List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Said all along since 19 that i wouldn't begrude any of our premiership players to set themselves up for post football.While Dusty wouldn't need too with his portfolio.Dusty is exactly what the Suns need to have any chance of getting a foothold in the sporting market off feild let alone on it.
Stop this talk, you know what is written on Big Footy ends up as fact in the Herald Sun within a week

Adelaides Jake Kelly is an unrestricted free agent come years end.
For mine he’s an upgrade over Nathan Broad and a far better decision maker with ball in hand.
would he be someone that could give us some depthdown back

For mine he’s an upgrade over Nathan Broad and a far better decision maker with ball in hand.
Would be a nice pick up but your point that he is an upgrade on broad is off the mark
Broad is now our best defender behind grimes hands down

Upgrade on Broad?

Stop this talk, you know what is written on Big Footy ends up as fact in the Herald Sun within a week
LoL.
Seems that way.
Posted on Tues that the Pies were interested in Kingsley.
Bingo.

I would take Broad over him every day of the week.

I would take Broad over him every day of the week.
When I first heard he was a free agent I thought he’s be a good pickup, but what we need is an astbury replacement, a big key position player which Kelly is not.
Sam Taylor is my pipe dream, but chances are near on zero.
Think Talia would’ve been a good idea at start of the year but now he seems to be carrying a lot of injuries.
Trying to think of any other key players out there that would be gettable?

It's bemusing some people on here still want to replace Broad.

The guy is a proven vital cog in 3 time premiership winning backline.

No Jake Kelly is not an upgrade over Broad. The replacements we need to start looking for are guys like Astbury who is 30+, slowing down and continues to get injured. Broad has a bit more time left given he turned 28 a few months ago.

It's bemusing some people on here still want to replace Broad.

The guy is a proven vital cog in 3 time premiership winning backline.

No Jake Kelly is not an upgrade over Broad. The replacements we need to start looking for are guys like Astbury who is 30+, slowing down and continues to get injured. Broad has a bit more time left given he turned 28 a few months ago.

Why would we waste our time trying to chase someone like Kelly?

When I first heard he was a free agent I thought he’s be a good pickup, but what we need is an astbury replacement, a big key position player which Kelly is not.
Think Talia would’ve been a good idea at start of the year but now he seems to be carrying a lot of injuries.

I reckon Tarrant, last shot at success before he retires, still a couple or more years left. Elite when fit.

Oh hes an upgrade on a triple premiership defender whos conceded ONE goal in 3 grand finals ,,,who is he GOD , get the heck out of here with that trash talk

I reckon Tarrant, last shot at success before he retires, still a couple or more years left. Elite when fit.
32 is getting on and I don't reckon we're a certainty to jump back up the ladder next year with a few retirements coming. He might be a good stop gap/mentor while we wait for Miller to step up or develop another backman from the draft. Would be cheap you'd think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

32 is getting on and I don't reckon we're a certainty to jump back up the ladder next year with a few retirements coming. He might be a good stop gap/mentor while we wait for Miller to step up or develop another backman from the draft. Would be cheap you'd think.

Oh scrap that, I thought he was 28/29

There was an article published yesterday on social media saying ‘how richmond could end up with power sized haul’ in this year’s off season. As I am not a Herald Sun subscriber I could not open/view the article, but it showed a picture of Port Adelaide’s Xavier Duursma. Are we going after him or is there something else to this article?

We've got six picks in the first three rounds and a few guys with the premiership tag who will attract interest (e.g. George). Then something has to be done with the Cholster and CCJ; we can probably trade one of them for overs. It's a really good hand to be holding so I don't wanna waste it on drafting in midfielders with question marks. That's a Frawley-era mistake.

Dynasties are built on nailing the draft so that's the strategy I want to use this year.

We may end up with too many picks if we trade away some premiership players, so if that happens either trade up our picks for better ones, or accumulate future picks and repeat the process next year.

If there's established players to be had, get them as free agents, not by trading away first round picks.

