Health Pre Workout drinks - your experiences

Sep 19, 2007
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Tried this stuff today and I was coming off nightshift so I was aware of the 300mg caffeine content after already having 200mg. Only took about 1/3 of the bottle and literally felt like throwing up. Anyone else experience this with pre workout.

I used to use them years ago, some of the supps included (e.g. beta-alanine) can be a shock to the system at the start too.
I still have a black coffee before morning workouts.

NonPhixion

Bookie Assassin
Mar 27, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns, Tony Ferguson
Have experienced this with many pre workout drinks. Think a lot of them are just a waste of money tbh. As mentioned a black coffee does the trick even No Doz tablets are a cheaper and probably healthier alternative.
The old formula Craze was the best pre-workout I have tried, but sadly no longer available

Sep 19, 2007
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Have experienced this with many pre workout drinks. Think a lot of them are just a waste of money tbh. As mentioned a black coffee does the trick even No Doz tablets are a cheaper and probably healthier alternative.
The old formula Craze was the best pre-workout I have tried, but sadly no longer available
I took this stuff at 10am. Didn't even drink the whole lot and it ****ed up my sleep. I only just got to sleep at 8pm while I was on night shift. That's 10 hours of buzz.

May 22, 2016
Perf
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
WV Mountaineers Texas Rangers

Original Craze was the absolute business.Think I was legit addicted to it though, when I heard they were banning it I got maybe 40 tubs. people were offering me $300/tub. haha

BZRK is ok rn.

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
I can't do caffeine before a workout. Makes my heart race.

Apr 10, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
AFC Wimbledon
Tried them and I like the caffeine buzz but you know its a case of diminishing returns and I'd worry about taking them with any sort of regularity. Plus there is no way you are getting anywhere near value for money (imo) and so after trying a couple I have one in the back of the cupboard for the odd day but my go to preworkout is a strong coffee and a banana.

Sep 19, 2007
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Tried them and I like the caffeine buzz but you know its a case of diminishing returns and I'd worry about taking them with any sort of regularity. Plus there is no way you are getting anywhere near value for money (imo) and so after trying a couple I have one in the back of the cupboard for the odd day but my go to preworkout is a strong coffee and a banana.
As I understand, you're supposed to build up to around 450mg and then drop for a whole week or two. It would seem to make sense to do this toward the end of your cycles

aussiefooty

Carn the mighty roos!
I reneged on a bet or agreement :( Chess Club Member
Jun 7, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Socceroos Geelong
Try having the pre workout drink before going to bed the night before.

It's better to have nothing in your stomach when you workout.

I use the smoothie bomb's protein powders on my yoghurts and icecream.

The night before i umpire games of footy.

NonPhixion

Bookie Assassin
Mar 27, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns, Tony Ferguson

Before bed ? There is no way I could sleep lol

aussiefooty

Carn the mighty roos!
Jun 7, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Socceroos Geelong
Before bed ? There is no way I could sleep lol
It's actually ok for me to do it.
If you had the whole bag you wouldn't be able to sleep. You'd be sitting on the loo all night. It does things the right way.

Pre-workout drink the night before bed?

And better to have nothing in your stomach when you workout?

Lol. I'd love to see either of those backed by any science.

aussiefooty

Carn the mighty roos!
Jun 7, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Socceroos Geelong
Pre-workout drink the night before bed?

And better to have nothing in your stomach when you workout?

Lol. I'd love to see either of those backed by any science.
Ever thrown up after having brekky when doing a workout?
have your protein shakes before bed.

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
Tried this stuff today and I was coming off nightshift so I was aware of the 300mg caffeine content after already having 200mg. Only took about 1/3 of the bottle and literally felt like throwing up. Anyone else experience this with pre workout.

Think it's only happened a couple times when I had to leave the gym coz I felt like yakking. I reckon it would have been the caffeine and I would have double scooped

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats

Lmao. Pre workout is not equal to carbo loading

This has to be one of the dumbest things I've ever heard

aussiefooty

Carn the mighty roos!
Jun 7, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Socceroos Geelong
Lmao. Pre workout is not equal to carbo loading

This has to be one of the dumbest things I've ever heard
Try umpiring a game of footy first thing satuday morning. It's the same thing as exercise.
Don't bother with pre workout drinks. Just have your choice of sports drinks. Eat after exercising.
Eat after umpiring.

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
Try umpiring a game of footy first thing satuday morning. It's the same thing as exercise.
Don't bother with pre workout drinks. Just have your choice of sports drinks. Eat after exercising.
Eat after umpiring.

Umpiring footy is twice as long as a typical workout sesh and a lot more aerobic than gym work

You're also probably hyper sensitive to stims. Try non stim pre workout

Ever thrown up after having brekky when doing a workout?
have your protein shakes before bed.
No. Just eat breakfast earlier in the morning, leave a gap between your workout.

You aren't throwing up because you ate breakfast, you're throwing up because you ate breakfast and then worked out right after which induced a natural reflex by your upper digestive system - whether it's because of GI distress or exercise-induced nausea.

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
I used to use them years ago, some of the supps included (e.g. beta-alanine) can be a shock to the system at the start too.
I still have a black coffee before morning workouts.
Beta Alanine first up was amazing. Once had an amazing workout on it and it gave me a brilliant and relentless level of energy. Second, third times were a big miss though.

Back