Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread (NNFD&MCT) VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 25, 2006
Mount Waverley
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'll put my hand up and say I totally don't understand the draft points system. No idea. None. The Pies won't have a live pick until the mid 30s. Undoubtedly, someone will pick N.Daicos before then. So what will they have to give up to get N.Daicos?

I keep hearing that the Pies will be OK. Their list isn't that bad. I look at it and think it's shithouse. And whilst some might argue that Daicos is ahead of Horne, are they going to blow their entire draft wad on hoping one talented kid is their saviour?
No different to what they have effectively done now with putting all of their eggs in the Grundy, DeGoey and Moore basket.

That’s why they are in the predicament they are in now. Stupid list management.

Aug 25, 2006
Mount Waverley
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I think a lot of people are underestimating what a smart operator Noble is. He would have gone away from today quietly smiling I think.

As much as the public message is we want to win, he is making moves to benefit us in the future.

Not many coaches would have put Lazarro into the centre when the game is up for grabs. Not Noble, teaching lessons for the future regardless of if it costs 4 points, which quietly I don’t think he is that concerned with.

This is the same guy that helped build Brisbane, he isn’t stupid.

Looks like the Crows-Hawks match is being played this week

1626648058455.png

Re Dusty

"He was taken to hospital for further scans and observation, and obviously the result was a lacerated kidney, which is fairly serious, and it will mean he can’t take any further part in the season. He is not allowed to have any contact for three months."

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Wonder what all this nonsense out of Hawthorn is a smokescreen for?
  • Salary cap or drugs violation
  • They're making a bid for Josh Kelly
  • About to do some unethical unexpected thing
This is the club that are masters at waving a cat toy in one hand while quietly smothering serious allegations with the other.

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Bet you could have guessed.

Yeah, no real surprise.

IMO Caro breaking the story means one of three things. She's exaggerating or making s**t up about something because she has a grudge against them, she's exaggerating some genuine info she's been fed, or she's doing the AFL's bidding in agitating a certain way, In this case I think it's just as likely any of the three, but the AFL manufacturing his availability for next year is the most interesting explanation.

big_e

Existential crisis management consultant
Apr 28, 2008
Back Pocket
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wycombe Wanderers

Former North Melbourne coach Brad Scott has emerged as a frontrunner for the vacant Collingwood coaching job, according to veteran football journalist Caroline Wilson.

Wilson told Channel 9’s Footy Classified on Wednesday night that the Magpies have made contact with Scott’s manager Craig Kelly.
Apparently doing the ring-around of favourite ex-employees is OK this year.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone

Would he do it though? I know when he finished up with us he was still unwashed and wearing his north hoodie days later on AFL 360. His selfless passion for the NMFC runs deep.

Could he find it in himself to coach against the club he loves so much for a few measly shekels?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back