News 2021 Trade/Free Agent News and reported targets Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is not to discuss current Hawthorn players and whether they’re tradeable, who they're linked to or what you think they’re worth.

This thread is about our Trade targets at other clubs that are linked to us via media(not facebook pages).

Reminder, we are also not thinking up trade hypotheticals of how you would get it done in here, or asking what these players we are linked to are worth.

26 disposals, 22 uncontested
9 marks (all uncontested)
ZERO tackles

I didn't watch the game but I'm gonna assume he did pretty well off the hard work of others.

I'm not sure we're a team that could get 1.0 + 9 score involvements out of such an outside player, 22 weeks in a row. If Geelong can't get good, regular contributions from him & they're sitting equal first then I don't think we will.

Yeah, no real defensive game.

Yeah, no real defensive game.

5 Cats didn't lay a tackle last night. And 4 only had 1. Almost half the team contributed 4 tackles. Fremantle were just horrible.

We have mids than can tackle, but not many that have clean hands when the footy is on the deck and spread consistently from the contest. Narkle DID do that last night.

5 Cats didn't lay a tackle last night. And 4 only had 1. Almost half the team contributed 4 tackles. Fremantle were just horrible.

We have mids than can tackle, but not many that have clean hands when the footy is on the deck and spread consistently from the contest. Narkle DID do that last night.

He is a down hill skier and an inconsistent one at that. If he was wasn't he wouldn't constantly go in and out of the Geelong team regardless of how strong it is, no thanks

Geelongs bigger bodies bullied Fremantle last night.

Also Cerra is Freos 5th mid behind Fyfe, Mundy, Brayshaw and Serong in that order and they got beaten easily because Fyfe is always injured.

Toby McLean has done an ACL. Same knee. Weren't we interested in him not long ago ?

Kelly has the GWS deal and only North is prepared to put up the money he”s after for him to move south at this stage.
Makes sense.

Reckon that he’s someone you’d have a nibble at, but ultimately the output doesn’t match the fee.

Meh… spend the cash to get Kelly over. 2mil straight up and 700k for 5 years.
Do something similar with Darcy Moore next year.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kelly has the GWS deal and only North is prepared to put up the money he”s after for him to move south at this stage.

I hope Hawthorn would not be stupid enough to offer 26 year old Kelly ( 27 in Feb 2022) $8 million over 8 years. He is a good player but not good enough to warrant an 8 year Hail Mary contract.

Except perhaps at GWS or North.

I hope Hawthorn would not be stupid enough to offer 26 year old Kelly ( 27 in Feb 2022) $8 million over 8 years. He is a good player but not good enough to warrant an 8 year Hail Mary contract.

Yes 8 years is madness. But if we can get him for 5 then get it done. Surely if he makes the decision to move on he will be flexible to get to where he wants to.

Personally I'd offer it as we could pay 4 mill next 2 years rather easily and then it's only a normal 4 million over 6 years contract for a player of that ilk.

It won't happen though as we aren't worth joining for him, but I'd like to think we'd offer the money.

I'd over him 4 years.
No doubt North would offer more. I'd say he goes there.
Yep only 4-5 years max IMO. We just need to stay the course and keep adding young kids. Don’t mind adding Kelly on big coin on a 4-5 year deal as we wouldn’t have to give up any assets. By the time his deal was to end we’d then have money to pay the likes of Day, DGB etc.

no more GWS please.

and its not just about us being dudded previously. If they cant win with the cattle they have, something is amiss... Development or culture - not sure...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back