Autopsy Roast & Toast R18 vs Brisbane & Changes for R19 vs Geelong

Best 5 vs Brisbane?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I agree, somewhat - but, if we are fining blokes for tackles that COULD have been dangerous (ultimately no one got injured from any of these tackles, so none were actually dangerous - only "potentially") - yet we allow players to get very serious injuries from collisions where the player instigating the contact never made a serious attempt at getting the ball themselves...... then where do draw the line of "protecting the players" ? I fail to see how the actual intent of our "not dangerous, but could have been dangerous" tackles vs the intent of body contact collision which Robinson made, where he made no real attempt to win possession of the ball.... i just don't get how the AFL are prioritising player safety in now classifying normal, strong tackles "dangerous" vs endorsing and allowing "big hard bumps" like Robbo or Mackay as its essential to maintaining "the fabric of the game".

Its all so so broken.

I, personally, would much rather see strong hard tackles be endorsed in our game, over hard body on body collisions where players run at unrealistic speeds at another player in a ridiculous "attempt" to win possesion of the ball. Robbo's contact was much like that of Mackay a few weeks ago. The speed and force to which he ran at Dusty to "play the ball" was completely unrealistic to him ever actually "winning the ball". The force and contact made by Robbo was never to "win possession". It was always about playing the opponent, which is how most of us got taught how to play the game.

How a "hard tackle" has somehow became more of a player safety issue than people using their bodies to be human cannonballs is beyond me. Personally, I would prefer both be retained in the game - but how the AFL chose one over the other is beyond comprehension in my eyes...
I agree that there's still some small inconsistencies, but I think you've missed the point. The AFL are NOT outlawing "hard tackles". It's looking to eradicate dangerous tackling actions. Tackle as hard as you like, as long as you don't drive the head into the ground, or sling the player around at force where they're slammed into the turf.

Were the fines a little harsh? Possibly. But both free kicks were there IMO.

Sent from my CPH1951 using Tapatalk

30 points up and acting like a campaigner. Suck a dick a-hole
Funny we didn't see him doing that s**t last night when the game was on the line.

What a campaigner. * Brisbane.

Love Mansell, he is our next Baker and having 2 of them is good. He will still make mistakes at this stage, but attacks the ball hard and has speed. Lock him in for 22 games next year.

good to see him bounce back. Hope this sets the standard for him going forward

Funny we didn't see him doing that sh*t last night when the game was on the line.

What a campaigner. fu** Brisbane.

mouthy campaigners given they’ve done * all. I guess that’s expected when Zorko is your skipper and you have w***ers like Mathieson in your side

Funny we didn't see him doing that sh*t last night when the game was on the line.

What a campaigner. fu** Brisbane.

When you tell your mate you would rather see Melbourne win a flag before Brisbane, you know they have some flogs in it.
Can you imagine Mathieson up on the dias flogging it up?
Makes me sick.

I agree that there's still some small inconsistencies, but I think you've missed the point. The AFL are NOT outlawing "hard tackles". It's looking to eradicate dangerous tackling actions. Tackle as hard as you like, as long as you don't drive the head into the ground, or sling the player around at force where they're slammed into the turf.

Were the fines a little harsh? Possibly. But both free kicks were there IMO.

Sent from my CPH1951 using Tapatalk
How does one adjudicate a dangerous tackle. As so many players when get tackled the first thing on their mind is to drop forward to make it look like it's in the back hence the tackler still holding on doesn't have a chance to let go. Bolton's tackle was dangerous as he swung the dude in the motion the others well blah.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mouthy campaigners given they’ve done fu** all. I guess that’s expected when Zorko is your skipper and you have w***ers like Mathieson in your side
Funny they weren't as mouthy with a bit of pressure on them the other night.

They make the godeees look humble.

When you tell your mate you would rather see Melbourne win a flag before Brisbane, you know they have some flogs in it.
Can you imagine Mathieson up on the dias flogging it up?
Makes me sick.
Melbourne winning a premiership would make Garry Lyon even more supercilious than he currently is!

Caddy covers both midfield and deep forward just like Dusty.
Ross decent big body in the mid but totally unproven deep forward
Gimme cads 2018 form and he nails that role, sadly at senior level he hasnt looked like it , still I reckon he should be given first dibs , wouldn’t mind Martyn given another shot either

You make a good point. Bulldogs?😂😂
Running out of teams. Do not want Port or Cats winning it.
Bulldogs or Dees for me. * the rest of them. Especially the Scats. The best thing would be for them to miss top four and get knocked out first round or better still make the granny and get pumped again, have all of their stars retire, whilst getting done for salary cap rorting and bottom out for all eternity. They and their fanbois are the biggest bunch of self entitled wankas on the face of the planet not to mention all of the AFL assistance they have received along the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back