Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
xkzDhe1.png

FOOTBALL LEAGUE of OCEANIA
2021 SEASON

The FJGD board's premier association football competition is back for another season! With the excitement of the Euros leading straight into club European games and kits being released left right and centre, now is the perfect time to kick off the 2021 season of FLO.

As with (some) previous seasons, FLO will be two competitions, a league and a cup.

The League will feature a maximum of 16 teams and will be a straight single round robin. As with previous years, it'll be 1 goal for every 5 votes, so 6-4 is a 1-0 victory, but 8-6 is a 1-1 draw. The league will have a finals series after the final round.

If we receive more than 16 entrants, qualifying will take place to determine the 16 that enter. Traditionally the top 4 from the previous season will skip qualifying, and it will be no different here as the Semi-Finalists from last season's FLO League will gain an automatic league place if they choose to enter this season (The Cheesecake Rubber Arm fancyscum El_Scorcho )

The Cup will be a straight knockout competition utilising a specific cup kit, and as per previous seasons, entrants are permitted to enter a second, separate team into the Cup only. The more teams we have in the cup, the merrier. In previous seasons i've required a league entry if you want to enter the cup, but this season you can just submit 1 cup kit and skip the league if you don't have the time or interest to do 3 kits.

As per the rule introduced last season, I will allow redesigning to occur during this competition at 2 specific stages, which i'll refer to as "Transfer Windows". The cutoff for the first transfer window is prior to round 2. The cutoff for the 2nd transfer window will be prior to round 10, which will coincide with the quarter finals of the Cup. No crossover of kits will be allowed between the cup and the league during transfer windows.

Entrants will be required create the branding for a football club based in Australia or New Zealand. I don't care if people share locations or colours, it's soccer. You will enter 3 kits, each as separate images. A Home kit, an away kit that will be worn in every away game unless it causes a clash, and a cup kit specifically for the cup. Also required is a club logo, which must be fully designed by the entrant.

All kits will feature the FLO logo (which can be recoloured) on both sleeves, a sponsor across the chest, a club logo and a manufacturer's logo in an orientation of the designer's choosing. The number font for the league will once again be Big Noodle Titling. Stars above the club logo are permitted in both the league and the cup for each title a designer has won in the competition in which the kit is competing.

A .psd file of the FLO logo can be found at: https://gofile.io/d/Ns3DCN

In terms of presentation, like last season, entrants are ONLY required to display the front of the shirt in their presentation, but may display as much or as little of the rest of the uniform including shorts and socks as they like.

Given there is qualifying, there is no bidding process as such, but use this thread for team announcements, questions and discussion.

Entries are due by 11.59pm Adelaide time, Sunday the 22nd of August 2021, to be uploaded to an image hosting site like imgur and the URL link in code tags forwarded to me via PM. Please don't just upload images to bigfooty and send them, it makes everything a lot more difficult.

Last edited:

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
AFC Adelaide Town will be returning, and likely Ports FC in the cup.

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
The new one also makes it near impossible to have a 2 colour logo. Really hurting the aesthetic of my cup kit.

Happy to accept a little outline around the letters to make that work if required.

May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Grêmio, DC United, Pistons
You will be happy to know that the FLO logo has changed every season.

FLO Logo History

191786_5511877a7cce8205527c2bd330dc364c.png
351612_d1f32667ad1a16891df6bd299c82307b.png
SJiYjsl.png
k1lMNFJ.png
jib9uJ6.png
xkzDhe1.png

Aug 8, 2008
Campbelltown
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Macarthur FC
You will be happy to know that the FLO logo has changed every season.

But the fans are going to be confused. How are they going to know it is the same league if the logo changes all the time?

Happy to accept a little outline around the letters to make that work if required.

It kind of works, not a great look, would be better on the old logo, but it will have to do.

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
A couple of questions El_Scorcho:

1. Is there a different cup logo or is it just the FLO logo?
2. Can/Do I recolour each FLO logo for each kit?

Also lock in FC. Bundaberg 21

Welcome aboard!

Same logo for both, I think it keeps thinks simpler.

You can recolour the FLO logo as you see fit, and it can be recoloured differently for each kit.

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Plenty of us are locked down at the moment, what better way to spend your time than submitting an entry to this competition!

Kangas_11

Club Legend
Nov 14, 2013
Toronto
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Colts, Raptors, Milan, FU Crabs
I'd be keen to give this a go, if there is space in the qualifying tourney.

Do we need to submit a name and colour combo for entry?

Mar 30, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Dolphins, Seattle Kraken
I'd be keen to give this a go, if there is space in the qualifying tourney.

Do we need to submit a name and colour combo for entry?
Yes, but you also need to perform an interpretive dance for El_Scorcho's amusement. It's tough but honest work.

Back