Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Mar 19, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
Can you guys do something about all the trolling about mental health? 4 times now ive been linked to mental health hot lines despite well not needing them as a joke by that poster

I can report it etc all well and good but clearly the message isnt being heard. Id say this type of posting needs a good ban for sure. Its worse then most things people can be posting id argue

Can you guys do something about all the trolling about mental health? 4 times now ive been linked to mental health hot lines despite well not needing them as a joke by that poster

I can report it etc all well and good but clearly the message isnt being heard. Id say this type of posting needs a good ban for sure. Its worse then most things people can be posting id argue
Talk to the local board mods. If you aren’t happy, PM an Admin.

Mar 19, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
Talk to the local board mods. If you aren’t happy, PM an Admin.

Its more of a across the board situation though so pming 4 different people about isnt a ideal solution (had this occur in 3 different boards)

Like you cant PM people every single week about it to make a point. Somethings just need to be community standard and its probably something that doesnt need to be pointed out

I mean this place has all these mental health boards and threads but then actively leave the mental health trolling around without any real repercussions for it when it occurs other then a post deletion and thats it

Makes no sense to me

Mar 19, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
Yeah but mods don’t read everything. Report it. Follow up if it’s not dealt with. Contact and admin if the result is not to your satisfaction.

Im just using here to contact as its a general standard as opposed to a individual problem. So a community guideline

So i do report it, post is deleted and thats it though is my qualm. Why wouldnt that poster be suspended? Like what is worse then making fun of mental health exactly on a message board besides the grossly illegal?

Punishment isnt matching the crime really.

Nah 4 different users is why Im bringing it up. Issue isnt a user in particular. Its kind of the community standard setting of it all. Tends to be the go to reaction when I get into a Covid argument in SRP or the like at present.
Well, 4 out of tens of thousands is a good record. If it was severe abuse from a person with a record of the same, suspensions come out. If it is posting a helpline number by a person with little to no track record, deletion and a caution is pretty much standard.

Mar 19, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
Well, 4 out of tens of thousands is a good record. If it was severe abuse from a person with a record of the same, suspensions come out. If it is posting a helpline number by a person with little to no track record, deletion and a caution is pretty much standard.

4 out of 10,000 is 4 too many for sure. Its a massive massive no no. Im a bit perplexed as to what is severe if making fun of mental heallth isnt? Its not on once and doesnt need a track history. Should be a blanket No and harsh punishment. Id expect it to be just one rung below racism which is a blanket permanent ban for sure. The rung below would be a good week off or two for example

In any sense, Its not really 4 of 10,000 as its a group collected into one thread thats frequented by alot less then that. Its more of a 4 out of 10 who congregate in a certain thread type issue.

Should be a blanket No and harsh punishment.
It is a blanket no - posts are deleted. Punishment depends on the situation. If someone is a repeat offender, bring it to the mods attention and the consequences will be adjusted.

Mar 19, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
It is a blanket no - posts are deleted. Punishment depends on the situation. If someone is a repeat offender, bring it to the mods attention and the consequences will be adjusted.

What situation though? No situation is acceptable to be making light of mental health issues. Brutal honesty here is If you dont think that then thats the problem. It cant ever be a situation issue. Its just never acceptable ever. By creating it as a situation conundrum its fishing for a justification. There is no justification

Mar 19, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
Context, history of the user.

The posts are deleted.

"Making light" could mean anything. Hence the consideration of context.

Context is a justification

Some times there is no care or need. No justification ever exists

To what extent does justification exist for say racism? It doesnt. Mental health attacking is in that same concept.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back