Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not religious but I will pray to anything you recommend to keep Clarko around there as long as possible while this sorts itself out

It'd be very rewarding to watch him hang around as they implode.

It's very difficult to see how it works. One is a dead man walking, and the other is the pink eye.

One will steadily lose authority and be undermined as the whistle of the axe gets louder. The other will be champing at the bit and influencing decisions.

Fun times.

It'd be very rewarding to watch him hang around as they implode.

It's very difficult to see how it works. One is a dead man walking, and the other is the pink eye.

One will steadily lose authority and be undermined as the whistle of the axe gets louder. The other will be champing at the bit and influencing decisions.

Fun times.
I just hope their best players love Clarkson enough to ask for a trade to a side that doesn't have the picks to make it worthwhile

Last edited:
Its always great to see other teams get their fingers burnt in the fire... but mostly those fires involve an external element. Player x and drugs, player X and cheating, player and sexting or whatever... the external thing is the act they undertook outside the club.

With the Hawks and this potential oil rig fire, this is all internal combustion and no external accelerants. Thing of beauty lol.

GO Catters

Its always great to see other teams get their fingers burnt in the fire... but mostly those fires involve an external element. Player x and drugs, player X and cheating, player and sexting or whatever... the external thing is the act they undertook outside the club.

With the Hawks and this potential oil rig fire, this is all internal combustion and no external accelerants. Thing of beauty lol.

GO Catters

Caro has doubled down on the veracity of her allegations about the HFC, hinted she has a source close to Mitchell, and even went so far as to warn him about watching what he says behind Clarkson's back.

I'm off to get a stick and some marshmallows..........

So AFL360 and On the Couch refuse to discuss us again this week, fawning over Melbourne, Richmond, Sydney and Carlton. Oh well, hopefully we keep slipping under the radar then. Don't think crushing Richmond this week will keep us there for much longer mind you.
Yeah I've noticed this for a while now, the only time Geelong is mentioned is when it's something negative.

Like watch if we lose this weekend, or if we win the analyses will all be about Richmond not Geelong.

Yeah I've noticed this for a while now, the only time Geelong is mentioned is when it's something negative.

Like watch if we lose this weekend, or if we win the analyses will all be about Richmond not Geelong.
Pick your headline for Monday morning

Richmond threepeat alive after finding form at the right time of the year against a has been contender

or

Richmond bungled out of finals contention after uncharacteristic loss to another top 8 team

Nick Riewoldt bemoaned on The Couch a few weeks ago how Geelong always seems to fly under the radar. Yeah, they do because the media ignores the team 85% of the time. The only time all this season I've seen a lot of positive mentions was after we beat Richmond. But other than that, our games garner hardly any mention at all. Our players rarely talked about. When Brisbane beat us a few weeks ago I think many of the experts wrote us off for the flag too.

Nick Riewoldt bemoaned on The Couch a few weeks ago how Geelong always seems to fly under the radar. Yeah, they do because the media ignores the team 85% of the time. The only time all this season I've seen a lot of positive mentions was after we beat Richmond. But other than that, our games garner hardly any mention at all. Our players rarely talked about. When Brisbane beat us a few weeks ago I think many of the experts wrote us off for the flag too.
I happy with that though. Let’s just get on with it.
The inordinate amount of time they spend on Carlton, who haven’t been a factor for a long, long time now is truly amazing. Keep it up I say.

It is pretty ordinary, I agree. But entirely understandable as well. After all, where's the 'cutting edge' to any media these days that simply has to come out and say, 'Seems the Cats are still really good', year after year. Much more 'insightful' for them to supposedly find the green shoots behind Carlton's latest mediocre season or to talk up the 'team that nobody saw coming'. Even if the Richmond roll had continued for another couple of seasons, I'm sure they would have eventually tired of that narrative as well. Nothing is as guaranteed to have people switching off footy media in droves than to just hear about the same clubs dominating the comp every other year.

We are absolutely on a hiding to nothing in this area. And I've simply accepted that and moved on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's nothing against us. It's just normal.
Have a look in this thread on the weekend (and I assume the same type of thread on every other board)
It's never good win (insert team) or good game (insert good player)
It's always HaHa (losing team).and overrated flog (good player who lost).
People only like the negative. It's what they want to see. So that's what they show.

It's nothing against us. It's just normal.
Have a look in this thread on the weekend (and I assume the same type of thread on every other board)
It's never good win (insert team) or good game (insert good player)
It's always HaHa (losing team).and overrated flog (good player who lost).

People only like the negative. It's what they want to see. So that's what they show.

Pretty sure we see both

Of course people are going to laugh and mock Richmond when they lose - they're reigning premiers, and since they won the premiership last year they had been flag favorites & tipped to win their 3rd in a row. It's really only been recent weeks that the consensus has turned to them being out of the race this year

When GC beat team we are the Suns rightly get credited for their efforts, but that also doesn't mean we can't laugh at Richmond for losing

If people are only seeing the negatives maybe that's because it's what they're looking for

Pretty sure we see both

Of course people are going to laugh and mock Richmond when they lose - they're reigning premiers, and since they won the premiership last year they had been flag favorites & tipped to win their 3rd in a row. It's really only been recent weeks that the consensus has turned to them being out of the race this year

When GC beat team we are the Suns rightly get credited for their efforts, but that also doesn't mean we can't laugh at Richmond for losing

If people are only seeing the negatives maybe that's because it's what they're looking for
Its not just us. I notice with everyone. Including the media. The negative a far more popular than the positive.
I'm not looking for it. It just is.
I'm not even talking about Richmond who kind of deserve it.

Noticed today is the 20th anniversary of the greatest comeback in history, when Essendon came from 69 points down to beat Norf by 12 points.

The weird thing is that it wasn't even the biggest turnaround in terms of margin that day. We were playing West Coast in Perth the same day, and midway through the 2nd quarter, we were trailing 7.3.45 to 3.5.23. From that point on, we kicked 19.13.127 to 5.5.35 and ran out 70 point victors, a 92 point turnaround.

Noticed today is the 20th anniversary of the greatest comeback in history, when Essendon came from 69 points down to beat Norf by 12 points.

The weird thing is that it wasn't even the biggest turnaround in terms of margin that day. We were playing West Coast in Perth the same day, and midway through the 2nd quarter, we were trailing 7.3.45 to 3.5.23. From that point on, we kicked 19.13.127 to 5.5.35 and ran out 70 point victors, a 92 point turnaround.
IMG_20210722_183857.jpg

You wouldn't even have realised it looking at the Q by Q scores. Huh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back