday morning and given a bus ticket back to Mildura (remarkably, Kris Grant is still working for Centrals today, be interesting to know if he is the longest current serving official).

So back to Mildura, where he was eventually spotted by David Kearns and recruited by North Adelaide, making his debut in 1982 against South Adelaide playing at CHF (don’t think Grenville ventured out to CHF that often during his career!). Grenville made his name as a full forward and is the only player, in 1983 and 1984, to kick over 100 goals in a season consecutively but not never win the Ken Farmer award (leading goal kicker in the SANFL). (Rick Davies did kick 151 in 1983, a league record).

Doesn’t Treloar missus play Netty??
Screenshot_20210713-191903_Chrome.jpg

Jul 6, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Josh Dunkley's doing a Geoff Hayward?

Lifted from "The Footy Almanac"

There are plenty of other funny anecdotes on the site but the following paragraphs are an insight to his early career.

Grenville Dietrich: The Man, The Myth, The Legend
Grenville Dietrich, what a character, but I wish to highlight also what a sensational footballer. He was blisteringly quick off the mark on a lead. Grenville is the second highest goal scorer in North Adelaide Football history and also third in SANFL history re. kicking 10 goals in a game or more nine times, only ranking behind the footy equivalent of Don Bradman, the immortal Ken Farmer and Bruce Schultz.

Back to the beginning. Grenville grew up in Mildura, playing A grade footy at the age of 15. Grenville also represented Victoria in the victorious Victorian Teal Cup side in 1977 and was rewarded with All-Australian selection at Centre Half Forward with such players as Roger Merrett, Doug Hawkins, Mark Bos, Glen Hawker, Justin Madden and Neale Daniher just to name a few; it was truly a fantastic side. Grenville came down to play for Richmond in ’78 but unfortunately did serious damage to his ankle ligaments during his brief time at Punt Rd. Grenville also lived with Kevin Sheedy and remains friends to this day and a huge supporter of the Tigers.

Grenville returned to Mildura and in 1979 was actually recruited by Central District. Following a trial game at the Ponderosa, he got in to an altercation with a supporter in the toilet and in Grenville’s own words there was a fair bit of claret spilt, not much of it his own, and unfortunately he had a white shirt which highlighted the drama. He was summoned to a meeting in Kris Grant’s office on the Monday morning and given a bus ticket back to Mildura (remarkably, Kris Grant is still working for Centrals today, be interesting to know if he is the longest current serving official).

So back to Mildura, where he was eventually spotted by David Kearns and recruited by North Adelaide, making his debut in 1982 against South Adelaide playing at CHF (don’t think Grenville ventured out to CHF that often during his career!). Grenville made his name as a full forward and is the only player, in 1983 and 1984, to kick over 100 goals in a season consecutively but not never win the Ken Farmer award (leading goal kicker in the SANFL). (Rick Davies did kick 151 in 1983, a league record).
I love this one his wiki page

Grenville Dietrich still lives in Adelaide with his wife, the couple have two sons Sam and Lachy. He plays Lawn bowls for the Rosewater Bowling Club, enjoying the social side of the game which allows him two of his favourite pastimes, smoking and drinking.

Concussion test

Adelaide Football Club. Established 1860
May 19, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
I love this one his wiki page

Grenville Dietrich still lives in Adelaide with his wife, the couple have two sons Sam and Lachy. He plays Lawn bowls for the Rosewater Bowling Club, enjoying the social side of the game which allows him two of his favourite pastimes, smoking and drinking.
Grenville has already kissed goodbye the leg that kicked most of his goals. Blood flow issues, which I assume is code for diabetes.

Jamolad

Team Captain
Aug 31, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
Sorry to keep rowing along the Grenville talk (sounding like a card-carrying member of the Grenville Appreciation Society), story I was referencing in my earlier post re beer in hand on morning of game day went like this...

Club officials from whoever Grenville was playing on the Saturday came across him on the Friday night in town, so they kept buying him drinks all night...from The Berkley to Jules and Rios...the sort of night where eventually the only place that would let you in was The Black Rose. They kept him out drinking til well after daylight and it backfired on them - he still fronted that arvo and kicked over 10 goals, while 2 of the 3 officials never made it to the game (and the one that did was well and truly under the weather).

Not sure how embellished or if any is accurate as text messages didn't exist back then. Sad to hear he lost a leg so won't make any legless puns.

Another story I heard was Grenville actually did that urban legend of ordering a pizza at the shop to catch a lift home with the delivery driver.

Back