Toast Congratulations Smithers, 200 games for the AFC!

Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant
012EB3B6-995C-41EE-ACC6-62A0C1F536FE.jpeg

Eleven years on from being drafted, brings up the 200. We‘ll always love his superboot. He’s signed until 2024. This year, he’s

in the league, which is pretty sweet. All The Best Smithers!!!

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
We've got four in the top 20 for total turnovers lol.
You'd sooner see them play slow safe football like the shitshow that was Essendon?

Our best football has been when we've been prepared to run and gun and not play the insipid football like last week that Blighty picked up in the media today.

The19thMan

All Australian
Apr 15, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
I could see him getting to 300 if he stays fit. He's that rangy type that could do it, obviously he'd have to keep his speed. But he definitely has the footy smarts.

Aug 21, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yeah Smith goes for it. Imo he's gotten slowly worse with turnovers but I'd rather him with the ball going for dangerous kicks than bloody Kelly doing absolutely nothing before either kicking sideways or long down the line.

A well deserved 200 for Smithers.

Probably hasn't hit the heights we hoped he would, but has genuinely been a reliable half back throughout the journey.

I could see him getting to 300 if he stays fit. He's that rangy type that could do it, obviously he'd have to keep his speed. But he definitely has the footy smarts.

Nah, I can't. If he didn't do that ACL a few years back, then he might have, but I reckon he'll be done by the end of 2024.

Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant
Last edited:

maxlilly

Premiership Player
Aug 15, 2009
over here
AFL Club
Adelaide
View attachment 1177647

Eleven years on from being drafted, brings up the 200. We‘ll always love his superboot. He’s signed until 2024. This year, he’s

in the league, which is pretty sweet. All The Best Smithers!!!

Deaneus!

I'm loving the photo's on top of the threads, out of interest, who puts those up ?

Congrats Smithers, well done on your 200th

Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant
Deaneus!

I'm loving the photo's on top of the threads, out of interest, who puts those up ?

Congrats Smithers, well done on your 200th

I do, for I now have the power

Not sure if you have the option, look for a button “cover” at the top of the thread (you may need to be thread creator). I might be able to do it because I am a mod. It allows you to select a picture

BrissyCrow

Premium Platinum
Mar 20, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg & Most Other Tiger Teams
Congratulations Smithers. Some may say that you didnt reach expected heights but I think you showed on many occasions that you had the skills to exceed expectations and despite having lapses in consistency you have been one of our shining lights. I hope you can continue to lead the way for all of our younger players that are coming through. They need your help.

Oct 8, 2004
Woodside
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Eagles(SANFL)
Very good player from the get go. A huge loss to our premiership aspirations when he went down in the finals in 2017. Returned very well from injury. Wasn’t able to make it as a midfielder as hoped, but one of the best attacking half back flankers of the last decade. I’d love to see him and Milera have a full season together running and delivering from half back.

You'd sooner see them play slow safe football like the shitshow that was Essendon?

Our best football has been when we've been prepared to run and gun and not play the insipid football like last week that Blighty picked up in the media today.
Agree, with reward comes risk.

Would much prefer to watch us playing attacking football Smith-style with the odd turnover, than boring slow movement crap.

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Well done Smithers. You have been a pretty consistent performer for the most part. Don't think he will get to 300 but should get to at least 250

Back