Resource 2022 NMFC Membership thread - Final Tally: 50,191

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm all for a decent freebie but the figures say the club pocketed ~$2M from members paying and not turning up - a little generosity if and when the tide turns wouldn't go astray.

Schimma members have forked out $1250 over the last two years to see three games.

$400 a game.

You do realize it’s not the clubs fault? The club would love nothing more than to play in front of us members.

It’s not a question of apportioning blame.

It’s a question of recognizing that members have been short changed (albeit through no fault of the club) and should be offered decent compensation.

It’s not a question of apportioning blame.

It’s a question of recognizing that members have been short changed (albeit through no fault of the club) and should be offered decent compensation.

This is an interesting question - does the club owe us?

my thoughts are that the club is repaying me in several ways already;
- Getting their s**t together
- stunningly making profits through this disaster period. ( this is critical to me)
- Investing in a leadership team of Brady, Blakey, Noble snd Adams
- a big focus on digital content and communication
- Creating a promising future
- working very hard to deal with Covid snd come out the other side

I feel that the professional effort during this period that games are able to be attended has exceeded my expectations and I do feel content financially supporting that effort.

Do I feel like the owe me - no

Would I love for example, a huge family BBQ day with an AFL vs VFL boys scratch match as a thank-you - sure, I’d love it!

What I don’t want is something that puts our profit at risk.

FWIW - I think the club is looking at ways to provide value back wherever they can

- Getting their sh*t together
- stunningly making profits through this disaster period. ( this is critical to me)

Don't get me wrong I agree with all of that. I personally don't want my money back and I also am happy for them to make profits during a time of immense uncertainty - as a member that has seen us at our absolute weakest off field I fully realise how this strengthens our position long term. What I do want to see is the club not forgetting this and shafting Victorian members again a la the extra Tassie game debacle 5 mins after they put their hands out a couple of years ago.

Can you get to the pub at the world trade Centre mate? He has scarves there, we picked ours up before the dogs game. Reasonably priced pub meals too, and the kids serves are generous 👍
I probably could. But I really don't want to have to drag the whole family along. I don't know why we couldn't just claim them in the schimma club =\

Don't get me wrong I agree with all of that. I personally don't want my money back and I also am happy for them to make profits during a time of immense uncertainty - as a member that has seen us at our absolute weakest off field I fully realise how this strengthens our position long term. What I do want to see is the club not forgetting this and shafting Victorian members again a la the extra Tassie game debacle 5 mins after they put their hands out a couple of years ago.

It’s a fact that 20+ year members are taken for granted and it’s all about attracting the new members with 11 games for the price of 3 deals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I only get emails from the club relating to one of my kids. So I am guessing the club doesn't send those types of email to child members. Emailed the account manager and just asked if we can try and sort it out as I've been having email issues with the club for years.

- Getting their sh*t together

I feel that the professional effort during this period that games are able to be attended has exceeded my expectations and I do feel content financially supporting that effort.

Do I feel like the owe me - no

Would I love for example, a huge family BBQ day with an AFL vs VFL boys scratch match as a thank-you - sure, I’d love it!

What I don’t want is something that puts our profit at risk.

FWIW - I think the club is looking at ways to provide value back wherever they can
The fact I'm excited to watch our games again is enough for me.
On a counter point Noble and Co are actually doing what they're being paid for so IDK if its such a big thing.
I'd totally consider downgrading my membership if I was paying something like $4k for a family etc like some on here and FB have said.

Schimma members outlaying over $1,250 in memberships and Archer members outlaying over $1,130 in memberships over the past 2 years, aren’t trying to put the club in an uncompromising position or risk the health and safety of the general public. In fact it is their support that is allowing the club to generate a profit.

How anyone can call anyone selfish, who has dished over their hard earned during a bloody pandemic for 2 consecutive years and has never sat in their reserved seat is beyond me.
General members and 3 game members don’t feel the same pinch financially.

All reserved seating members want from the club is to be able to go to the football and cheer the boys on.
Games being moved due to covid is completely understandable. Even moving a home game to Tasmania and not moving one back is understandable.

But provide an incentive. Something. It’s just disheartening.
Again, games being moved is completely out of the clubs control. This isn’t the point. There is only one bloody home game remaining. If we are lucky we can get to go but what we all need to realize is that it has never been more difficult to actually go and watch the team you love play. 5 games in Tasmania, 1 in Queensland - what is even the point of being a member?
Well I am, and many still are and will be in 2022 because we love the club. And we are allowed to voice our opinions.

Games being moved due to covid is completely understandable. Even moving a home game to Tasmania and not moving one back is understandable.

On this, I've not heard an explanation as to why our game was moved to GC and not the two other games in Melbourne? I know we couldn't go anyway, but NMFC played Monday night in Perth, then flying out to GC and back again for next weeks Carlton game. It should be at home with no fans. * played at home on Friday night, so get a 8 day break to top it off.

Agree!! No thought that you felt otherwise.

I do think its an important question though and the club does need to be working hard on, which I believe they are, to give back in whatever ways they can. Not because they owe us but it needs acknowledging or it could become a negative.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back