So You Think

Miracle on Arden St
Feb 28, 2011
Hotel Kensington
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Melbourne
I’d be shocked if we get a PP. It’ll be a magic formula and because we’ve improved a bit we will get zilch.

Agree, the media and opposition clubs are already spruiking our pretty good form of late so the public campaign against a pp for us has already started.

Nov 7, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
we definetly at the very least should get an end of first round compo

Watch the afl screw us over and not give us anything even though on wins over the last 2 years we’d qualify
We could play finals next year lol

The comp is extremely soft right now.

Duck the GOAT

Senior List
Apr 5, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It doesnt bother me one bit as I trust in the direction we are heading and Im excited about the talent we are building - however are we landing a rising star nom this year?

SonofSamsquanch

Enjoy decent coffee but don't dunk yer biscuits
Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Hope he thanks us when he's receiving his best young player award.
I was worried for the poor kid when he played against us.

How he didn't do his back with that initial lurch - he'll hardly be able to walk by the time he's 40 if he keeps that up. He needs to spend more time with Lachie Hunter perfecting the ducking movement, or watch some old videos of the master himself, Matty LLoyd to see how to actually fall in the direction that the assumed push would have propelled him if it had made contact.

I'd hate to see his career ruined just because he hurt himself diving.

Oct 12, 2008
The North of Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It doesnt bother me one bit as I trust in the direction we are heading and Im excited about the talent we are building - however are we landing a rising star nom this year?

rising star is a media hype award, i don't care if we get one or not

Higgo2Froggy

Senior List
Sep 9, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Powell would've had one in just about any other year. Got unlucky in that his best games came just when others had blinders (not to mention we weren't winning)
16 touches and a goal vs Suns - Campbell has 25 in a win
19 touches and 8 tackles vs Crows - Sholl cuts us up for 30 and a goal in the same game
25 touches vs the Dockers - day later, Koschitzke (and Thilthorpe for that matter) kicks 5 in a win
23 touches, 6 tackles and a goal vs Dees - Jackson has 22 and a goal and helps turn the game around for them in the same game

Would've been nice but not fussed in the slightest

CarnTheKANGAS

Team Captain
Aug 30, 2011
Earth
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Powell would've had one in just about any other year. Got unlucky in that his best games came just when others had blinders (not to mention we weren't winning)
19 touches and 8 tackles vs Crows - Sholl cuts us up for 30 and a goal in the same game
25 touches vs the Dockers - day later, Koschitzke (and Thilthorpe for that matter) kicks 5 in a win
23 touches, 6 tackles and a goal vs Dees - Jackson has 22 and a goal and helps turn the game around for them in the same game

Use it as motivation and truck on.

Oct 12, 2008
The North of Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne

the jackson one was bullshit. tom got those stats despite being off for almost a quarter with a head knock

Colbys Boots

Premium Gold
Oct 3, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Agree, the media and opposition clubs are already spruiking our pretty good form of late so the public campaign against a pp for us has already started.

It's the entirely legitimate and measurable improvement quotient from Champion Data.

Jed's an interesting one moving forward.

He's a heart and soul player, definitely great depth to have, but you can just see him being forced out by sheer weight of numbers in the midfield in the next few years.

Would be great if Noble could re-purpose him like he has with Turner and Ziebell, as I can't see a spot for him in the center with the emergence of Thomas, Powell and Phillips as center square options that need game time there. That's also excluding our top pick this year.
Spits out boys for fun! We want all the little Anderson’s to be fully invested in becoming future Shinboners. Must keep him.

AnEmptyChair

Premiership Player
Nov 12, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
the jackson one was bullshit. tom got those stats despite being off for almost a quarter with a head knock
No, it wasn't. Jackson was easily one of the best handful of players on the ground that day. He had a huge influence on the result that went beyond the stats sheet. He deserved the nom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back