Australians in county cricket

Remove this Banner Ad

Lynchy04

Cancelled
Apr 20, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Travis Head is really not that flash is he. No way he gets a gig in the test side. Rather Harris at 6 worst case.

toml

Club Legend
Nov 4, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Incredible innings from Marnus over night to nearly almost single handedly win the 1st T20 blast match for Glamorgan, 93no off 56, shame none of his team mates turned up. 34 off 19 for Josh Inglis before been bowled playing a silly reverse sweep.

BGman

Club Legend
Jun 20, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Dragons, Blues, Tassie Tigers
Test discard Marcus Harris is tearing up the county scene. Three tons and counting. Yes Marnus back to some semblance of form in the red ball stuff too. He has had a golden two year run so a drop in form is expected.

toml

Club Legend
Nov 4, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Back to back T20 50's for Marn. This bloke just feeds off critisicm and doubt directed at his ability, I can't T20? Here is a 90 and a 60 odd in my worst format. The boy is a star

Voice of the G

Premiership Player
Jan 18, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Test discard Marcus Harris is tearing up the county scene. Three tons and counting. Yes Marnus back to some semblance of form in the red ball stuff too. He has had a golden two year run so a drop in form is expected.

Why did Harris play a 2nd 11 game on 28 June.Playing 1,s current game.

toml

Club Legend
Nov 4, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Can not answer that. I do tho expect if Harris stays true to past form his big scores will drop off soon. Still CA likes English County runs and he already has plenty of those.

Now I am wondering why Marnus is not playing in Glamorgan's return County match.

Missed the last 3 matches of the blast because he was a close contact of Nick Selman who got covid, Neser also was a close contact. Must not have got out of isolation in time to play the 1sts match as he played the 2nd XI match that started last night. He took 3 wickets and then finished the day on 113no.

Last edited:

toml

Club Legend
Nov 4, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Marnus bowled for 276. Can't take anything from a 2nds match though, he beat up a bunch of teenagers. Hopefully can keep that going when he is back in the 1st XI next round.

BGman

Club Legend
Jun 20, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Dragons, Blues, Tassie Tigers
Had a notion there was a thread for this Corbies. Lost in Domesticity dont you think. (A place to discuss Australian Domestic Cricket )

A record score even against a bunch of kids is still a good sign that the world's third rated batsman is back in form and once again run hungry. His play against pace can not be faulted but I'd like to see him use his feet more to the spinners rather than sweep almost all deliveries. That may work on flat decks with some grass but sweeping on Indian dust bowls is risky.

Last edited:

toml

Club Legend
Nov 4, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Back to the red ball stuff

Marnus 77
Inglis 49, 52
Harris 31, 46
Head 12, 49no
Bancroft 0, 22
Handscomb Covid-19

Neser with 4 wickets for the match

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blue Arrow

Club Legend
Feb 22, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
The Renegades, Vics
Lots of runs in the blast for the Aussies overnight

Inglis 118* (61)
Labuschagne 78 (47)
Short 69 (30)

We have three keepers in our T20I team and somehow Inglis isn't one of them :rolleyes:

toml

Club Legend
Nov 4, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Tim David with 140 off 70 for Surrey in the One Day Cup overnight. Dont think many people would have had Tim David becoming a bit of name in the last year on their bingo cards a few years back...

corbies

Jul 31, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
S'roos, New Jets, Cronulla
Tim David with 140 off 70 for Surrey in the One Day Cup overnight. Dont think many people would have had Tim David becoming a bit of name in the last year on their bingo cards a few years back...
Bit of respect for the man with the 3rd highest T20I strike rate of all time ;)

toml

Club Legend
Nov 4, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Any one know what has happened to Marcus Harris,has not played for a few weeks,perhaps back in Australia.
All the Australian's came back a month or so ago. Our domestic matches were scheduled to be starting this weekend prior to the conid outbreaks, who knows what is happening with those matches now though

Back