List Mgmt. Contracts. Trades. Draft. 2021 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow link below for contract status of all current players

And he clearly hasn’t put the work in to have an A-Grade AFL rig 7 years in

How’s he supposed to get the best out of himself if he isn’t rock hard fit??

He's the second best runner on the list after Gaff now. Got heavily involved in cycling and cardio 2 years ago and it completely changed his aerobic output.

He's the second best runner on the list after Gaff now. Got heavily involved in cycling and cardio 2 years ago and it completely changed his aerobic output.
He REALLY needs to work on his core strength and tackling now.

Interesting to note that Chris Masten averaged 2.7 tackles over the course of his career, basically as a winger.
Sheed who gets to play inside a lot more averages 2.2 currently...Different game plan now but still food for though given Masten was much maligned in this area.

Last edited:

Define best runner?

Slow, one paced and running on his heels? Just because he has a good 2km time doesn’t mean jackshit when it comes to game day

I don't think he's worth a first rounder.

But to say he can barely hold his spot is wrong.
He's a regular.

That says more about our depth than Duggan being great. The kid was pick 13 and is barely outperforming second/third rounders and a bloke off the Brions scrap-heap.

In fact if he wasn't a first rounder he would get as short a shrift as Nelson.

That says more about our depth than Duggan being great. The kid was pick 13 and is barely outperforming second/third rounders and a bloke off the Brions scrap-heap.

This is an insane read of Duggan and his place.

He's a mile ahead of Cole/Nelson/Witho

He's a turnover merchant. I definitely think he gets more rope than others due to the draft cost of acquiring him.

Like I've said before, him and Cole bring high energy. It looks more impressive than sucking while looking low energy.

Duggan still has a lot to improve on IMO and I hope he gets consistency into his game, as his best is really good. To think a side would want to cough up a first rounder for him on demonstarted output is laughable.

Would love the club to be bold and get Chol as a ufa.

Then look at a deal with Collingwood for Bailey Williams plus our 3rd and 4th round picks (Pies need points for Diacos).

Pies need a big forward not a full time ruck and the Eagles have a darn good record in drafting and developing talls. Yes Bailey hasnt set the world on fire but remember he is behind Nic in the ruck and behind JK, Darling and Oscar up forward.

Only one player I'd be interested in and that Ruscoe. Just started playing back and is improving nicely. Good pace and hard at the contest. Also midfield potential. He would not cost much at this point at all and infact be close to the extra in any deal. Not a high priority but I like the sound of this kid.

What I would want from the Pies is their future 1st. Any other FS's coming up in 2022 for the Pies?

Get their 2022 1st plus ours and make a play for Jackson from the Dees to replace Nic.

So something like Williams, our 2021 3rd and 4th

For the Pies 2022 1st.

Risk / reward both ways there. Would be some haggling over points to get the balance right.

Do we have enough 2nd and 3rd round picks to package up for the dogs first?

I’m at a stage where I’ll like to see more quality (I.e potential a graders) onto the list then quantity (we already have a lot of b graders).

He REALLY needs to work on his core strength and tackling now.

Interesting to note that Chris Masten averaged 2.7 tackles over the course of his career, basically as a winger.
Sheed who gets to play inside a lot more averages 2.2 currently...Different game plan now but still food for though given Masten was much maligned in this area.
I wonder how many of those tackles have dispossessed the opposition, or been awarded HTB?

Yes
But I never said He was great.

I was refuting your claim that he "barely holds his spot" which is just incorrect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow.

Picked with pick 11 in a weak draft. Let's compare him with who else was available that year so at least it's relevant.

Pick 1 Paddy McCartin (Delisted)
Pick 2 Christian Petracca 119 games
Pick 3 Angus Brayshaw 111 games
Pick 4 Jarrod Pickett (Delisted)
Pick 5 Jordan De Goey 113 games
Pick 6 Caleb Marchbank (Injury prone) 48 games
Pick 7 Paul Ahern (Delisted)
Pick 8 Peter Wright (So s**t Gold Coast traded him out) 81 games
Pick 9 Darcy Moore (Father & Son) 102 games
Pick 10 Nakia Cockatoo (Injury prone) 34 games
Pick 11 Liam Duggan 114 games
Pick 12 Corey Ellis (Delisted)
Pick 13 Lachie Weller (Pissed off on Freo to go home) 116 games
Pick 14 Jake Lever (left adelaide to go back to Melboure) 109 games
Pick 15 Jarrod Garlett (Delisted)
Pick 16 Sam Durdin (Delisted)
Pick 17 Kyle Langford 97 games
Pick 18 Isaac Heeney (Academy so isn't relevant) 123 games
Pick 19 Blaine Boekhorst (Delisted)
Pick 20 Jayden Laverde (63 games)
Pick 21 Hugh Goddard (Delisted

Only three players have played more games so far (Isaac Heeney, Christian Petracca & Jake Lever) and we are only talking 9, 5 & 2 games here.

