Preview Changes - Rd 18 vs West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again we prove that we have no plan at all and have lost the plot.

Playing Mackay over Sholl is indefensible.

Lynch, Walker, Fog and Himmelberg in the F50 is 100% a panic reaction to last weeks awful score. Of course we had 5 kicks inside 50 in the entire first half. Not sure you can blame the forwards for not dominating...

Now this is a little more like it on a cold winter's eve :grimacing:

tiemposbuenos-tumblr-com-ngrcz-2o1-e-gif.433622

Yeah, 14 pressure acts and ZERO tackles. What was he doing, throwing mud at them when they went past?

I think you might need to take a break from these forums, mate, you and a few others. Hating the club THIS much can't be good for your health.
It's the patented Neil Craig zoning off. It worked for about 18 months when Neil Craig coached. Now the players just use the extra time to hit a target. It does my head in that Mackay still does it. He thinks he is doing the right thing, but it has no impact at all. He literally slows down, waves his arms and lets them get a clear kick away.

Yeah, 14 pressure acts and ZERO tackles. What was he doing, throwing mud at them when they went past?

I think you might need to take a break from these forums, mate, you and a few others. Hating the club THIS much can't be good for your health.

Have you seen a Dmac "pressure act" before? His infamous arms flying out while falling over as his opponent out runs him counts as one.

Its a ridicluous decision especially after Sholl was pretty good the week prior vs. Carlton. At a minimum, he offered more than DMac that week so he should've been given a chance to respond.

You must live in bizarro world if you truly believe that.

These AFC experts have never led the club astray before...

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah, the same bizarro world as the guys that run selection committee and would have FAR more visibility on team structure, stats and output.

You can stay in conspiracy theory tin-foil hat land if you want and deride the club at every opportunity, but you won't see it from me.

Like i said there's some things i agree with, and others i don't. The D-Mac hate on these threads is borderline obsessive from some people, and they need to take a hard look at themselves.

So that's your takeaway is it?

You said Sholl had no impact. Ooops! Turns out he had more impact than Mackay in some areas. But according to you, nah it's only the tackle count that matters.

When I pointed this out, you said I should leave the forum. Great level of analysis from you

Have you seen a Dmac "pressure act" before? His infamous arms flying out while falling over as his opponent out runs him counts as one.

Its a ridicluous decision especially after Sholl was pretty good the week prior vs. Carlton. At a minimum, he offered more than DMac that week so he should've been given a chance to respond.

Nope, he didn't offer more. Once AGAIN, that's backed up by stats and visuals. Go back and have a look at the games.

So that's your takeaway is it?

You said Sholl had no impact. Ooops! Turns out he had more impact than Mackay in some areas. But according to you, nah it's only the tackle count that matters.

When I pointed this out, you said I should leave the forum. Great level of analysis from you

Sweet Jesus, i said the most important take for us going out of that game was Defensive pressure, then i quoted Sholls non-existent tackles. Sholl himself has said several times, publicly, that it's an area of the game he needs to improve on. He's also a wingman, and metres gained + I50's is literally THE stats you want to see elevated when playing this role. And he failed dismally.

Take your head out of your ass and get some objectivity. Sholl was crap and deserved to be dropped.

Nope, he didn't offer more. Once AGAIN, that's backed up by stats and visuals. Go back and have a look at the games.
Scholl will always offer more than Dmac.

He is a developing player and part of the future. Dmac is not. Playing Dmac does not help us improve or play finals sooner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sweet Jesus, i said the most important take for us going out of that game was Defensive pressure, then i quoted Sholls non-existent tackles. Sholl himself has said several times, publicly, that it's an area of the game he needs to improve on. He's also a wingman, and metres gained + I50's is literally THE stats you want to see elevated when playing this role. And he failed dismally.

Take your head out of your ass and get some objectivity. Sholl was crap and deserved to be dropped.
I gave you objectivity by highlighting stats which you then promptly ignored in favor of your predetermined outcome and then said I should leave the forum and take my head out my ass.

Great contribution.

