Autopsy Autopsy in Every Sense of the Word - Freo Embarrassed by Geelong - Rnd 18

Remove this Banner Ad

Worst moment for me was early in the first when Fyfe told Cerra to get off Dangerfield so he could defend him, ball was kicked inside 50 and Fyfe sagged off the contest out the back, Danger went in third man and took an easy mark - shanked the kick but embarrassing from a captain
Yeh Fyfe had a shocker & a lot of what was ordinary had nothing to do with his injury. Just couldn’t pick up the tempo of the game & slow with his decision making & was poor defensively. He’ll know that & it will be interesting to see if any decision is made on the season for him over this break.

I know its selfish, but I am stoked this performance will confine us to mostly Sundays for the next 20 games. I hate us playing early in the round.
Me too
a. I like being tucked away on Sundays
b. It truly is relaxing watching footy on a Sunday afternoon
c. It’s a lot easier for me to get to Sunday games ( selfish also but true)

Hypothetical question, if we had a full list available, minimum injuries would Freo have won that game ? If not what does it say about next season?
Tbone and Hamling the only significant outs really
Can’t help but think they would have helped nullify some of the pain but we would have still got beat .
Young / Chapman and co are all semantics, they may have swapped out for a Tucker or a Banfield but they aren’t game changers .

Deep down I knew this was coming and last week was a false sense of security- but I enjoyed loving my team and thinking anything was possible last week.
Now its back to reality....

I’m most upset by The team/coach’s inability to address playing conditions.
From the choice of boots, to positioning at contests to game plan - we were so far off the mark it raises serious questions for me.

We’ve got a long way to go before we’re even near the Geelongs of this competition

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I'm not that upset which suggest deep down I expected us to lose comfortably. I was hopeful because I feel like we could turn the corner any time now, but clearly that hasn't happened.

Sydney will end our finals hopes next week so hopefully we send Fyfe (and any others needing it) off for surgery and give some young guys a taste.

After looking at the way we were rag dolled by Geelong, I was trying to qork out how many physically mature players Geelong had traded in. I can think of Stanley, Dangerfield, Dahlhouse, Smith and There were others but I just can't think of them. We had two (Acres & Aish).
Obviously Geelong are a destination club and we are not. But still we should be looking at getting some more physical mature players.
Thoughts anyone?

After looking at the way we were rag dolled by Geelong, I was trying to qork out how many physically mature players Geelong had traded in. I can think of Stanley, Dangerfield, Dahlhouse, Smith and There were others but I just can't think of them. We had two (Acres & Aish).
Obviously Geelong are a destination club and we are not. But still we should be looking at getting some more physical mature players.
Thoughts anyone?
Bullshit. Lob, colyer Wilson.

Reece conca who can't get a game.
Add fails of bennel, Hogan, McCarthy ,hill who are still playing age.

Just some positivity on last night's game:

Best 3 Round #SuperCoach combined score:

Sean Darcy - 531 (Rd 16-18, 2021)
Patrick Dangerfield - 526 (Rd 11-13, 2016)
Jack Macrae - 522 (Round 7-9, 2018)
Gary Ablett - 519 (Rd 4-7, 2010)
Todd Goldstein - 515 (Rd 14-16, 2015)

Deep down I knew this was coming and last week was a false sense of security- but I enjoyed loving my team and thinking anything was possible last week.
Now its back to reality....

I’m most upset by The team/coach’s inability to address playing conditions.
From the choice of boots, to positioning at contests to game plan - we were so far off the mark it raises serious questions for me.

We’ve got a long way to go before we’re even near the Geelongs of this competition

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I think last night was 80% on our players, they decided to wear nappies except for S.Darcy.

Hypothetical question, if we had a full list available, minimum injuries would Freo have won that game ? If not what does it say about next season?

Meh, non question, you have to consider the age profile / experience / conditions / relative motivations of the teams. Fast forward 18months to 2 years with the same cattle on a dry day at Optus then yeah we probably do win.

Thoughts anyone?
We just need to be patient. Our players will get old, can almost guarantee you that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If it were a dry evening,ground dry ,no rain,I think it would have been alot closer,we go to water when it's wet. We are like chalk and cheese,can't handle a wet ground. We would have been able to play at our high tempo,not slip over,would have been alot faster than geelong,but the wet ground brought us back where we couldn't handle it,the big bodied Geelong players adapted perfectly and just out bodied us and like Jlo said , they played like it was a dry weather game and we were the opposite. Not sure how we correct that with our young side other than doing a lot more training on wet days,because when all is said and done,football is a winter sport.

A little compliment for the Cats, I love how they execute that lateral "hook kick". In pressure, no step ball goes sideways usually into the corridor. Was great to see that executed so well last night. Not in a negative way but I hope our players study the tape from last night well cause there are some good learnings in there.

Second worst part is AFL house laughing at how sh*t we are and not putting to this for the next 10 years as to why we're never getting a prime time game again after setting us up to fail.

Worst part is that's what we put up for Millie's family.

That upsets me more than the loss itself. It was their big day and they get served up that crap.

Should give them another game. Or some sort of gift.

Last edited:
At least we know that will be our last Thursday or Friday game for a while

With our performances over the years in these timeslots that's probably a good thing.

We just didn't turn up. It happens to all clubs, but it needs to be addressed.

Just some positivity on last night's game:

Best 3 Round #SuperCoach combined score:

Sean Darcy - 531 (Rd 16-18, 2021)
Patrick Dangerfield - 526 (Rd 11-13, 2016)
Jack Macrae - 522 (Round 7-9, 2018)
Gary Ablett - 519 (Rd 4-7, 2010)
Todd Goldstein - 515 (Rd 14-16, 2015)

He fights so hard for us whether the team is up or down, with the talent to match. A rare Fremantle Dockers player.

If it were a dry evening,ground dry ,no rain,I think it would have been alot closer,we go to water when it's wet. We are like chalk and cheese,can't handle a wet ground. We would have been able to play at our high tempo,not slip over,would have been alot faster than geelong,but the wet ground brought us back where we couldn't handle it,the big bodied Geelong players adapted perfectly and just out bodied us and like Jlo said , they played like it was a dry weather game and we were the opposite. Not sure how we correct that with our young side other than doing a lot more training on wet days,because when all is said and done,football is a winter sport.
It’s ok
The Eagles supporters are rallying Nesbitt for a roof over Optus

A little compliment for the Cats, I love how they execute that lateral "hook kick". In pressure, no step ball goes sideways usually into the corridor. Was great to see that executed so well last night. Not in a negative way but I hope our players study the tape from last night well cause there are some good learnings in there.
I like how they know when to speed up and slow down
Said it before they are such a well rounded well coached team
I hope we learn something from them

Meh, non question, you have to consider the age profile / experience / conditions / relative motivations of the teams. Fast forward 18months to 2 years with the same cattle on a dry day at Optus then yeah we probably do win.

Like we've been doing for the last 20 odd years , she'll be right .Just wait until next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back