Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve got this scenario in my head.
we finish last but crows are 17th
They are desperate for Horne.
Crows offer us pick 2 and another top 10 for pick 1
i don’t know where they get the other pick from of course
North have always been innovative

I would back us to make the right call. I like the idea of 2 instead of 1 top 10 picks.
E0B6803D-EDE5-4AB8-9A6C-79973FC61766.gif

So 2 pieces of info.

1. Adelaide will offer 2021 and 2022 1sts for the 1st pick with something in return. This comes from a corporate sponsor in SA. They want a pin up boy and Horne is it.

2. I am a massive fan of Ats although has had a poor year, but heard he is in 2 clubs radars (no idea who) although one is a finals team. Source a little less trustworthy (mate of ex player) but thought I would throw it out there.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Where is your ‘info’ from?

So 2 pieces of info.

1. Adelaide will offer 2021 and 2022 1sts for the 1st pick with something in return. This comes from a corporate sponsor in SA. They want a pin up boy and Horne is it.

2. I am a massive fan of Ats although has had a poor year, but heard he is in 2 clubs radars (no idea who) although one is a finals team. Source a little less trustworthy (mate of ex player) but thought I would throw it out there.

They will be paying massive overs to get a hold of Horne if we finish last.

I doubt we give up one for this years and next years first unless they finish second last and we like the look of someone else.

So 2 pieces of info.

Firstly on Ats, I would be surprised if he is best 22 next year with a fit Bonar and Horne playing. I cant see a spot for him in the back half. So if another team wants him, I wouldn’t lose much sleep over it.

As for Adelaide desperate for Horne. It aint happenin. Its as simple as that. He may be an adelaide boy but rumour has it he doesnt follow an Adelaide team. He also doesnt come across in some interviews as someone arrogant to say “im staying in SA”. So Adelaide are s**t out if luck and he’ll know Tommy, these two will dominate for a decade

I've seen just a bit of Horne footage on Youtube. What I have seen is:

- Kicking skills/skills by hand
- Aggression & determination in the contest
- Strong contested player
- Stays in the game with repeat attempts
- Good vision

For the people who actually know how he plays:

1. How does he compare to other highly rated mids of previous drafts?
2. In what way is he a clear standout number 1 player?

So 2 pieces of info.

We'd be pretty tempted by that imo.

Horne is amazing, but the prospect of a Callaghan/Goater and 1 x top 5 pick in 2022 + our 2022 first rounder will be enticing.

Would give us a lot of flexibility at the draft and trade table to fill in gaps in the list build.

As we've seen in the last month, Horne is going to be a luxury for this midfield, not necessarily a necessity for it to be successful.

Remembering both Cunnington and Powell are coming back into it and Phillips will be 100% better next year after an AFL pre-season.

If we get Kelly as well...... You could argue the club may seriously look at that. Remembering they tried to trade down last year also, so it's something that they aren't against in principle.

So 2 pieces of info.

Good goss.

That 'something in return' could be a 2022 third rounder - mid 40's pick..

It all gets down to Horne v the next best players. That can only be judged after we see the top 5-6 play against each other in back to back games.

Essential though that we finish last - it is going to be a very valuable spot to be in if this rebuild is to work.

So 2 pieces of info.

Are these two clubs in the AFL?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Firstly on Ats, I would be surprised if he is best 22 next year with a fit Bonar and Horne playing. I cant see a spot for him in the back half. So if another team wants him, I wouldn’t lose much sleep over it.

As for Adelaide desperate for Horne. It aint happenin. Its as simple as that. He may be an adelaide boy but rumour has it he doesnt follow an Adelaide team. He also doesnt come across in some interviews as someone arrogant to say “im staying in SA”. So Adelaide are sh*t out if luck and he’ll know Tommy, these two will dominate for a decade
Yeah i think bonar is the guy that will push Ats out. Wouldnt have an issue with him going around again, would be handy depth given his durability. But if he goes then good luck to him.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The talk of horne going back home after being picked by a vic/other than sa club are moot at best.
If you cant create a culture in 2-3 years where a kid wants to stay then you deserve to lose him; north to my knowledge hasn't lost anyone yet even though we have kids from all over the country playing in the side.
I think we'll be ok.

Just like lukosius and Rankine have gone home right?

draft the best player possible wherever they are from.

judd netted Kennedy back the other way and in the process a key piece of their flag.

tim Kelly netted the cats a bunch of first round picks which you could say has turned into Jeremy Cameron and another tilt at the top.

draft Horne, let him grow with our young gun midfield and tell the crows and port to ******* bring it at the trade table if they want him home

So 2 pieces of info.

