The AFL wants 22 teams. Name your next four.

Nov 26, 2016
Canberra, ACT
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Despite my 'calls' for WA3 & Tas1, i've long thought the VFL, let alone the AFL, should have developed an ACT team.

I remember watching a state game, Tas v ACTAFL thought then that they has a lot of good players. I was disappointed when the NRL moved in first.

Thanks for your support!

According to some stats in Code Wars released this year, the ACT appears to still lean (ever so slightly) towards AFL, so we're not lost yet!

WA3's not a bad option. The size of Perth and their AFL support makes sense as a safe option, but it wouldn't increase the AFL footprint in the same manner.

Looking forward to watching Tassie and Canberra at Manuka some day in the not-too-distant future!

Aussie in exile

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 21, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
28 U.S. states don't have an NFL team, 29 don't have an NBA team and 33 don't have an NBL team. Just sayin'.
There isn’t a sporting league in the world that represents every single region in that country, they still call themselves national leagues, dumb argument.
The USA has 50 states. Australia has 7. Not hard to have 6 teams out of 7 is lt.
I'm sure if the USA had only 7 states they would have NFL, NBA, in all of them.
Only a fool would think that the AFL is a national comp when a rusted on AF state like Tassie has no AFL team

Seedsfan

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
The USA has 50 states. Australia has 7. Not hard to have 6 teams out of 7 is lt.
I'm sure if the USA had only 7 states they would have NFL, NBA, in all of them.
Only a fool would think that the AFL is a national comp when a rusted on AF state like Tassie has no AFL team
Lol if America was split into 7 states all the same cities would have teams. Pro sports has to be able to make money

Back