MRP / Trib. Dan Howe

Remove this Banner Ad

Tom Morris (who??) reckons that Dan Howe wants to be traded to either Sydney or Richmond: AFL trade news, rumours, whispers: Brisbane Lions salary cap, Ollie Hanrahan Geelong, Callum Coleman-Jones Essendon, Mason Cox contract (foxsports.com.au) - you have to scroll through the live chat box to see.

Why would we want Howe? What kind of a role does he play? Is he a defender or a defensive mid? Howe has never registered on my radar but if we trade out George Hewett (who is an excellent, versatile mid with a strong defensive game) maybe Howe could be a cheap replacement to play reserves and be depth in case of injury? I figure I'm not underrating Howe if he's not first choice in your 22 currently. Fair?

Tom Morris (who??) reckons that Dan Howe wants to be traded to either Sydney or Richmond: AFL trade news, rumours, whispers: Brisbane Lions salary cap, Ollie Hanrahan Geelong, Callum Coleman-Jones Essendon, Mason Cox contract (foxsports.com.au) - you have to scroll through the live chat box to see.

Why would we want Howe? What kind of a role does he play? Is he a defender or a defensive mid? Howe has never registered on my radar but if we trade out George Hewett (who is an excellent, versatile mid with a strong defensive game) maybe Howe could be a cheap replacement to play reserves and be depth in case of injury? I figure I'm not underrating Howe if he's not first choice in your 22 currently. Fair?

He is best 22 now. Wasn't earlier in the year but he's had a very solid month and a bit.

He's pretty versatile, able to play as a defender, on the wing or on ball. He's up about 190cm and very strong. For a good team, he's a good depth player like that. He's notoriously good at following coach instructions. He's got a pretty good kick on him (distance and accuracy) but sometimes his decision making is a bit slow. He's not a quick player either.

He has played decent centre square tagging roles and can slot in as a third defender who can be trusted with the ball if he doesn't have to think too quickly. Will provide a good defensive effort and stand up in contests.

Could be he thinks his on the outer with Mitch? If he leaves seeking more would be quite funny

Finally got himself to a standard now leaves

Versatile plays defense wing and mid he’s a good kick big tall 190cm and tackles hard. Can play as a third tall defender or the linking winger. Can tag inside mid aswell as getting his own ball and only 25.

Could be he thinks his on the outer with Mitch? If he leaves seeking more would be quite funny

Recent press smells a lot like some players have been told to get their managers looking elsewhere. Quite a few leaks in quick succession.

Has had a solid year, is best 22. Would prefer he stays, but tradeable at the right price
Just the one 1st or would we be looking for something extra on top of that?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel like he should not be best 22, but is.
Big body, mature and experienced footballer we need, but with a full list available probably doesn't get a game.
He is one of those guys that every team needs really because of his versatility.

I cant imagine we would want to get rid of him considering our current position.

I feel like he should not be best 22, but is.
Big body, mature and experienced footballer we need, but with a full list available probably doesn't get a game.
He is one of those guys that every team needs really because of his versatility.

I cant imagine we would want to get rid of him considering our current position.
Don’t know the Club but I am reliably informed a rival club is prepared to offer a second round for Dan Howe. I can’t and won’t believe it !!!!!!!

Don’t know the Club but I am reliably informed a rival club is prepared to offer a second round for Dan Howe. I can’t and won’t believe it !!!!!!!

Well if that is the case Tops, you take it.
3, 2nd round picks this year would be fantastic!

A 2nd round pick could be as late as pick 40 with academy picks.
I wouldnt be accepting anything less than a pick in the early 20s, noting this will drift out to late 20s

We recently drafted Tyler Brockman in the 40's.
Worpel was 45.

You'd take those talents for Daniel Howe in a heartbeat.

A 2nd round pick could be as late as pick 40 with academy picks.
I wouldnt be accepting anything less than a pick in the early 20s, noting this will drift out to late 20s
Mate every single year a player goes in the rookie draft which is better than half the top ten picks, there's ways talent well past the first and second round.

Big fan of Howe, but for the right price... He does as instructed and probably one of our best players for the last 4-6 weeks.

Seriously, we going to have anyone left on the list capable of hurting anyone? The line in the sand is blowing away as hard nuts are thrown up as tradeable players. Next thing we'll lose Sicily or Moore...

hes had a really great 5 weeks since coming back into the side and would have no issue with him staying on our list for the next few years, but a 2nd rounder? fu**en hell you take that and run
Perhaps his recent good form is a result of him being told he's on the trade table.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back