Past #1: Jack Mahony - drafted w #34 in '17 ND - delisted end '23 - 40 NM games/17 NM goals - thx Mahns

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 17, 2007
melb home of the kangas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
hellas,liverpool,storm,au
Was it Jack that went flying out through the air at back of the square that led to an easy goal

Edit that was atley that cut off the attack.

Anyway Jack is going well - like that he’s got some uncontested footy in the first half.

Last edited:
It's crazy the ability to find a negative in Mahoney going back and slotting the goal.

1626589913676.png

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I love what Jack's done this year but I wouldn't push him through this. It's the perfect opportunity for Ford to come in.
Agreed he’s shown his value

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
Yep, Jack has had a good year and deserves the chance to heal properly, a player that goes in hard like that doesn't need to play carefully or with fear of exacerbating the injury.

Time for Eddie to get a run, or even Atu to see a full game.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
I don't get where any perception of him being a one trick pressure act pony comes from. His ball use is at least good and usually done very quickly and to advantage.

The only consistent knock I can understand is the comments about pace. His testing results might say otherwise but in games he doesn't have that first few explosive steps to break away from or close down an opponent.

He's still a promising young player who is more than doing his bit but the pace is the only frequent criticism of him that holds any water imo.

Themanbun

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I don't get where any perception of him being a one trick pressure act pony comes from. His ball use is at least good and usually done very quickly and to advantage.

The only consistent knock I can understand is the comments about pace. His testing results might say otherwise but in games he doesn't have that first few explosive steps to break away from or close down an opponent.

He's still a promising young player who is more than doing his bit but the pace is the only frequent criticism of him that holds any water imo.

I thought he was buzzing around pretty quickly against Essendon tbh.

Themanbun

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Interesting. A few people have commented they think he looks quick. I just don't see it in his game.

There was one play where he chased and pressured 3-5 different blokes, from our forward pocket all the way to our half back flank. I don't know whether it was just because he was running with intent while others were half arseing it, but he looked pretty quick and I thought a play or two like that per game and it explains the GPS tracker numbers.

hundini

Club Legend
Dec 19, 2002
Switzerland
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Interesting. A few people have commented they think he looks quick. I just don't see it in his game.
I wonder if it is because his role is asked to defend first, rather thsn all out attack. So he often runs to corral and run to front and centre positional spaces.

If allowed to be unaccountable, a player has more freedom to run and dash and turn on the afterburners. Yet those players won't have the ability to repeatedly cover the distances Jack does.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back