There was an article published yesterday on social media saying ‘how richmond could end up with power sized haul’ in this year’s off season. As I am not a Herald Sun subscriber I could not open/view the article, but it showed a picture of Port Adelaide’s Xavier Duursma. Are we going after him or is there something else to this article?
More just about the strong draft hand that we have this year, they showed Duursma in the article because it’s a similar situation to the draft that landed port Duurs, Roze and Butters saying we could do similar with a group of young guns impacting together
Also used Essendons draft haul from last year as an example

Yes. It's a real opportunity to establish a long-term dynasty with elite new draft choices, not decline like the Hawks did with lousy stop-gap readymades.
Would like to see a key defender, forward and two future mids this year, the core of the team.
We need to develop a key defender to augment Balta in future.

Last edited:
The only department in our club that hasn't been decimated by poaching is our recruitment department.

Let them go to the draft and use all these picks.

Let'e reload, get some new assistants next year, sign Shai, Kamdym, etc. Let's put a few young jets in the team next year to replace recycled rookie projects like Aarts.

Will do us wonders.

No one likes how this dynasty club has such a strong draft hand. I'm not interested in using our picks this year on players like Cerra. We need youth and energy in this list.

If we need to rebuild? We've got 4-5 high picks in our team. If we challenge, competition for spots. We reslly need to hold our picks, other clubs will be trying to get them badly and we must not give away our draft hand.

From watching Ben Miller in the VFL this year I actually think he can be better than Astbury (his foot skills on the run are sublime) just wish he would stop getting soft tissue injury every time his AFL opportunity rolls around. Should he get the nod this week and we roll Short up onto the wing to replace McIntosh?

I think we should go all out for another premiership while we have Dusty, Jack, Grimes, Prestia, Cotchin etc etc. As long as we're not waxing high draft picks on 30 year old's I'm happy to trade out a few early picks for quality players around 25 years and under providing we still take an early pick and a couple later ones to the draft to keep the youth coming through.

I don't know if its that far off is it?

He was pick 5 in 2017. Now has 70 senior games under his belt. If we were to do a re-draft, i'd say he would still go between 5 - 10, with most of the guys in front of him being "sleepers". Obviously though perhaps history will show that 2021 draft is much stronger than the 2017 one - but all things being equal i feel offering pick 10 & 27 for a pick 5 you know you will hit with, isn't miles off, maybe if Freo could get a pick around 35 to come back our way that would even it out enough?

I honestly haven't watched enough of Cerra to know his value accurately. Statistically, report card wise and highlight reel wise i do like what i see though. If there was a 2017 re-draft, where does he currently sit? Googled a few redrafts and all of them had him around 6-12 - none of the re-drafts had any consistency really, one SEN did had Oscar Allen being the #1 pick so again - can't take them too seriously
1.Naughton
2.Brayshaw
3.Allen
4.Kelly
5.Balta
6.Taylor
7.Bailey
8.LDU
9.Fritsch
10.McCartin

Next 10 in any order

Raynor , Cerra , Stephenson ,Ryan , De Koning ,Starcevich , Higgins , Clarke , Coffield , Powell

Then something has to be done with the Cholster and CCJ; we can probably trade one of them for overs.
Chol is a free agent, and despite interest from other clubs, I doubt the sort of contract he'd be getting would net us anything of value. He's also the more versatile of the two, so I reckon sign up Chol, and try to get a pick around 15 to 25 for CJ.

Sent from my CPH1951 using Tapatalk

Tom Morris linked us to howe on his q&a a couple weeks ago. Thats where it's come from.
The other thing mentioned in that q&a that piqued my interest was that there was ill feeling from Jeremy Cameron towards the Cats over his latest injury, how it all went down and was handled in the aftermath. Poster claimed a source within the cats they were close to said Cameron was even considering if there was a way to break his contract. Interestingly, Morris responded by saying he'd heard similar.

Sadly it hasn't looked like becoming a distraction and derailing the Cats season... Yet!

Sent from my CPH1951 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back