Tokyo Olympics

Remove this Banner Ad

whatever the under over is on australian gold medals, always go the under!

Especially in the swimming - our swimmers are the godolphin 3yos of Olympic athletes - milk drinkers the lot of them

TAB line for Aussie gold is 13.5 - seems a lot without knowing anything about it

Especially in the swimming - our swimmers are the godolphin 3yos of Olympic athletes - milk drinkers the lot of them

TAB line for Aussie gold is 13.5 - seems a lot without knowing anything about it
Every Olympics the swimming team is predicted to win x amount of medals and i reckon they always win 3 to 5 less, Get the feeling this is going to happen again too. Last 2 Olympics we have won 8. I bet we win around that many too. Unders all the way.

Also noticed the US is very short in the basketball. Might be worth a lay on betfair given the rest of the world is catching up and the US best players arent playing.

Every Olympics the swimming team is predicted to win x amount of medals and i reckon they always win 3 to 5 less, Get the feeling this is going to happen again too. Last 2 Olympics we have won 8. I bet we win around that many too. Unders all the way.

Also noticed the US is very short in the basketball. Might be worth a lay on betfair given the rest of the world is catching up and the US best players arent playing.
US ain’t losing with that squad - just no chance.
Adebayo, KD, Lillard, Booker, Tatum is a mad starting 5.

US ain’t losing with that squad - just no chance.
Adebayo, KD, Lillard, Booker, Tatum is a mad starting 5.
Currently the pools are small on Betfair but the lay is too short, but if it gets to $1.20 or shorter i will definately lay. USA dont care about the Olympics, the European teams do, All it takes is a team to beat them in the last 3 rounds and they are out. If it was a 7 match series they are morals, but its not its one game.

Currently the pools are small on Betfair but the lay is too short, but if it gets to $1.20 or shorter i will definately lay. USA dont care about the Olympics, the European teams do, All it takes is a team to beat them in the last 3 rounds and they are out. If it was a 7 match series they are morals, but its not its one game.

Not caring about the Olympics really hurt the US Men's basketball team so far

1626662395384.png

well they lost to Argentine didn't they... so if you take $1.10 every time you lose. thanks for proving my point

Yeah but they are $1.40 which is a 70% chance of winning and they have won 85% of golds since the pros started playing

Smarkets Betting Exchange:

Australia Number of Gold Medals: Under 13.5 $1.77 v $1.94 Over 13.5

USA Number of Gold Medals: Under 42.5 $2.28 v $1.54 Over 42.5

UK Number of Gold Medals: Under 14.5 $1.88 v $1.82 Over 14.5

Sportsbet :

Australia Number of Gold Medals: Under 13.5 $1.77 v $2 Over 13.5

UK Number of Gold Medals:Under 14.5 $1.83 v $1.83 Over 14.5

Im not sure where our gold medals will come from personally. Also If I stand to be corrected since 2000, we have struggled a bit on the swimming arena.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Australia's performance after 2000

2004: 17 Gold
2008: 14 Gold
2012: 8 Gold
2016: 8 Gold

alot of our decline in Olympic sports has been less investment into these lesser so called sports/events. Compared to the UK, who have invested a heap more and its kind of showing on the world stage.

I did see a H2H bet on gold with the UK

H2H Most Gold
Australia 2.50 v 1.50 United Kingdom

H2H Most Gold at the Handicap
Australia +1.5 Gold Medals $1.77 v $2 UK -1.5 Gold Medals

Also If I stand to be corrected since 2000, we have struggled a bit on the swimming arena.
Host nations usually experience the residual effects for a couple of subsequent games and this was the case for the Australian swimming team which actually peaked in Beijing with 20 medals (18 in Sydney, 15 in Athens). We've picked up 10 medals in the past 2 games.

Australia's performance after 2000

2004: 17 Gold
2008: 14 Gold
2012: 8 Gold
2016: 8 Gold

alot of our decline in Olympic sports has been less investment into these lesser so called sports/events. Compared to the UK, who have invested a heap more and its kind of showing on the world stage.

H2H Most Gold

UK always produce a few medal chances in the boxing where we never have any
We've gone backwards in the pool
Never do anything in athletics (?) whereas they had Farrah winning 1-2?
Leaves cycling and hockey as our hopes? womens soccer/bball maybe. Hard to see where 14 golds come from unless we have alot of fringe sports circled

any views on the pinnacle event of the Olympics? the 100 metres final

These are the best odds from : SkyBet, William Hill and TAB.

Trayvon Bromwell 2.38 (USA)
Ronnie Baker 5.50 (USA)
Akani Simbine 6.50 (USA)
Andre de Grasse 9 (Canada)
Fred Kerley 10 (USA)
Zharnel Hughes 17 (Great Britain)
Reece Prescod 23 (Great Britain)
Bingtian Su 26 (China)
Yohan Blake 26 (Jamaica)
Marcell Jacobs 26 (Italy)
Jimmy Vicaut 51 (France)
Tlotliso Leotelela 41 (South Africa)
Chijindu Ujah 51 (Great Britain)
Ryoto Yamagata 67 (Japan)
Aaron Brown 81 (Canada)
Emmanuel Matadi 101 (Liberia)
Adam Gemili 101 (Great Britain)
Ferdinand Omurwa 126 (Kenya)
Xie Zhenye 151 (China)

with no Usain Bolt there, is there value in an outsider there?

UK always produce a few medal chances in the boxing where we never have any
We've gone backwards in the pool
Never do anything in athletics (?) whereas they had Farrah winning 1-2?
Leaves cycling and hockey as our hopes? womens soccer/bball maybe. Hard to see where 14 golds come from unless we have alot of fringe sports circled
UK cycling is their strength.

their best medal chances lie in the velodrome and on the road.

Compared to the UK, who have invested a heap more and its kind of showing on the world stage.

H2H Most Gold

1.50 for the UK is free money. They have a bottomless pit of lottery funding that has been pouring into their elite sport since the mid-2000's....or maybe it was after they were embarrassed in Sydney where they only won 1 gold medal. Personally I can think of better uses for these funds than a once every 4 years sporting Jamberoo but it's absolutely helped them in terms of Olympic medals.

also given the uncertainty around covid, get a weird feeling - like the AFL last night, who knows maybe some athletes will withdraw at late notice or on game day.

eg in tennis De Minaur and Coco Gauff and I heard Grauff is pulling out.

UK cycling is their strength.

their best medal chances lie in the velodrome and on the road.
I read something on the weekend where Australia havent appeared on the world stage in cycling for a while, but they are apparently burning up the track in training... which i read as they are being hidden from the drug testers! Cycling is a stay away for me given that certain countries seem to improve Olympics time

I read something on the weekend where Australia havent appeared on the world stage in cycling for a while, but they are apparently burning up the track in training... which i read as they are being hidden from the drug testers! Cycling is a stay away for me given that certain countries seem to improve Olympics time

We were going ok on the road but no one that can win the olympics in the current team, never hear anything about the velodrome.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back