Radio 1116 SEN 2024 Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

in other news Carlton celebrated or are celebrating theyre 1981 Premiership yet again :rolleyes: ,im sure all premiership teams of the past catch up to reminisce
but unlike Carlton they keep it low key...Carlton for some strange reason known only to themselves love putting it out there to anybody whos prepared to listen that once again we're excited to let u know that we'll be celebrating 1979 or 1981...FMD,talk about living in the past
iirc i cant recall say Essendon or Melbourne players from the 1950's bobbing up every year in the media in the 80's sprouting theyre premiership reunions ??

And they wonder why everybody hates them.
At the Carlton Collingwood game last year they played the 1970 grand final on the scoreboard before the match...

I think he's busy commentating so to speak. Doesnt deep dive into analysis off the screen/radio. He's a caller of the game, and host. that's it.

good points MacMum on the wording. It IS the same same everyday. Scott from Sydney is next, welcome to the show Scott!

Let's all understand this, talkback segments are easy and somewhat lazy. It's basically two people asking and answering. All opinion, doesn't need empirical evidence.
Think he just wants a point of difference, breaky and geraldo speak all the footy topics and I found I’m generally over it by lunch, but he does grind me, it’s better when fill ins are hosting

Think he just wants a point of difference, breaky and geraldo speak all the footy topics and I found I’m generally over it by lunch, but he does grind me, it’s better when fill ins are hosting
Harf and Andy Maher in the past both did that. Had excellent shows, both understanding their timeslot well. Some regular guests, some talkback, some quirky chitchat =perfect.

Harf and Andy Maher in the past both did that. Had excellent shows, both understanding their timeslot well. Some regular guests, some talkback, some quirky chitchat =perfect.
Yeah harf-time was excellent.. problem is Dwayne doesn’t know enough about other sports, has somebody said 1 hour of talkback is just lazy radio…
Gaz and Tim have proven you can diverse and talk about a wide range of sports/topics

How often does Shane Pipe Russell say ''we'll agree, to disagree'' ?

Piss off, the caller doesn't give a shite whether or not you agree.

Also, I'm pretty sure Damo Watson works for Knox council, but he's a qualified lawyer, as has been mentioned.

How often does Shane Pipe Russell say ''we'll agree, to disagree'' ?

Piss off, the caller doesn't give a sh*te whether or not you agree.

Also, I'm pretty sure Damo Watson works for Knox council, but he's a qualified lawyer, as has been mentioned.

I live in Knox Council. A lawyer for them perhaps?

Made the mistake of listening to Bob And Andy the other day.
Never again, it was like amateur hour with 2 work experience kids.
The thing that infuriates me about Andy Maher is that it takes him 5 minutes to cobble a stuttered sentence together, and then he constantly interjects the guest who is trying to answer.
The Dermie guest spot the other day is a case in point. Poor old Dermott couldn't get 3 words out before Maher constantly talked over him.
Bob's just irrelevant.

Made the mistake of listening to Bob And Andy the other day.
Never again, it was like amateur hour with 2 work experience kids.
The thing that infuriates me about Andy Maher is that it takes him 5 minutes to cobble a stuttered sentence together, and then he constantly interjects the guest who is trying to answer.
The Dermie guest spot the other day is a case in point. Poor old Dermott couldn't get 3 words out before Maher constantly talked over him.
Bob's just irrelevant.
dermie and andy? not enough air time for them!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it just me or does Dwayno not know much about footy. Feels like every time I listen, a caller asks him a question and his response is "I didn't see/hear that, I'll have to watch it before I have an opinion"

I think he watches the games he calls and that's about it. To be fair there are only so many hours in the day and he is working seven days. To be honest I love football but sitting through replays for 90% of games is boring.

I think he watches the games he calls and that's about it. To be fair there are only so many hours in the day and he is working seven days. To be honest I love football but sitting through replays for 90% of games is boring.

His job is to watch and analyse AFL. He works a 3 hour shift, he has plenty of time to watch replays.

His job is to watch and analyse AFL. He works a 3 hour shift, he has plenty of time to watch replays.

In radio there is plenty of work either side of that three hours. Plus calling two to three games a week for TV again with the prep means he would have to virtually not sleep from Saturday morning if you wanted him to watch nine games before his Monday show

I am not a Dwayne fan at all but I think people expect too much. I think someone like Kane Cornes is one of few that gets through all the games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back