* ‘em.

they love home grown talent so much and put their hopes on Fogarty. I’d love nothing more than for us to tell them to get ****ed and take Horne. He’s a gem and would make our midfield near unstoppable.

Don’t forget that when he becomes a jet it will cost them those two picks and a player the other way back. This is a team rebuilding at the same time, we have the opportunity to cripple them right here right now.

So 2 pieces of info.

As posted previously in this thread am open minded about the club(s) not ranking Horne as the 'out on his own' generational talent that supporters are. Again remember how Hollands and then McDonald were getting spoken about this time last year and neither went in the top 3.

But crows would need to juice that deal right up. I floated them getting Gold Coast's pick #3 out of them to bundle with #7 and that's the kind of deal we'd need to make the trade more equitable.

We'd be giving them direct access to their hometown hero. That should have a bigger price than what could amount to consecutive pick #7s.

As posted previously in this thread am open minded about the club(s) not ranking Horne as the 'out on his own' generational talent that supporters are. Again remember how Hollands and then McDonald were getting spoken about this time last year and neither went in the top 3.

But crows would need to juice that deal right up. I floated them getting Gold Coast's pick #3 out of them to bundle with #7 and that's the kind of deal we'd need to make the trade more equitable.

We'd be giving them direct access to their hometown hero. That should have a bigger price than what could amount to consecutive pick #7s.
You'd have to think seriously about it.

Crows look to be in free fall this year so pick 2 or 3 would be on the cards. They've got to be a sneaky spoon chance which would make all this moot.

Next year, geez, given their reliance on an aging Tex and Sloane, they could be right in shitter's ditch.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Souup giantroo
Do you guys know what type of disposal numbers Horne was getting at underage level prior to being promoted to SANFL seniors?

Hey mate, check out the post below I made a few weeks ago.

He averaged 26 touches (15 contested), 8 marks, 5 tackles, 6.5 clearances and 1.3 goals a game (157 supercoach point ave) playing SANFL18's last year for the first 6 games of the year before they moved him into the SANFL Seniors side.

To put the stats in context, he averaged the above stats as a 16 year old playing under 18's football. He turned 17 while playing SANFL Seniors in June last year.

Kid has no issues finding the footy. Even over the last 5 guys in the SANFL seniors this year he's averaged 17.2 disposals (88.4 supercoach points) a game playing a mid/forward split.

I know people take the piss out of supercoach scoring so I want to clarify that I think there's good merit to the system they use to calculate them as it endeavours to take into account effectiveness of possession and executing when it matters most. It's a great measure to evaluate the impact a player has on a game. 157 point average is ridiculous as an underager over the first 6 games and 88.4 against men is also very impressive. He's not even 18 yet.

I've seen just a bit of Horne footage on Youtube. What I have seen is:

- Kicking skills/skills by hand
- Aggression & determination in the contest
- Strong contested player
- Stays in the game with repeat attempts
- Good vision

For the people who actually know how he plays:

1. How does he compare to other highly rated mids of previous drafts?
2. In what way is he a clear standout number 1 player?

1. It's hard to gauge but I personally think he's on par at the same age as guys like Walsh and Rowell. The reason it's difficult to tell is Walsh and Rowell both played full seasons against guys their own age in the NAB League. They also had the champs which there are question marks over at this stage for Horne (and there were non last year for him to play in as an underager). Horne has been playing senior SANFL footy for the last year but when he was playing against kids his own age he was dominant to say the least.

2. He's the most well-rounded prospect I can remember in a long time - it's very difficult to find a weakness in his game and his 2 biggest strengths in my view - intensity and defensive pressure, are incredible. Excellent in the air, applies ridiculous defensive pressure, very good disposal and decision making, composure, kicks goals. Plays with so much energy and intensity.

I've said it over and over again, just think Dangerfield.

1. It's hard to gauge but I personally think he's on par at the same age as guys like Walsh and Rowell. The reason it's difficult to tell is Walsh and Rowell both played full seasons against guys their own age in the NAB League. They also had the champs which there are question marks over at this stage for Horne (and there were non last year for him to play in as an underager). Horne has been playing senior SANFL footy for the last year but when he was playing against kids his own age he was dominant to say the least.

2. He's the most well-rounded prospect I can remember in a long time - it's very difficult to find a weakness in his game and his 2 biggest strengths in my view - intensity and defensive pressure, are incredible. Excellent in the air, applies ridiculous defensive pressure, very good disposal and decision making, composure, kicks goals. Plays with so much energy and intensity.

I've said it over and over again, just think Dangerfield.
Would you entertain making a deal with Adelaide for pick 1?

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

So 2 pieces of info.

Thanks for sharing mate. Trade mail is my heroin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back