Game Day Round 18, 2021: St.Kilda v Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Win

Just win

I'm quietly confident.

Ryder, Roma, Steele, Crouch, Dunstan, Jones tearing it up.

Our defence looks good.

King has a bit of swag about him

Dmac and Long bringing the heat.

I'm pumped.

Hope we smash 'em.

Yep agree, this should be a win. It's a pretty light weight Port that's coming over. It will be a pretty poor effort if they drop this after they seem to have rediscovered their mojo.

Oct 2, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
I just want to see the same pressure and intensity from last week for the full 4 quarters. Thats how we will give ourselves the best chance to win.

With us getting straight on a plane to Perth after the game, one of the biggest challenges will be making sure the players are still mentally present for this game and not already thinking about next week.

We need to win the midfield battle - hoping Dunstan to limit Wines' output and Steele to beat Boak head to head. Up forward, we need to take our opportunities when we get them - thats what killed us against them last time. And down back, it will be interesting how we match up with them having such a tall forward line. Hopefully we can hurt them at ground level and move the ball out of their quickly to expose their lack of smalls.

No reason we can't win the game today and keep ourselves slightly ahead of the pack.
Saints by 18.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda
Yep agree, this should be a win. It's a pretty light weight Port that's coming over. It will be a pretty poor effort if they drop this after they seem to have rediscovered their mojo.
Our injury list isn't too far off there's.

Port will be top 4 side if they win.

Seems like a genuine 50-50 game to me.

El HOSS

Team Captain
May 6, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
Our injury list isn't too far off there's.

Port will be top 4 side if they win.

Seems like a genuine 50-50 game to me.

Agreed. The media narrative that they are 'banged up' is comical. The love digging the boots into us when we lose. They rarely use our injury list as a mitigating factor for our struggles. Hope we smash them around the footy.

TheEnsign

Club Legend
Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Jun 24, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
Still can't get over how tall they went given the roof is/was meant to be open.

I think it'll either work really well and they smash us or we carve them non stop on the rebound and beat them by 3-4 goals. Can't see a close one.

Wilkie plays taller than his listed height, and if Paddy drops back to defend a lot then I'm pretty hopeful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back