Preview Face-Off -Adelaide v West Coast (with interview)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

It did also happen with Schoenberg early on in the Essendon game. Pretty sure he spent a fair portion of the 1st quarter in the midfield in particular.
When one of Laird, Sloane or Keays is on the bench there's a free spot there

It's been a mixture of Seedsman, Schoenberg, (Fogarty earlier on) get those scraps during the year

It was later that Sloane actually moved out of the centre square

Yea, hard to defend this kind of talk. They're panicking a bit.

Are we rebuilding, tanking, or just have NFI?

I'd say that Jake getting the ball makes it harder for every player on the field

Any chain involving Kelly is slow, wide and allows numbers to flood back. C'mon forwards!

He's a disciplined, tough defender which has some value no doubt but his player type limits the team's output

Correct. For his height he lacks the diversity of others 3rd/4th tall defenders and doesn't impact the flow of ball movement from the back. That being said, he's been better this year than other years, but i'd still trade him in a heartbeat if a Dawson type became available.

I'd say that Jake getting the ball makes it harder for every player on the field

Any chain involving Kelly is slow, wide and allows numbers to flood back. C'mon forwards!

He's a disciplined, tough defender which has some value no doubt but his player type limits the team's output
Almost need a guy right next to him for the quick handball.

Which is essentially what we had in 2017.

Quick handball from defenders to Laird/Smithers etc.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Only attended 59% of CBA's last week. Basically saying we're going back to Sloane, Keays, Laird for 85% of the time unless we're moving one of Laird or Keays out to make up for it.

Makes sense. Our clearance work was definitely the issue (lost it 30-36) and not our ball use going inside 50 (inside 50s were 31-61). I also felt that when Schoenberg was in there he wasn't our best midfielder or anything, nah he was s**t, send him back forward

Only attended 59% of CBA's last week. Basically saying we're going back to Sloane, Keays, Laird for 85% of the time unless we're moving one of Laird or Keays out to make up for it.
Will be interesting to note how often WCE win an easy clearance with these three in the middle compared to with one of Schoenberg/Pedlar/Berry or anyone else in there.

I bet we win a higher percentage of centre breaks without that trio attending.

I have not noticed an easy takeaway from a centre break with Schoenberg attending. We either win or make it hard for them.

Worth paying attention to that this weekend.

Will be interesting to note how often WCE win an easy clearance with these three in the middle compared to with one of Schoenberg/Pedlar/Berry or anyone else in there.

I bet we win a higher percentage of centre breaks without that trio attending.

I have not noticed an easy takeaway from a centre break with Schoenberg attending. We either win or make it hard for them.

Worth paying attention to that this weekend.

Thing is, the club would 100% have the stats on those. They will know for sure.
Maybe our eyes deceive us because I 100% agree with you.

Sloane, Keays and Laird combined for 2 center clearances against Essendon. David Mackay had more center clearances than Keays. Also, Schoenberg had more total clearances than Sloane.

Crows coaching solution: more of Sloane, Keays and Laird thanks

The club lost a match this year off the back of having a rookie in the middle and if there is one thing this club does it is overcompensating to the maximum.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The club lost a match this year off the back of having a rookie in the middle and if there is one thing this club does it is overcompensates to the maximum.

As soon as O'Connor had that free kick awarded against him I'm sure we got on the phone to Reid mid-match to tell him to delist him

Didn't that happen in the pre-season?

It did, except I think Schoenberg was on the senior team and Hately was in the "red" side.

Didn't that happen in the pre-season?

Close, the trio of Berry, Pedlar and Hately held their own against Sloane, Keays and Laird in the midfield.

Switch Hately for Schoenberg, and they might end up beating our senior mids.

No seniors dropped after 3 terrible is incredibly frustrating. Gov might’ve got a reprieve from the Barrass injury, but probably wishful thinking on my part.

Have to wait and see who flys as Kelly and Yeo both rumoured to be under injury clouds.

As named I expect L Edwards, Nelson, O'Neil and Rotham to make the cut, but really that's just fiddling at the edges.

By my count there are 10 All-Australians + a Norm Smith medallist in that team. Just should not be losing to North with that level of talent.
For anyone who cares, I got 50% right. L Edwards, Rotham, Langdon, Petrucelle in the final 22.

Walker, Lynch, Himmelberg and Fogarty all selected to play

Will be some serious defensive pressure.

3kOb.gif

Back