East Fremantle Sharks Supporters Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought he would get a run especially as Colts had a bye.

Considering EF top 3 tall forwards are all out injured, surprised the next best key forward at the club didn't get a run. I'd be giving exciting young mid Josh Browne a run as well......both he and Williams will be gone in November, why not play them.....for a club that prides itself in development, surprised the likes of Carroll, Jackson, Rivers, Warner and Walker didn't get league games before getting drafted....it's not as though EF were banging down the league finals door when they were at the club....real lack of imagination TBH.

You are not wrong there andana, think EP would of taken the spoils.....I see Harry Taylor's name has popped up on EF playing list....was there initially preseason, but came off when chose to go back to Northampton....is he coming back to help EF KP injury crisis for a few games?....kicking up a storm playing in the GNFL....

You are not wrong there andana, think EP would of taken the spoils.....I see Harry Taylor's name has popped up on EF playing list....was there initially preseason, but came off when chose to go back to Northampton....is he coming back to help EF KP injury crisis for a few games?....kicking up a storm playing in the GNFL....

East Fremantle would like to announce the signing of Harry Taylor to play for the club for the 2021 season.

Taylor, himself, is keen to return to where it all started and help in anyway possible.

“I’m really looking forward to getting out on the field with the boys. I’m keen to help East Fremantle in their push to become a consistently competitive club in the WAFL.”

Taylor has worked closely with captain Matthew Jupp as well as doing some work with the clubs key position players across this season.

“Though I’ve been working in an off field role, the ability to pass on some of my learnings over my 13 years in the AFL in a more on-field capacity really excites me. I’m a competitive person and can’t wait to get back out there and play my part. There’s a lot of talent in the key position stocks at East Fremantle but unfortunately there’s been a few injuries. Hopefully I can fill a gap until the cavalry arrives.”

A handy mid season pick up before the June 30 deadline, well done EF.
Hopefully getting a player of Harry Taylor's calibre will bring in some more fans to WAFL footy for the rest of this season, unless McGowan has us in lockdown!

Good to see HT back....4 goals as the lone man up front shows the fella is still all class......young 17 year old Warner more then held his own from all accounts.....surely Warner's promotion will open the selection doors for more youngsters in like Browne, Woewodin, Williams and McMillan? Why not I say, nothing to lose, no way EF with their current outs in Marsh, Dixon, O'Reilly, Chalmers, Murdock and Schoenfeld and playing current core of players are going to trouble the likes of WP, Cl, SF etc over the coming weeks......

Change it up, do something different......why keep plumping for gap filling forwards in Jansen, Teakle or Bailey, why not let the likes of 194+ cm KP in Williams and McMillan learn from HT.....atleast the latter two know how to kick goals and will better for the invested development.

Surely the likes of Browne, Hagan and Woewodin bring as much to the table as Warner? If the coaches game plan is centred around high possession football, then give Browne a crack at least.....his weekly numbers are 30+......Hagan played good footy v mature bodies in the GNFL over the last 2 weeks, yeah only 17, and no doubt going to fudge up skill/decision making wise.....but aren't the current 23 + years lot already doing that, week in week out through the midfield?

Yep frustrating indeed, but geez hasn't helped not seeing more out of Chalmers, Schoenfeld, Murdock, Dixon and O'Reilly....especially the first three, all gone after 5/6 games.....losing Marsh at a crucial stage mid season didn't help....quite simply the club hasn't got the depth to continually cover these losses....geez how many other clubs have all 3 1st 22 tall KPD out at present?....it is what it is....the reserves depth is very thin.....wafer like TBH...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep frustrating indeed, but geez hasn't helped not seeing more out of Chalmers, Schoenfeld, Murdock, Dixon and O'Reilly....especially the first three, all gone after 5/6 games.....losing Marsh at a crucial stage mid season didn't help....quite simply the club hasn't got the depth to continually cover these losses....geez how many other clubs have all 3 1st 22 tall KPD out at present?....it is what it is....the reserves depth is very thin.....wafer like TBH...
How did Gorringe go? Thought he was unlucky last year to not get picked up but also hasn’t really set the world alight this year. But I see his stats are pretty good from yesterday’s game. And Warner? I watched the Bulldogs game- Motlop’s debut was quite impressive.

Another week, another WA Rising Star nomination.

East Fremantle and Aquinas College product Jeremy Sharp has become the sixth West Aussie nominated for the award after his breakout performance for Gold Coast on Saturday.

In just his sixth AFL appearance, the 19-year-old racked up a career-best 30 disposals to go with 510 metres gained, 10 marks, nine score involvements and seven rebound 50s in a narrow loss to the Western Bulldogs at home.

But he won’t be coming back to WA anytime soon, signing a two-year contract extension a few months back to keep him at the Suns until at least the end of 2023.

How did Gorringe go? Thought he was unlucky last year to not get picked up but also hasn’t really set the world alight this year. But I see his stats are pretty good from yesterday’s game. And Warner? I watched the Bulldogs game- Motlop’s debut was quite impressive.

Gorringe hasn't looked out of his depth in the league games he has played so far for EF. More games will only see him get better, considering the disposal efficiency of some of EF current mids, be great to see Gorringe moved in their for periods. Something needs to change in EF midfield, not making the most of Strnadica's good form so far in 2021.

How's Billy picking his son again after another two shocking games in a row. Look, I know our ressies small forwards aren't great (Welhan, Ah Chee) or are too inexperienced (Paholski). But reward Holmes for his efforts in the mids in the twos, or give Aiken-Featherstone or Wallis a go. Tommy Monaghan is not a league footballer, and the more games his dad gifts him is a terrible look for both of them and the club.

How's Billy picking his son again after another two shocking games in a row. Look, I know our ressies small forwards aren't great (Welhan, Ah Chee) or are too inexperienced (Paholski). But reward Holmes for his efforts in the mids in the twos, or give Aiken-Featherstone or Wallis a go. Tommy Monaghan is not a league footballer, and the more games his dad gifts him is a terrible look for both of them and the club.

Totally agree with what your saying, but atleast Jnr kicked 2 more goals then what Kommer did v WP....not sure what Kommer brings to the table TBH.....as a small forward he doesn't kick that many goals....

Gee could of used a few of those 17 goals HT kicked yesterday for Northampton.....good to see Kommer kick a few as well....just need a few others to step up in EF remaining games....

Yes Mullewa have struggled this year, but how many players have kicked double figure tallies against them? Just shows that Taylor is too good for that level, despite his veteran status....kicked 4 v Freo's aligned WAFL side in his only WAFL appearance this year....still got it has the champ....imagine what Josh Kennedy is going to do in the GNFL next year when/ if he retires from WCE.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back