Review SA U19's Yellow v Blue Internal Trial (7PM Friday 16th July)

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Manchester City, Collingwood AFLW

sa internal trial.png

Live discussion thread, a few big name outs but will still be good viewing

He was in the Crows NGA but isnt eligible to be drafted

He's Gaving Wanganeens nephew, and Terry Mileras stepson
Yeah, that is correct, I think plays at the Marion Rams, but not sure. Both SA teams get screwed over by not being able to have Indigenous kids in the metro area as part of their NGA programs.

Yeah, that is correct, I think plays at the Marion Rams, but not sure. Both SA teams get screwed over by not being able to have Indigenous kids in the metro area as part of their NGA programs.
You're not suggesting the rules are different for different clubs are you? 🙄

Jackson I thought was okay early but I wanted to see more from him.

Having re-watched the game now I think the initial assessment on Jackson was harsh. He was pretty consistent throughout the game and did a lot of really good things inside the contest that I missed being at the ground. He was super clean below his knees in pretty ordinary conditions, it was actually quite impressive.

Spain, Dnistriansky, Becker, Wanganeen-Milera and Dudley probably all on the up for me, though probably only the last two from those that I'd have on my draft board.

I also thought Rayson should be added to the list of those on the up for me. I thought some of the things he did in the second half were really impressive. He was able to buy himself some time, evade tacklers and then deliver some precision kicks to teammates. I've definitely been lower than most on Rayson but I think some of the things he showed were high class. I think I'll go back and watch some more of his games and may have to re-evaluate where I originally had him fitting in with this draft crop.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back