Past #1: Jack Mahony - drafted w #34 in '17 ND - delisted end '23 - 40 NM games/17 NM goals - thx Mahns

Remove this Banner Ad

Jack ranks Top 5 at the club in:

- Ground ball gets
- Tackles
- Tackles i50
- Pressure acts
Great stats.
I may have said before in this thread, but ground ball gets, tackles in the F50 and first possession from a contest in our f50 are vital to current form and were severely lacking when we were down early this year.
I particularly noticed at the ground when we played Pies & Dons.They waltzed it out of our backline to score after our shallow f50 entries. This meant our defence wasn’t set up and we conceded shots way too easy.
The role Jack plays is critical. It allows us to get shots on goal from a contest (so many shots come from his quick hands from ball ups or marking contests) or at least get a ball up and allow our defence to set up and stop the opposition from running it out easily.
Integral to how the team sets up.

Time to “rest” him then

You should take your own advice and have a rest on this thread. We understand you don't like or rate him, but you don't have to constantly make your point here.

In case it has escaped you, no-one here picks the side or has input into who should be in the side. Why don't you write to the coach/selectors and make your views known? They are the people entrusted with that responsibility, not those who frequent this board. You might be surprised at the response.

I think I am not alone in saying that most of us are absolutely fed up with your constant sniping at Jack. You are behaving like a spoilt brat, who hasn't got his way. By all means rant away to yourself, but please, spare the rest of us your petulance.

Could we make a separate thread for the people that dislike *Mahony? Maybe rename this one the *Mahony appreciation zone?
I'm sure most of us just want to celebrate and record his progress but instead its just constant arguments trying to justify his very existence, it makes for some very challenging reading while looking for the good stuff that decent posters contribute.
*fixed spelling

Last edited:
Could we make a separate thread for the people that dislike mahoney? Maybe rename this one the Mahoney appreciation zone?
I'm sure most of us just want to celebrate and record his progress but instead its just constant arguments trying to justify his very existence, it makes for some very challenging reading while looking for the good stuff that decent posters contribute.
Helps when you spell his name right, just saying...

You should take your own advice and have a rest on this thread. We understand you don't like or rate him, but you don't have to constantly make your point here.

In case it has escaped you, no-one here picks the side or has input into who should be in the side. Why don't you write to the coach/selectors and make your views known? They are the people entrusted with that responsibility, not those who frequent this board. You might be surprised at the response.

I think I am not alone in saying that most of us are absolutely fed up with your constant sniping at Jack. You are behaving like a spoilt brat, who hasn't got his way. By all means rant away to yourself, but please, spare the rest of us your petulance.

Well said, Horace.

I happen to have a little bit of a second-hand inside word on Jack and the feedback is that the coaching group is really happy with what he is putting out there and the progress he is making.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could we make a separate thread for the people that dislike *Mahony? Maybe rename this one the *Mahony appreciation zone?
*fixed spelling

I wouldn't even mind if we could be mildly critical where it's warranted. The problem is we can't do that without agreeing with a moron who decided months ago that this guy can't make it and will manipulate any evidence that appears in front of him to support that conclusion. I feel like I've had to overcompensate in supporting this guy (not that I don't really believe the things I've been saying about him) because of the unfair, bad faith criticism

I dunno how many people noticed but when Barass nailed .... well tried to nail him on the boundary not only was Jack up and in his face within a split second, before Barass got up, Barass actually came out of the contest in worse shape than Jack.

I dunno how many people noticed but when Barass nailed .... well tried to nail him on the boundary not only was Jack up and in his face within a split second, before Barass got up, Barass actually came out of the contest in worse shape than Jack.
Barrass looks like a tough brick s**t house but he is really a ballooned armed bitch haha

Remove this Banner Ad

Back