deano28

Club Legend
May 21, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
melbourne victory , aussie cricket
Just rewatched the last quarter of Monday night’s game and my god the gut running of both Hall and Simpkin to provide overlap run , an outlet and or draw an opposition player away from the ball carrier was first class . Bravo lads .

Aug 16, 2009
North Caulfield
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Just rewatched the last quarter of Monday night’s game and my god the gut running of both Hall and Simpkin to provide overlap run , an outlet and or draw an opposition player away from the ball carrier was first class . Bravo lads .
Hey deano28 , is there anywhre on the AFL apps to do that? Or you just watch off your foxtel recorded game ?

AARON HALL’s rich vein of form in the past few months could see him rewarded with a multi-year contract with North Melbourne.

The Kangaroos started preliminary discussions with the 30-year-old’s management group a few weeks ago but were keen to see how he would perform in the second half of the season.

Hall has enjoyed a resurgence since his move to half-back , where he and skipper JACK ZIEBELL have assisted the young team in its development phase.

The former Gold Coast player, who is in his third season at Arden St, has averaged 29.5 disposals since round 7 this year.

He is ranked eighth overall for metres gained, behind BRODIE SMITH, JACK LUKOSIUS, PAUL SEEDSMAN, DANIEL RICH, MARCUS BONTEMPELLI, JAYDEN SHORT and CHRISTIAN PETRACCA.

Hall has played 15 games this season for the Kangaroos and has been one of driving forces in North Melbourne’s more competitive performances in the second half of the season.

Copyright © 2021 News Pty Limited

1626818148060.png

AARON HALL’s rich vein of form in the past few months could see him rewarded with a multi-year contract with North Melbourne.

The Kangaroos started preliminary discussions with the 30-year-old’s management group a few weeks ago but were keen to see how he would perform in the second half of the season.

Hall has enjoyed a resurgence since his move to half-back , where he and skipper JACK ZIEBELL have assisted the young team in its development phase.

The former Gold Coast player, who is in his third season at Arden St, has averaged 29.5 disposals since round 7 this year.

He is ranked eighth overall for metres gained, behind BRODIE SMITH, JACK LUKOSIUS, PAUL SEEDSMAN, DANIEL RICH, MARCUS BONTEMPELLI, JAYDEN SHORT and CHRISTIAN PETRACCA.

Hall has played 15 games this season for the Kangaroos and has been one of driving forces in North Melbourne’s more competitive performances in the second half of the season.

View attachment 1182672
So he should. Easily got 2 years left.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone

View attachment 1182672

That's great to hear. Fingers crossed he holds or even improves his 2021 form and does it well into his 30s for us.

Apr 17, 2007
melb home of the kangas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
hellas,liverpool,storm,au
That's great to hear. Fingers crossed he holds or even improves his 2021 form and does it well into his 30s for us.

Might be possible as he was a late starter- was he 20-21 when drafted. Might still have another 3-4 years left in him.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf

Copyright 2021 News Pty Limited

View attachment 1182672
They've played it smart not rushing to extend him. 1 year plus triggers for a 2nd would be about right.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
They've played it smart not rushing to extend him. 1 year plus triggers for a 2nd would be about right.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Agreed, I'd have some hesitancy with outright giving him two considering we're in a rebuild and have a bevy of players who may be able to push him out of his spot, but if a games played trigger for a second year was what would get the deal done then go for it.

100% he deserves at least one year though. IMO his best form was in some of his earlier games in the back half, but I think we've seen gains in his defensive abilities since then which is incredibly endearing.

If he wanted to practise his goal kicking on the run during the preseason I wouldn't complain. Finds himself by the 50 on the run so often but I reckon he's nailing less than 50% of them.

Rockstar6

Premiership Player
Dec 23, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Utah Jazz
Should go 1 with triggers for a 2nd. Want him playing for his future and chilling out with the security of 2 guaranteed years

AnEmptyChair

Premiership Player
Nov 12, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I posted this in the autopsy thread and I get that it's a super unpopular opinion, but I reckon his year has been overrated by a lot of people and I'm not convinced he should be the short or medium-term answer to a role that is, imo, one of the most important in both the modern game and the way that Nobes wants us to play.

While, yes, he does give us a lot of overlap run atm and he can hit some ridiculous kicks to get our ball movement going, he still turns it over way too often for someone playing that role, and some of those turnovers are genuine shockers. The thing about those turnovers in that part of the ground, too, is that they almost always end up in scoring shots for the opposition because we're completely out of our defensive shape. I'm not absolutely convinced that the risk of him turning over the ball in dangerous positions is worth the reward of our scintillating ball movement when it does happen. I'd love to see some advanced stats to see the comparison between scoring shots from a Hall turnover versus how many shots we get per Aaron Hall kick. My suspicion is that the number is not as beneficial to us as it seems to the naked eye and hence my risk vs reward comment.

Honestly, I'm going to be disappointed if all of Hall, Atley and JZ start in our 2022 backline. There are just far too many turnovers in that group of players and it's going to continually * us if we persist with attacking the corridor, which I absolutely believe we should.

Back