Toby 'The Barometer' Nankveris - Is he our next captain?

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 2, 2008
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Brothers of Destruction
Never heard this name mentioned.

Its always
- Nick Vlastuin
- Jack Graham
- Dylan Grimes
- Jack Riewoldt
- Dion Prestia

Someone had mentioned Jack Ross a few years ago lol.

But Toby, only 26, killed a few Lions last night and we are so much better with him in the team its not funny. He protects our pretty boys, they fight with more grunt when he's got their back.

Theyre like the little hyenas picking at the opposition knowing the Lions shadow protects them.

We've always wondered who our next captain will be, did it become clearer last night?

Played against the Lions last night n picked up right where he left off. Ya wouldn’t know he was off injured for weeks if ya didn’t know.

Edit:Chol played with more confidence without the pressure of number 1 ruckman on his back.An apprentice to the Nank Tank except Nank fades to backline n Mabs goes forward.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On field leader, would give pretty short and sharp interviews.

View attachment 1179343
Yeah, like Dusty, the question mark on him being captain wouldn't be the on field or behind the scenes stuff, but their aversion to doing all the media stuff.

Sent from my CPH1951 using Tapatalk

Never heard this name mentioned.

Its always
- Nick Vlastuin
- Jack Graham
- Dylan Grimes
- Jack Riewoldt
- Dion Prestia

Someone had mentioned Jack Ross a few years ago lol.

But Toby, only 26, killed a few Lions last night and we are so much better with him in the team its not funny. He protects our pretty boys, they fight with more grunt when he's got their back.

Theyre like the little hyenas picking at the opposition knowing the Lions shadow protects them.

We've always wondered who our next captain will be, did it become clearer last night?
Toby is a beast.
But my vote is for Grimes, even for 2 seasons

If Toby was named on ball for the team sheets instead of ruck he would be in the conversations for brownlow votes every week
He’s that good for our midfield

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Toby was named on ball for the team sheets instead of ruck he would be in the conversations for brownlow votes every week
He’s that good for our midfield
18 contested possessions last night says it all!
Such a gun!

18 contested possessions last night says it all!
Such a gun!
Yup, 18 contested, 7 clearances, 4 tackles and 6 score involvements
Absolutely insane numbers

Plays too rough imho
I think he toes the line perfectly, gives away a few free kicks but I wouldn’t say he’s dirty
He’s just a tough old school player, would make his team mates walk a little taller knowing he has their back

In local footy if you had someone giving you grief during the game you would run past him a few times knowing he would take care of the pest

I think he toes the line perfectly, gives away a few free kicks but I wouldn’t say he’s dirty
He’s just a tough old school player, would make his team mates walk a little taller knowing he has their back

In local footy if you had someone giving you grief during the game you would run past him a few times knowing he would take care of the pest

I was just joking the umps are ****ed.

Nank is amazing would be a worthy skipper.

I was on team vlastuin but he gets so banged up maybe better to let him focus on getting fit instead of new cotchin responsibilities.

Ivan maric as a coach is underrated too

One of few players that has a clear physical presence and where oppos genuinely excrement themselves when nearby.

We need to find more guys like this with chimp slowing down and having a generally small team of runners

Soldo returning should help.

Parker looks hard at it.

Lynch. Pickett. Nank doing a lot of the grunt work

Remove this Banner Ad

Back