RowellAnderson12

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Max Verstappen, Pacers, DR3
Pies goalless at their home ground against Geelong

Lions put on 40-0 to the giants in the first quarter.

Our last two opponents Brisbane and Geelong way on top.

Maybe we aren't that bad?

Then you remember we lost to the saints who lost by 110 last week.......

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Dream Team Club Board Winner
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Pies goalless at their home ground against Geelong

Lions put on 40-0 to the giants in the first quarter.

Our last two opponents Brisbane and Geelong way on top.

Maybe we aren't that bad?

Then you remember we lost to the saints who lost by 110 last week.......
Collingwood lost by less than 2 goals in the end.

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Sydney probably opened the top 8 door even more tonight with their loss to Hawthorn. The next month for the 6th placed Swans looks like this: Bye, Port Adelaide (away), West Coast (home) and Bulldogs (away). One could easily argue the Swans may go winless over the next month which obviously opens the door for teams like us if we can take advantage of 50/50 games like tomorrow against Fremantle. The Swans are currently four wins ahead of us on the ladder.

Win tomorrow and we're just 2 wins behind 7th/8th as well as 3 wins behind 6th with a game in hand on all those teams. 7th placed West Coast and 8th placed Richmond also happen to be playing each other on Sunday before they both have a bye next week so one of those teams is guaranteed to accumulate 0 points over the next 2 weeks. Then West Coast have to play the Bulldogs which is a likely loss for the Eagles and Richmond play St Kilda which could go either way depending on which Saints show up. Then we host Richmond at Metricon the following week...

tl;dr - A win over Fremantle tomorrow puts us in a position to genuinely compete for a finals spot in the second half of the season.

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
Sydney probably opened the top 8 door even more tonight with their loss to Hawthorn. The next month for the 6th placed Swans looks like this: Bye, Port Adelaide (away), West Coast (home) and Bulldogs (away). One could easily argue the Swans may go winless over the next month which obviously opens the door for teams like us if we can take advantage of 50/50 games like tomorrow against Fremantle. The Swans are currently four wins ahead of us on the ladder.

Win tomorrow and we're just 2 wins behind 7th/8th as well as 3 wins behind 6th with a game in hand on all those teams. 7th placed West Coast and 8th placed Richmond also happen to be playing each other on Sunday before they both have a bye next week so one of those teams is guaranteed to accumulate 0 points over the next 2 weeks. Then West Coast have to play the Bulldogs which is a likely loss for the Eagles and Richmond play St Kilda which could go either way depending on which Saints show up. Then we host Richmond at Metricon the following week...

tl;dr - A win over Fremantle tomorrow puts us in a position to genuinely compete for a finals spot in the second half of the season.
Believe folk believe!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Big call but I can’t see north Melbourne winning a game this year
I’ve got West Coast imploding this year.

And I really don’t rate Adelaide’s list. Especially their youth. I believe they ballsed up both the 2018 and 2019 drafts.

I believe Adelaide will finish bottom.

I actually rate Norths youth. I believe they’ve drafted well since 2016, excluding their 2019 crop. They just lack in the KPP department.

Hawks are in full tank mode, Mitchell tried to sell Mitchell Wingard Omeara to the market but no bits (first round picks). They will try get some players
That might be, but they still have a pretty deep midfield, and a decent defence, it’s their forward line that is lacking.

For me, I have questions about Collingwood. Are they as bad as last year, or will we see a mini rebound, and they finish outside the bottom 6.

Without desiring to draw to much fire from here, I believe Gold Coast lack enough quality mature players to climb out of the bottom 6. For me, you have Ellis, Miller, Weller and Collins. I would have added Witts, if he hadn’t have done his acl. Unfortunately I believe you’re 3 quality mature players short. Lots of quality youth, deepest in the league, but youth can’t replace experience.

However, I still have Adelaide, North and West Coast finishing below you, with Hawthorn and Collingwood there abouts. And maybe St Kilda dropping down.

RowellAnderson12

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Max Verstappen, Pacers, DR3
So how close were we with Kaine Baldwin?

Round 1 Debut for the bombers

The Kings Ransom

Premiership Player
Aug 30, 2021
AFL Club
Gold Coast
So how close were we with Kaine Baldwin?

Round 1 Debut for the bombers
Yeah..been thinking about this one for a few months and wishing we actually just signed him. Think we were getting a bit cute having him as a train-on player - should have just signed him. Would have much gathered him on our list for a year than another half back flanker in Nicholls.

Similar style to Ben King, leading and marking, just not as athletic.

Disambiguous

Water Boy
Jan 12, 2016
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I’ve got West Coast imploding this year.

And I really don’t rate Adelaide’s list. Especially their youth. I believe they ballsed up both the 2018 and 2019 drafts.

I believe Adelaide will finish bottom.

I actually rate Norths youth. I believe they’ve drafted well since 2016, excluding their 2019 crop. They just lack in the KPP department.

That might be, but they still have a pretty deep midfield, and a decent defence, it’s their forward line that is lacking.

For me, I have questions about Collingwood. Are they as bad as last year, or will we see a mini rebound, and they finish outside the bottom 6.

Without desiring to draw to much fire from here, I believe Gold Coast lack enough quality mature players to climb out of the bottom 6. For me, you have Ellis, Miller, Weller and Collins. I would have added Witts, if he hadn’t have done his acl. Unfortunately I believe you’re 3 quality mature players short. Lots of quality youth, deepest in the league, but youth can’t replace experience.

However, I still have Adelaide, North and West Coast finishing below you, with Hawthorn and Collingwood there abouts. And maybe St Kilda dropping down.

Suns Experienced Players:
Collins, Ellis, Miller, Witts, Swallow, Weller, Casbault , Thompson

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Really happy with the boys workrate and how they approached it today
Some really good signs
If you look at some of the stats you can see we had more broken fingernails and toe pokes but still lost
'That's footy and we'll have a look at it on Monday and then get ready for next week

I should stop
I'm already depressed and the season hasn't even started

Remove this Banner Ad

Back