Autopsy Autopsy in Every Sense of the Word - Freo Embarrassed by Geelong - Rnd 18

Remove this Banner Ad

It seems like we are totally :poo: in the wet . You cannot play football much worse than we did last night .We had 21 passengers Beaten in every department bar the Ruck . I bought Sean into my fantasy team this week was happy with the move at 3/4 time. Then even that turned to:poo:

Liam Henry needs to get defence in to his game.
He puts marginal pressure on the opposition when they have the ball.
Obvs he needs a bigger body, which will come, but at the moment he is being gifted games.
I'd like Western to come in for Liam

Liam Henry needs to get defence in to his game.
He puts marginal pressure on the opposition when they have the ball.
Obvs he needs a bigger body, which will come, but at the moment he is being gifted games.
I'd like Western to come in for Liam

Bit weird to complain about one player being gifted games, so we should instead gift another player games instead.

22 goals in our last 4 games vs Geelong. 14 of those in the 2019 win...
Crazy stat isnt it?

I still remember all 4 games.

2018: 3 goals all game. Kicked the 1st 3 goals vs geelong in geelong. Then the cats kick the next 20-25 goals.

2019: Kick 14.11.95 to beat the cats. Still remember Ed Langdon kicking a goal from the 50 metre arc.

2020: Kick 2.4.16 in the wet Cats kicked 6.12.48. the 2nd goal was kick just before the game ended.

2021: Kicked 3.13.31 last night.

I'm nowhere near as disappointed in this result as I was with the Carlton loss. We win against Carlton and this loss doesn't effect the season nearly as much. I doubt many would've pencilled this game in for a win at the start of the season. The effort and skill on display from all bar one in this game was horrendous though. That's my issue with this game far more than the result.

It is natural we are upset about a loss like this.I feel like we just need to cool emotions slowly. About the idea of bringing big bodies I remember 2016 to 18 time in this board there were a lot of talk that we were having too many big bodied players and it was not suiting modern footy which changed after rule changes around that period and cannot spread or move ball slickly. Wet games happen to a team only 2 to 3 times a season.If we bring more big bodied players based on this game we may have some other problem. If we bring big bodies with fast leg it will affect salary cap or if they come in cheap they will be C graders. Even geelong's mature body strategy won't work all the time . Many times they were caught up recently in finals including grand final against mosquito fleet Richmond and one of Brisbane or Port ( I forgot who) who are comparatively lighter than geelong.we just need to wait for our young players to get stronger.
Geelong board were not confident about this game in the morning and most of them thought we will win..So I made a comment in geelong board in morning that geelong will flog us if it is wet or by 30 if dry. I knew that's where we are at.

And I saw someone in geelong board sharing an inside information from a reliable source in the morning that Lobb is limping and may not play. How he knew it? And if it is true why Lobb was allowed to play?

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm nowhere near as disappointed in this result as I was with the Carlton loss. We win against Carlton and this loss doesn't effect the season nearly as much. I doubt many would've pencilled this game in for a win at the start of the season. The effort and skill on display from all bar one in this game was horrendous though. That's my issue with this game far more than the result.
I would say the effort and skill led to the result :think:

I think it’s pointless going into the weeds and dissecting every player.

The whole team was as flat as a pancake. How often do you see so many guys just get run down. Not making any excuses as Geelong showed why they are where they are on the ladder, but Tas to a Thursday game with the travel and disruption that goes along with that was more than telling for me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

+'ve:
Sean Darcy
My seats are undercover and I didn't get wet
Butter Chicken I ate for dinner was pretty good.

-'ve:
Pretty much everything else.

For only the second time in 20+ years of watching the Dockers live, I left before the end of the game. The only other time I left early, was to go to a family wedding...

Last edited:
Crazy stat isnt it?

I still remember all 4 games.

2018: 3 goals all game. Kicked the 1st 3 goals vs geelong in geelong. Then the cats kick the next 20-25 goals.

2019: Kick 14.11.95 to beat the cats. Still remember Ed Langdon kicking a goal from the 50 metre arc.

2020: Kick 2.4.16 in the wet Cats kicked 6.12.48. the 2nd goal was kick just before the game ended.