8 out of 21 players from the 1st round are already delisted.

2 have been completely injury prone and can hardly get on the park. (Marchbank and Cockatoo)

2 pissed off to their home state first chance they got. (Lever & Weller)

2 weren't even gettable due to academy and father and son (Moore & Heeney)

So now we take out
McCartin
Pickett
De Goey
Marchbank
Ahern
Moore
Cockatoo
Ellis
Weller
Lever
Garlett
Durdin
Heeney
Boekhurst
Goddard

You are now left with Petracca, Brayshaw, De Goey, Wright, Langford & Laverde.

Petracca, Brayshaw and De Goey were top 5 picks, Wright is absolute dog s**t which leave Langford and Laverde. I'll take Duggan over those two any day of the week.

What's my point?

We got a good player from a s**t draft where almost every other club picked a spud. Very happy with Duggo at pick 11 when you look at what we could have been stuck with if we hadn't picked him.

Last edited:
Wow.

Picked with pick 11 in a weak draft. Let's compare him with who else was available that year so at least it's relevant.

Pick 8 Peter Wright (So sh*t Gold Coast traded him out) 81 games

Only three players have played more games so far (Isaac Heeney, Christian Petracca & Jake Lever) and we are only talking 9, 5 & 2 games here.

2 have been completely injury prone and can hardly get on the park. (Marchbank and Cockatoo)

So now we take out
McCartin
Pickett
De Goey
Marchbank
Ahern
Moore
Cockatoo
Ellis
Weller
Lever
Garlett
Durdin
Heeney
Boekhurst
Goddard

Petracca, Brayshaw and De Goey were top 5 picks, Wright is absolute dog sh*t which leave Langford and Laverde. I'll take Duggan over those two any day of the week.

What's my point?

We got a good player from a sh*t draft where almost every other club picked a spud. Very happy with Duggo at pick 11 when you look at what we could have been stuck with if we hadn't picked him.

Well said.

Wow.

So now we take out
McCartin
Pickett
De Goey
Marchbank
Ahern
Moore
Cockatoo
Ellis
Weller
Lever
Garlett
Durdin
Heeney
Boekhurst
Goddard

Petracca, Brayshaw and De Goey were top 5 picks, Wright is absolute dog sh*t which leave Langford and Laverde. I'll take Duggan over those two any day of the week.

What's my point?

We got a good player from a sh*t draft where almost every other club picked a spud. Very happy with Duggo at pick 11 when you look at what we could have been stuck with if we hadn't picked him.
Duggans been great for us,couldnt ask for much more really.
I hope he doesnt leave ,he could still be very important once our older mids start retiring

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Wow.

So now we take out
McCartin
Pickett
De Goey
Marchbank
Ahern
Moore
Cockatoo
Ellis
Weller
Lever
Garlett
Durdin
Heeney
Boekhurst
Goddard

What's my point?

I remember them calling 2014 a super draft 🤣

From Marc McGowan today about out of contract Eagles

Xavier O’Neill is no longer on the market since signing a two-year deal. Duggan is also looking at a multi-year contract, while Rotham and Foley are set to extend their stays as well. Redden has conceded he would have to be satisfied with a one-year deal. Brander is one of the Eagles’ most intriguing prospects who has always held appeal at rival teams, but is happy where he is. Spearhead Kennedy has not ruled out extending his career into a 17th season, while Hurn wants to play again next year. Ah Chee was in the team pre-hand injury but Ainsworth is out of the senior side and could be touch and go. Venables’ concussion issues could spell the end for him

From Marc McGowan today about out of contract Eagles

Xavier O’Neill is no longer on the market since signing a two-year deal. Duggan is also looking at a multi-year contract, while Rotham and Foley are set to extend their stays as well. Redden has conceded he would have to be satisfied with a one-year deal. Brander is one of the Eagles’ most intriguing prospects who has always held appeal at rival teams, but is happy where he is. Spearhead Kennedy has not ruled out extending his career into a 17th season, while Hurn wants to play again next year. Ah Chee was in the team pre-hand injury but Ainsworth is out of the senior side and could be touch and go. Venables’ concussion issues could spell the end for him
Ainsworth would be worse than touch-and-go I’d have thought, pretty likely to get the chop. O’Neill I thought would have been touch and go, surprised he’s gotten a two year deal.

Did they say anything about Vardy? Vardy, Ainsworth, Ah Chee and possibly Johnson are the most likely to go in my view, apart from the potential retirees and Venables (forced retirement)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back