Preview Geelong V Richmond at MCG Sun Jul 25 @ 320 pm - Rd 19

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't be surprised. He is a 28 yo marquee player. He knows what a hammy is, and he didn't look stressed when he went off with it. I thought it was a minor tweak at the time based on his reactions and the club putting him on the field. They aren't stupid despite the beat up from the media at the time.
Cameron will be an expert on hamstrings in view of his previous injuries, and will know
As close to the same as you can get. They deliberately modelled Optus' oval after the MCG.
I thought so too but I have seen dimensions that show the MCG to be wider.

Word going around that Jezza could come back for this game, although likely to be cautious (I hope they do!) and make it next week, or maybe week after.
That’s not surprising at all given it wasn’t a hamstring tear. The issue is giving him the right kind of strength and conditioning to avoid those episodes of tightness.

So what sensationalism awaits Channel nine news viewers tonight, teasing with "the AFL is fighting for it's life"

Could it be the reduced salary cap?
SA players on again off again flights tonight?
Players isolated due to Covid site exposure?
Gil's self imposed wage reduction? (haha joking)

T Morris beat you to it news hounds.
Haha, I am guessing a bit from all the options 😉👍

Except the last two about Gil not being full on in it for the cash, and Tom laying hands on anyone other than himself.

Nice angle with the fun fact. As a Tiger supporter it does rankle somewhat that the Cats have had so much the better of us throughout the last 40 odd years.

Still, I guess it is some small consolation we seem to keep fluking wins against you in finals. 😁.

And I keep asking myself, would I rather win a load of home and away games against a struggling club, or a few key finals against a team with pretensions to winning flags? We seem to have fluked our way to a finals record against you standing at 10-2, with a 140% advantage in scoring. That must annoy you like at least a tiny amount?

We do sort of hate your lot winty, your home and away dominance is really annoying. But where there is a little bit of hate, there is a little bit of love and we love the way you seem to act as a smooth finals conduit to almost all of our flags, 1921, 34, 67, 69, 80, & 2017, 19, 20. You are sort of our Oscar Schindler, when it is a matter of life and death and everything is on the line you provide us safe passage to where we need to get to. 😍. I don’t know what happened in 31 and 33, we beat you in finals but somehow you didn’t do your job properly and we didn’t go on to win flags in those years. More reasons to hate you. 😂😂😂

I think to be fair to you we should scrap finals and just award the flag to the team on top after the home and away season….but hang on, then home and away games will effectively be finals. Hmmm, that isn’t going to suit you either. 😁😁
Lol I think you strongly over estimate how much cats fans care about Richmond. You beat us out of 2 really good shots recently, but if we wasted our time with rivalries with every side that knocked us out in the last 20 years we'd hate half the comp. No one has time for that.

It's not like you beat us by rorting the salary cap, or even that you beat us at a time when we were favourites. You just beat us because you were a better team. Why waste your time over it?

It's not like you beat us by rorting the salary cap, or even that you beat us at a time when we were favourites. You just beat us because you were a better team. Why waste your time over it?

Bingo-you got it !!! It's all they wanted to hear.
Why didn't we all just tell the trolls they were better in the first place?
Were.

Bingo-you got it !!! It's all they wanted to hear.
Why didn't we all just tell the trolls they were better in the first place?
Were.
I can't even remember all the times we were knocked out of a shot by a better team in recent years and he wants me to be fixated on the last couple? I can't be wasting my time on that I've got s*** to do

I wouldn't be surprised. He is a 28 yo marquee player. He knows what a hammy is, and he didn't look stressed when he went off with it. I thought it was a minor tweak at the time based on his reactions and the club putting him on the field. They aren't stupid despite the beat up from the media at the time.

You may not be surprised but I would be ******* astounded!!! It would be a truly remarkable recovery.

Word going around that Jezza could come back for this game, although likely to be cautious (I hope they do!) and make it next week, or maybe week after.
Considering all hes done is minimal running I'd be baffled if he was getting picked so not sure where this is coming from, more likely to be a month away.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Geelong play their home game at their opponents home ground...seems fair..

So theres no crowd so that decision wasnt a financial one..so what was the basis for rejecting Geelong's request to play their home game at their home ground?

So theres no crowd so that decision wasnt a financial one..so what was the basis for rejecting Geelong's request to play their home game at their home ground?

MCG sponsorship issues and MCG number of contracted games. Not that GMHBA has those issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So what sensationalism awaits Channel nine news viewers tonight, teasing with "the AFL is fighting for it's life"

Could it be the reduced salary cap?
SA players on again off again flights tonight?
Players isolated due to Covid site exposure?
Gil's self imposed wage reduction? (haha joking)

T Morris beat you to it news hounds.
AFL brings Dogs v Dees game forward to declare COVID year premiers?

Tom Morris reports...

Port Adelaide will play its first ever ‘home’ game at Marvel Stadium on Friday night.

The MCG is free on Friday night but it’s understood the league wanted to avoid giving the Magpies a home ground advantage.

:think:

Oh, the ironing...

Do you think they can actually hear how ridiculous they sound when evoking these clear double standards, and just don't care what us plebians think? Or are they so self-deluded that they actually think their contorted position makes sense?

Either way, they are the most risible bunch of sports administrators in this country and deserve nothing but contempt for how they skew the competition incessantly to suit their nefarious purposes.

Last edited:

I actually believe Whateley is probably correct. This time around, they're stiffing us simply because they don't want us fronting up requesting 'actual' home finals if the COVID situation doesn't resolve itself and we're faced with finals without meaningful crowds. Easier to concoct some spurious excuse now than to admit to their craven agenda at this point.

Because the AFL have to play a certain number of games at the ground every year. So other clubs get $ to play elsewhere and Geelong loose their home games as a consequence and lose $ in the process. And the AFL say it is a level playing field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back