Opinion Commentary & Media V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, in my opinion, I don’t feel, and have never felt, he “likes us” at all. He’s been dismissive of north for years. I think he’s an arrogant commentator who struggles to hide his bias. But he’s not alone there. I cringe whenever I hear his voice calling our games. He’s my least favourite commentator, but he‘s got a few mates.
Go back and watch the first quarter with an open mind. He’s actually very good. Praises when needed and highlights our problems. As above he was way more complementary than dismissive.

And there’s a reason he may have been dismissive for years…we’ve been s**t for years.

Last edited:

A little from Column A and a little from Column B for me...

No question that some media types - Caro, Barrett, Cornes - are deliberately antagonistic towards the club and have personal agendas against it (although Cornes wants to play the antagonist towards nearly everyone). And, because we aren't a big successful club, we don't drive any agendas so are fairly invisible when the run-down sheets are drawn up for AFL360, On the Couch, Classified type shows. The club can change this narrative in the next few years.

On the other hand, I think we - including me - get a bit sensitive about this stuff. For the past 20 years we've largely been a middle to bottom tier team with few genuine A-grade talents and personalities. For the last two we've been pretty much rubbish. Most of what does get said by most commentators may be negative, but it isn't too far from the truth. Of the negative comments on Sunday, how many were grossly unfair?

I don't like Healy, and no matter what he says, I don't think he likes us and that goes back a long way (His '99 GF call was bizarre). But I guess he's not there to like us. I just don't think he's a great commentator.
The comments on Kingy are a bit unfair. Whilst his Champion Data obsession is irritating, he actually comes across hopeful and positive about the club, especially since Brad went. That he doesn't call games barracking for us is fair enough.
And the Pipe is just awful. 5mins to go in the GWS games last week and they kick a goal to go 26 points behind - their second goal in nearly two quarters. "There's a pulse!" declares Dwayne enthusiastically. Regardless of what he thinks about North, he's just rubbish.

Build heather a statue - bloody brilliant and on point.
Bias commentary is a cancer on the game. Just call what you see not some crap you premeditate.
Did you even listen to Healys response? He does call it as he sees it. Look at my post above. He was more than complementary towards us. Did he come in with that premeditated commentary?

* me, this place is full of so many people with small man syndrome. Get over it. We’re last, and we haven’t been top 5 for over 12 years. There’s been very little to talk us about.

Did you even listen to Healys response? He does call it as he sees it. Look at my post above. He was more than complementary towards us. Did he come in with that premeditated commentary?

fu** me, this place is full of so many people with small man syndrome. Get over it. We’re last, and we haven’t been top 5 for over 12 years. There’s been very little to talk us about.

When the * did you make up my opinion for me.
I’ll call it as u see it.

The reason snake and you didn’t see eye to eye was because your the same - know it all dicks.

When the fu** did you make up my opinion for me.
I’ll call it as u see it.

The reason snake and you didn’t see eye to eye was because your the same - know it all dicks.
Nope, I gave facts. I actually went back and listened to what he said and wrote it down.

The reason snake and I didn’t see eye to eye was because I called out his s**t and he couldn’t back it up. How about you go and rewatch the game and give me the stats for the rest of the game. Prove your point, otherwise is just more small man syndrome.

Nope, I gave facts. I actually went back and listened to what he said and wrote it down.

The reason snake and I didn’t see eye to eye was because I called out his sh*t and he couldn’t back it up. How about you go and rewatch the game and give me the stats for the rest of the game. Prove your point, otherwise is just more small man syndrome.

Yeah listening to that twat Healy once was bad enough , not going through it a second time.

You just can’t listen for praise/ridicule - you’ve got to look at similar passages of play for both teams and see the stark differences in his commentary.

Interesting question, who'd you rather commentate our games..
A) Gerard Healy
B) James Brayshaw

Imagine that a farmer has a sack containing 100 lbs of potatoes. The potatoes, he discovers, are comprised of 99% water and 1% solids, so he leaves them in the heat of the sun for a day to let the amount of water in them reduce to 98%. But when he returns to them the day after, he finds his 100 lb sack now weighs just 50 lbs. How can this be true? Well, if 99% of 100 lbs of potatoes is water then the water must weigh 99 lbs. The 1% of solids must ultimately weigh just 1 lb, giving a ratio of solids to liquids of 1:99. But if the potatoes are allowed to dehydrate to 98% water, the solids must now account for 2% of the weight—a ratio of 2:98, or 1:49—even though the solids must still only weigh 1lb. The water, ultimately, must now weigh 49lb, giving a total weight of 50lbs despite just a 1% reduction in water content.