Having 214 meters gained and 1 inside 50 even by your metrics is a terrible game from a wingman. Throw in 0 score involvements and yeah, Mackay had no impact whatsoever.

Outside of tackles. Thats all that matters I guess.

So of the two wingmen who had basically no impact we drop the 21 year old and keep the 32 year old. In a rebuild. Yeah makes sense

I can only assume we're going in taller to try and take advantage of the fact that Barrass is out, but i think Witherden replaces him?

We're still going into games FAR too tall and WAYYYYY too slow. Teams will just continue to walk it out from the back.

Like..... Frampton out Himmelberg in is basically us HOPING something different happens. Definition of insanity.

Sholl was certainly VERY poor again last week for the role he was playing on the wing and Pedlar will get his chance again but looked off the pace. But others could certainly been given a rest or omitted.

Who is the replacement for Doedee, McPherson? We seem to be going in very small against a tall Eagles attack.

Why? The biggest thing the club spoke about after the game was defensive pressure. McKay 3 tackles, Sholl ZERO. McKay also better on metres gained, and considering Sholl is on the wing this made it even more glaring in terms of his performance. Sholl has been told time and time again he must have a defensive aspect to his game, and he's not bringing it. Gets shrugged off with poor tackling technique and gives up on the chase far too often.

You can keep harping on about Mooookaay not getting a game, whilst having absolutely nothing to back it up with other than 'Boomer energy and emotion', but the sad fact is that he's having an impact on games where others are not.

It's a delicate structure balancing experience and emerging youth, some seem to think we should have a team of newbies, only to get trounced and they'll be back the next week baying for Nicks' blood.
How about you simply stop responding to my comments.. your inane drivel is just boring.. youre like an obsessed stalker.

It is hilarious that you can somehow claim I cant provide evidence that mookay is providing very little impact especially in relation to the guys he shares the same on field role.. i provided the evidence just a week ago and any look at the game stats each and every week shows just how little mookay is providing compared with sholl, smith and seed who are the guys that basically play the same half back/wing role as mookay. Open your *in eyes and go look at them.

And yet you cannot provide any substantial evidence at all that proves your constant claim that Mookay is providing anything of substance and deserves to hold his spot... so, go on, provide it if you have it.

and im in my 40’s so I’m certainly not a boomer..

28 touches vs Carlton is inferior to David Mackays 14? Really?

Sholl is performing statistically better than Mackay this year. That's a fact. The difference is we set a lower bar for Mackay so that when Sholl gets Dmac like numbers we view him as out of form..Mackay is a wingman who only averages 14 touches and 200 metres gained a game. That is below average for a player of his experience.

28 touches vs Carlton is inferior to David Mackays 14? Really?

Sholl is performing statistically better than Mackay this year. That's a fact. The difference is we set a lower bar for Mackay so that when Sholl gets Dmac like numbers we view him as out of form..Mackay is a wingman who only averages 14 touches and 200 metres gained a game. That is below average for a player of his experience.

14 touches and 200 meters gained is below average for a wingman of any experience.

Lachie Sholl is already averaging 325 meters gained this year and 3.7 score involvements (+1 on Mackay)

stats against lions.. that I put up after the lions game the other week.

seedsman 21D, 13K, 8H, 2T, 5 cont poss, 71%DE, 12 pres. acts - 595m gained 2 goals
sholl 28D, 14K, 14H, 0T, 13 cont poss, 57%DE, 14 pres. acts - 465m gained.
smith 22D, 13K, 9H, 5T, 6 cont poss, 82%DE, 16 pres. acts - 549m gained.
mackay 14D, 10K, 4H, 5T, 8 cont poss, 79%DE, 17 pres. acts - 224m gained 1 goal.

one look at most weeks will show you that its like this most weeks.. mookay has half the possessions and gains barely half as many metres nearly every week. and his so called “pressure acts” are normally shithouse attempts at tackles that easily get broken.

are you sure you understand how to read stats?..

Slipped under the radar this one with Scholl & Pedlar dropped. I'm yet to see Rowe consistently kick goals or hit targets and his diving shits me.

Who would we replace him with? Another tall? We just have no other options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back