eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
4D2D6325-E99E-44E7-ACB4-CFC83CCE8E19.jpeg
388211D8-179A-4A9F-A7DB-D8CF12493BA0.jpeg
Hello all and welcome back to another exciting year for potential AFL draftees, this thread will be dedicated to all things draft in 2021 and beyond. Be on the lookout for player notes, rankings and a rolling mock draft which have become a staple and as always I’m happy to answer any draft questions you may have.

Last edited:
Hey eDPS what’s going on with Ned Long, is he injured?
Ned has been injured, a foot injury I believe, and still not back training..might be back in 2-3 weeks I am told which will close out school footy and have him back for NAB Finals.

Can’t recall him missing a target on Friday not badly at least, not as much Carlton but other clubs if they really liked him would have just taken him so would be a surprise if a club took him in the top 30 or 40 at the end of the year
He didn't nominate if I remember rightly.

eDPS
Watching the Port Magpies vs West Adelaide game right now.

You can mark down 17 year old 199cm athletic tall forward Harry Lemmey as a 2022 1st round prospect this far out, giving AFL listed defender Tom Clurey a real headache out there.

eDPS

You can mark down 17 year old 199cm athletic tall forward Harry Lemmey as a 2022 1st round prospect this far out, giving AFL listed defender Tom Clurey a real headache out there.

Is he in the SA U19 Champs squad?

Hello eDPS, how would you rate this year's draft pool and which year is comparable to?
At this stage it’s looking like a solid draft like most in recent years, has its strengths and weaknesses but we won’t get a true say of it until the national championships if they even go ahead.

I was trying to figure out if he is in the U19 squad as an underage… ie next year, getting experience this year.

Most of the better kids generally get a game or two.
Jed Hagan is the only Under 17 eligible player thats in a 19s squad in the country

Some player notes from the WA trials. I covered the 17s for notes and missing Alex Condon hurt them along with Jed Hagan but still some good players to look out for as early prospect for 2022 and 2023 respectively. Sam Gilbey looks to be an outstanding talent across half back and could easily play on a wing aswell, Dan Curtin is an impassive tall for 2023 aswell and showed he could also play forward aswell.

eDPS

How’s the group of talls from Sa for the 2022 draft looking Jesus..

keeler, lemmey, Scully , will verrall, cockshell and michealnanny.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any thoughts on Polson from Peel, and how he compares with Williams especially?
Both are versatile and spent a lot of time forward and ruck and both are a similar height and build aswell. Williams has been a bit more effective and consistent but Polson has been fairly good aswell.

Both aren’t the most agile players though and may slip like Callow did as a strong bodied tall.

Does anyone have info on Ned Stevens?

eDPS you named him at CHF in the allies squad for national champs
Cant find any information on him actually playing anywhere this year
Do you have any info about his performances / games this year?

I’ve been watching some more footage and mulling over my rankings a bit, at this stage I’m pretty confident this is draft is deeper for talent compared to last year but need the championships to determine if the first round is on par with last years.

I was speaking a recruiter the other week, he said this draft has the chance to be deep with some incredible diamonds in the rough. There is just so many unknowns due to lack of games the last 2 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back