Preview Round 19, 2021 | North Melbourne vs Carlton @ Marvel Stadium | Saturday, 24 July @ 1:45pm

Remove this Banner Ad

He’ll hopefully get a game or two in the last few rounds but as much as I’d love to see him debut, his long term health is the priority.
It won’t happen but after a couple of tough weeks , some players might be feeling the pinch a bit. ….
Would love to see Some fresh legs in Cunners, Jed , Ed & Polec come in this week 👍
Josh Walker to the forward line .

I’d almost give Tarrant a breather.
Just seems off more than usual since he’s come back.
I reckon with he, McKay and Walker back there the balance is out of whack.
Also McDonald looks lost on the wing.
Turner has taken his taken his tagging role and Ziebell has taken his half back role.

Turner has taken his taken his tagging role and Ziebell has taken his half back role.
I was going to write this last week and deleted re Atley going forward.

But just a thought…put Atley on a half forward flank with Mahoney now out and put LMac down back

Use the remaining games to see what we can do with Atley before we plonk Bonar down there next year

It’s round 19 and we are bottom of the ladder, anyone with the slightest niggle should be rested

We need as many as possible to hit day 1 of pre season in great shape.
Yep - start the end of season surgeries sooner.

Taz is almost done.

We've been stiffened up with his return, no question, but he's not what he was 2-3 years ago.

He was never an amazing intercept mark, but now he's getting beaten pretty regularly defensively.

Taz is almost done.

We've been stiffened up with his return, no question, but he's not what he was 2-3 years ago.

He was never an amazing intercept mark, but now he's getting beaten pretty regularly defensively.
He is a champion. My favorite.
But what’s he been through this year I would have been happy if he took more time off. Sadly we weren’t exactly missing him when he was out as we learnt to make it work with Mckay and Walker. I have noticed he’s not staying with his man like he used to or his spoils aren’t as effective as they once were.

He is a champion. My favorite.
But what’s he been through this year I would have been happy if he took more time off. Sadly we weren’t exactly missing him when he was out as we learnt to make it work with Mckay and Walker. I have noticed he’s not staying with his man like he used to or his spoils aren’t as effective as they once were.

Pretty extreme year he's had. Things can turn quick at the later end of career's but I wouldn't be writing him off yet has had a massively interrupted year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty extreme year he's had. Things can turn quick at the later end of career's but I wouldn't be writing him off yet has had a massively interrupted year.
I think he could play a Scott Thompson role going forward

I know it’s wishful thinking. However, if Sydney could roll out Logan McDonald in R1, why can’t we wheel out Comben against Carlton?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
He looks the goods, and we finally got to see what he is capable of, but, theres no way he could be played this week, he is a kid coming back. Barring injury he will play next year and another pre season of getting some more power into those legs will only benefit him.

Carlton looked good in the last quarter and if they bring that to our game then we will struggle. Walsh is flying at the moment and is now kicking goals , he's an absolute star.

The end of the year is nigh and some of our blokes are struggling while the Blues have a sniff at finals. I reckon there maybe at least 4 changes this week.

Out: Mahony (inj), Zurhaar (inj), Tarrant (GS), Atley
In: Cunners, Ford, Atu, Bonar

I would like Xerri to stay in for the rest of the year as I think he's on the verge of a decent game. I actually didn't think he was as bad as some are saying. Competed well.

My team for next week:

B: Turner McKay Zeibell
HB: Bonar Walker Hall
C: Dumont Cunners Sleevo
HF: Ford Larkey Thomas
F: Taylor Xerri Scott

R: Goldy LDU Simpkin

IC: Lazzaro, LMac, Phillips, Atu
Sub: Young

Remove this Banner Ad

Back