In other words, as football commentators go, both Gerard Healy and James Brayshaw are potatoes.

There is no other logical conclusion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah listening to that twat Healy once was bad enough , not going through it a second time.

You just can’t listen for praise/ridicule - you’ve got to look at similar passages of play for both teams and see the stark differences in his commentary.
I did. I did it before commentating on here, because I wasnt sure if all this s**t slinging was real.

He commentates on the game, and as he said in his response he doesn’t cheer lead. He calls out s**t for both teams but you only hear the s**t he gives us. The problem isn’t with him it’s with you.

It’s the same with umps. Every teams supporters think the umps are against them. They can’t all be right!

fu** me, this place is full of so many people with small man syndrome. Get over it. We’re last, and we haven’t been top 5 for over 12 years. There’s been very little to talk us about.

This seems most out of character for kangatime to be so contrary. :rolleyes:

Best way to know when you are onto something is when this bloke disagrees with you.

I'm gonna lump Derwayne and Healy together here, but neither are overly bias, they are just absolute garbage as commentators.

I went back and watched the Curtis Taylor and Charlie Lazzaro goal highlights from the Essendon game. Huddo does a great job calling it live and bringing a bit of excitement (I'm a big fan of Huddo tbh), then it goes to Healy and his comments just suck the life out of the moment. Derwayne does the exact same thing, just boring, pseudo-analytical drawl every time.

I reckon that's why Huddo and Brown worked well in the North-WC game. Brown is dopey as hell, but he can at least recognize when to lift his intensity in the moment.

Well, in my opinion, I don’t feel, and have never felt, he “likes us” at all. He’s been dismissive of north for years. I think he’s an arrogant commentator who struggles to hide his bias. But he’s not alone there. I cringe whenever I hear his voice calling our games. He’s my least favourite commentator, but he‘s got a few mates.
You’re spot on mate, just like the other 80% of us who’ve picked up the negative sentiment from that tired, grumpy, wet fart over the journey.

The ones sticking up for him are probably his relations.. which makes sense..

You’re spot on mate, just like the other 80% of us who’ve picked up the negative sentiment from that tired, grumpy, wet fart over the journey.

The ones sticking up for him are probably his relations.. which makes sense..
Oh look, it’s Tefs lap dog.

I'm gonna lump Derwayne and Healy together here, but neither are overly bias, they are just absolute garbage as commentators.

I went back and watched the Curtis Taylor and Charlie Lazzaro goal highlights from the Essendon game. Huddo does a great job calling it live and bringing a bit of excitement (I'm a big fan of Huddo tbh), then it goes to Healy and his comments just suck the life out of the moment. Derwayne does the exact same thing, just boring, pseudo-analytical drawl every time.

I reckon that's why Huddo and Brown worked well in the North-WC game. Brown is dopey as hell, but he can at least recognize when to lift his intensity in the moment.

Interesting question, who'd you rather commentate our games..
A) Gerard Healy
B) James Brayshaw
Healy is the lesser of the two evils. Listening to JB feels like being betrayed by your brother. Kingy is in the same basket too, but not as bad. He should stick to Twitter when it’s north related, he is way more positive there.

Healy is just plain incompetent with a splash of bias.

I don’t mind Dwayne these days to be honest. He’s a bit of a try hard, but I think he is pretty fair. I’ve come to the conclusion that his perceived North hatred was due to him spending too much time with G.Healy.

Healy is the lesser of the two evils. Listening to JB feels like being betrayed by your brother. Kingy is in the same basket too, but not as bad. He should stick to Twitter when it’s north related, he is way more positive there.

Healy is just plain incompetent with a splash of bias.

I don’t mind Dwayne these days to be honest. He’s a bit of a try hard, but I think he is pretty fair. I’ve come to the conclusion that his perceived North hatred was due to him spending too much time with G.Healy.

Dwayne is salty because of the Cats lack of success in the 90’s of which he was a part of I thought?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back