Play Nice Random Chat Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember a long, long time ago someone mentioned the film Incendies on here (I think it was SimpkinByTheDockOfTheBay -- if not, sorry for the unnecessary tag), and I thought it sounded like something I'd like. I added it to Netflix only for it to be deleted from there before I had a chance to watch it. Anyway, I was scrolling through SBS On Demand tonight, which is seriously underrated and excellent btw, and saw that Incendies was on there. But boy, I had no idea what I was in for.

What a stunning but utterly f’ed up and tragic and traumatic film. As the credits rolled, I sat there for about 5 minutes with my mouth open and just covered in goosebumps. Highly recommended to anyone that doesn't mind being repeatedly punched in the guts for a couple of hours.

Noticed afterwards too that it's a Denis Villeneuve film. That man is a ******* genius. Can't wait to see what he does with Dune.

Yeah, Tef liked it too, discussed on the best scenes thread on Lidge's Lounge.

Stunning flick. Some of those Lebanese War scenes.

Far right, British commentator.

Racist piece of sh*t. Already bragging about flaunting our lockdown restrictions. Her and Kaitlyn Jenner have been let in the country to star in Big Brother.

Meanwhile thousands of Australians can't bring home their parents/relatives from overseas.
NFI why the hell she even got in here?
Mind you, she is gorn…

Bundoora way too cool for a Coles.

Such a great uni. Sitting on the lawns in summer. The markets. Does it still have any charm left?
It still kind of does except for the school kids who make the lines for food 10xs longer 😭

I really wanna live on campus but it’s like 350 a week!! But the new building is really nice

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
never experianced it as did an apprentiship, few good mates loved it. some are actually valuable members of the community these days ;-)

Nothing wrong with an apprenticeship-what was your area of expertise? Uni life today is far removed from the halcyon days, it's all vegan food and hugs. Deakin Uni is dry now FFS. And has a food charter. This sees the majority of students heading off campus for takeaway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back