Past #27: Will Walker - delisted end '21 - 6 NM games/4 NM goals - go well Walks

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure about 6-7 but if he was actually fully recovered from his injuries I would bloody love to see what he can still become capable of. Just so hard to see it happening though.
Unless he gets 20+ and 4 at VFL level across a few weeks, I just don't see it happening.

Thus this is the problem. Realistically if we are serious move them both on.
I just get the feeling Brady & Noble won’t have the same patience…. Plus I already see such a higher ceiling & Better prospects out of just our latest influx of kids out of the 2020 draft alone to cover WW , Tyson & Garner .
Delist them all .

Will hasn't had much chance to prove himself. The glimpses that we've seen suggest there's a fair possibility that he's a better footballer than blokes like Tyson, Atley, Turner and Dumont, so shouldn't they be moved on before he is?

Will and Taylor have had their time both talented, but just are not capable of playing regularly in the AFL due to injuries. Neither of them or Dom Tyson , Tom Campbell will be picked by any other clubs either I suspect if they are let go. I would offer Campbell captaincy of the reserves and a mentor role .

I think you just have to manage your risk factor, both for each individual players and then your list as a whole.

Most clubs carry one or two players with long term, often repeat, injuries. The only long term injured player we have right now is Perez with his knee. We have a fair few blokes that have repeat (or at least numerous) shorter term injuries over the last 2 years though. Bonar, Polec, Jed, Dom, Will, Kyron, Garner just off the top of my head. I don't think we can carry that many perennially injured players.

At least with Will his latest injuries this year have been one offs with bugger all repeat or longevity affecting factors. Hurt his thumb and then a badly corked calf.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The assertion that the couple of good qtrs of footy makes Walker a more attractive prospect than those 4 players is just silly. If he goes on to have half the career those 4 have he has done pretty well. Tyson is done now, Atley probably squeezed out by Bonar. Dumont may exercise FA and Turner is playing good footy. All of which still shown more than Will.

And none of them play similar roles to Will, so any suggestion its one over the other is moot.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yes you are. You had turner in there, literally just given baths to two of the best small forwards in the comp the past two weeks.

LOL, the Peewee Herman approach "I know you are, but what am I?" How juvenile.

Here's why you're clueless:

1. You said "all of it", so asserted all 4 named players are better that Walker. As if.
2. Turner is a limited, but completely admirable, footballer. I think there is no question that Will is more talented, though.

LOL, the Peewee Herman approach "I know you are, but what am I?" How juvenile.

Here's why you're clueless:

1. You said "all of it", so asserted all 4 named players are better that Walker. As if.
2. Turner is a limited, but completely admirable, footballer. I think there is no question that Will is more talented, though.

As it stands mate yes they all are. Walker has played 5 minutes mate. Any suggestion he is better is absolute guesswork and nothing more. Because there is ZERO body of work to make any informed call he is better. So yeah, he isnt better than any of those 4. Hence, you are clueless. And the evidence is plainly obvious. Off you trot

Remove this Banner Ad

Back