2021: Kicked 3.13.31 last night.
And we used to match up pretty well on Geelongs 3-time premiership team before that.

Then why watch or follow at all?
OK, I don't know you from a bar of soap malpaso but I do know salim malik and your suggestion is really disrespectful to a long-term loyal Freo supporter. I think what some people don't get is that we all support in different ways, and we all have different levels of tolerance for the crap that was dished up last night.

Fremantle will definitely win a flag(s) at some point, but more and more I feel that might not be in my lifetime, and I know lots of others who are getting the same feeling. Each year we go in thinking this is the one we will finally show we are on the march and each year we get a harsh reality check.

So when you are criticising people for their passion, maybe have a think about the person behind the keyboard and what Fremantle means to THEM, not just to you.

Credit to them executing an effective game plan in the wet but it was so frustrating watching them chip it around and switch, then chip it around and just methodically get themselves up the ground into a functioning forward line.

We just seemed powerless to stop it, was kind of like Hawthorn when they weren't sh*t.

Geelong being able to chip the ball around as you described was so frustrating. Our players were busy guarding grass and seemingly not paying any attention to the opposition.

The net result was Geelong would have 6 to 12 uncontested marks and kicks in a row while all we did was look on. Nothing changed all game and that is poor coaching and even worse play imo.

That was one of our more disappointing losses for a long time considering the build up. It's difficult to see any chance of finals for a long time if that's all we can produce.

Embarrassed and embarrassing.

OK, I don't know you from a bar of soap malpaso but I do know salim malik and your suggestion is really disrespectful to a long-term loyal Freo supporter. I think what some people don't get is that we all support in different ways, and we all have different levels of tolerance for the crap that was dished up last night.

Fremantle will definitely win a flag(s) at some point, but more and more I feel that might not be in my lifetime, and I know lots of others who are getting the same feeling. Each year we go in thinking this is the one we will finally show we are on the march and each year we get a harsh reality check.

So when you are criticising people for their passion, maybe have a think about the person behind the keyboard and what Fremantle means to THEM, not just to you.
I wasn't criticising anyone at all. I simply asked a question based on something he said.

I just think Western deserves another chance.
Like for like, Liam has been ok, but he needs more time in the gym
Western replaces Switter or Schulz. Both cannot kick a goal consistently. We miss that medium forward type- Sturt and Fredrick. So small down forward. Schulz having to play as a leading forward is awful coaching.

It seems like we are totally :poo: in the wet . You cannot play football much worse than we did last night .We had 21 passengers Beaten in every department bar the Ruck . I bought Sean into my fantasy team this week was happy with the move at 3/4 time. Then even that turned to:poo:
I had him looped as VC and it was literally the only exciting thing about this game. I said during Q2 this has all the hallmarks of a drubbing with some long term injuries thrown in.

Western replaces Switter or Schulz. Both cannot kick a goal consistently. We miss that medium forward type- Sturt and Fredrick. So small down forward. Schulz having to play as a leading forward is awful coaching.

Reckon you will find Schultz is one of our most accurate kicks at goal.

Geelong being able to chip the ball around as you described was so frustrating. Our players were busy guarding grass and seemingly not paying any attention to the opposition.

Liam was a prime offender of this. Probably coached for it .... I reckon he has been pigeonholed as an 'excitement machine' ... what a freaking millstone to have around your neck.

I think it’s pointless going into the weeds and dissecting every player.

The whole team was as flat as a pancake. How often do you see so many guys just get run down. Not making any excuses as Geelong showed why they are where they are on the ladder, but Tas to a Thursday game with the travel and disruption that goes along with that was more than telling for me.

I saw Dave Mundy explaining this to ... Cats players after the game of all things!

I wasn't criticising anyone at all. I simply asked a question based on something he said.

You were having a shot , admit it .Well now I,m criticising you. Get of the fence, that performance last night was unacceptable from the CEO, coaches, players down to the bootstudder.
I noticed you didn't have the same she'll be right attitude after a loss in the bad Lyon years.
Longmuir was out coached last night, it's not the end of the world, it will happen again. Get used to it,

Remove this Banner Ad

Back