24. James Frawley - Link
25. Dean Kent - Link
38. Oscar Clavarino - Link
39. Darragh Joyce - Link
41. Paul Hunter - Link
42. Max Heath - Link
45. Sam Alabakis - Link

To see the full list (it gets updated regularly) visit this thread;

Unsurprising given how poor we have been this year (and our injuries).
1 bloke in the top 45 says it all.

Being 3rd best in a team performing crap is hardly a tick for JB.
Yep so I was trying to point out how abstract those ratings are, not use them to pump up Billings value.

Paul Seedsman for our first rounder?

It also has:
Lyons #8
Laird #13
Keays #14
Ziebel #17
Seedsman #29
Hall #36
Ed Curnow #44
Hind #49
Jordan Dawson (Sorry Who?) #55

And the mighty Jack Billings @ #72

Amon is rated elite in uncontested possessions, marks, metres gained and behinds… good player, but not really a 'genuine mid' IMO who need to win the footy, the seagullls clear out when he's in the area.

Stats based so it's from points through their algorithm. Laird has been an absolute gun for years but since moving to mids has been a machine. Lyons again, absolute ball magnet, Keyes is a gun. All the rest are mass accumulators or above average by position. All these rating have flaws this one seems to count touches above other stats.

Yep so I was trying to point out how abstract those ratings are, not use them to pump up Billings value.

Paul Seedsman for our first rounder?

Seedy is having a very good season.

● Ranked 6th in Total Inside 50s ● Ranked 20th in Total Kicks
● Ranked 4th in Total Uncontested Possessions ● Ranked 6th in Total Bounces
● Ranked 20th in Total Score Involvements ● Ranked 3rd in Total Metres Gained
● Ranked 13th in Total Turnovers ● Ranked 8th in Inside 50s Per Game
● Ranked 5th in Uncontested Possessions Per Game ● Ranked 8th in Bounces Per Game
● Ranked 3rd in Metres Gained Per Game ● Ranked 20th in Turnovers Per Game

Amon seems to be brave and take the game on. Billings is definitely head of the beige brigade. Never makes a mistake and rarely does anything stupid but lacks dare and bravery in his decision making. We looked at our best in the last month where we did high risk stuff that came off. In the Port game they definitely seemed to go into safety first mode which seems to be the same mode that we chose late in games and get pegged back.

The risky stuff seems to adrenalize them, when they play safe the seem to go to sleep.
tenor.gif

I prefer the eye test to any statistical analysis.

Stats can be padded & are heavily influenced by the style of game a team plays.

Roma has a much greater influence on games that English currently does. He’s our 2nd best/most important player behind Steele in my book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What part of the stats are padded out? 14 goals for the year and a massive amount of hitouts dont lie, regardless of how good your eye is. Big difference when you are on 2nd on the ladder with 10 players dominating each week, you are not going to stand out much as a ruck at the Bulldogs. Dont we pad the stats out for our players? No problems with Marshall being 2nd behind Steele, most observers would say that.

Billings in game 50 :
30 disposals
5 goals
12 marks.

He looked more confident at 21 years old than he does now.

That kick to Gresham in the second quarter is the perfect example of the change in his game (at about 2.15). His vision, confidence and skill execution in his early years allowed him to pull off difficult kicks like that. I don't reckon he'd go for that kick nowadays. Would be a kick down the line job.

Billings in game 50 :
30 disposals
5 goals
12 marks.

He looked more confident at 21 years old than he does now.

At one stage he looked like he was gonna be the player we always wish he would become. I hope we keep him and he can recapture that form but he seem a shell of that at them moment. Hopefully it’s all to do with that foot issue and he comes out firing next year. Fingers crossed

That kick to Gresham in the second quarter is the perfect example of the change in his game (at about 2.15). His vision, confidence and skill execution in his early years allowed him to pull off difficult kicks like that. I don't reckon he'd go for that kick nowadays. Would be a kick down the line job.
Yeah he looked to be playing with natural instinct there and not over-thinking a game plan. Amazing how open that game looked compared to anything I've seen this year.

You don't lose ability like that though, so we need to work out how to harness it… it's probably not the big kick up the arse that everyone seems to suggest will get him going though.

Yeah he looked to be playing with natural instinct there and not over-thinking a game plan. Amazing how open that game looked compared to anything I've seen this year.

You don't lose ability like that though, so we need to work out how to harness it… it's probably not the big kick up the arse that everyone seems to suggest will get him going though.

I wonder how much responsibility the coaching should shoulder.

English is going pretty well and love to have him and Marshall together. Lipinski is being chased by several clubs i believe. He would be handy in our midfield as well. Young is a big defender out of contract this year. No idea how good he is and have not heard of Green.
Young would be a good pick up , looks a bit better than what we currently have

I just want to see JB play in the forward 3rd only. We should be using him in the same mould as Hill, being a handball receive player and allowing him to create options in the forward half.

Amon has developed into a really good player. He'd be right up there in Port's best and fairest and it certainly wasn't a one off. Eight time this year he has been in the coaches votes. I watch him a fair bit, and he is a player who takes the game on and has a real impact. He's become a player who spends almost half the match playing as a genuine starting midfielder too - certainly not just a half back/winger. Billings having 70 shots four years ago has lost relevancy when he hasn't played that role ever since/hasn't looked that dangerous ever since.

Does it matter if you draft or recruit one? And I am sure we had 6 AA's in 2009 all drafted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GOLD Coast has in-form St Kilda midfielder Luke Dunstan on its radar, with the unrestricted free agent reviving his career with a run of standout games.

The Suns, who are prioritising key forward support in the upcoming off-season, are understood to have expressed interest in Dunstan, who remains out of contract.

Dunstan's career at the Saints looked all but certain to be over earlier this season when he kept out of the senior team with his contract expiring at the end of this year however his run of form has been crucial for the club’s turnaround.

After playing one game last season, Dunstan featured in just one of the first 10 rounds of this season before re-emerging in the midfield for round 11.

hbfQpnyu.jpg

Luke Dunstan in action during the round 17 clash between Brisbane and St Kilda at the Gabba on July 10, 2021. Picture: AFL Photos
He has collected 25 disposals or more in each of his seven games since, including a best-on-ground showing against Richmond in round 15 when he gathered 32 disposals, 10 clearances and a goal to claim the Ian Stewart Medal in a hard-edged showing.

The 26-year-old is an unrestricted free agent, meaning he could walk to the club of his choice with the Saints having no ability to match a free agency bid.

AFL.com.au's Inside Trading revealed in May the Suns' interest in Richmond key forward Callum Coleman-Jones, who has a host of suitors and remains unsigned for 2022. – Callum Twomey

Well it looks like Dunstan's gone , really he is the sort of player the Suns need - hopefully we get something early in the 2nd round for him.
unless they match what they want for him and he changes his mind.

Agree. I liked him more as that HFF taking a few marks inside f50 and hitting targets who lead at him. He just couldnt kick stragith that year he was there.
Sadly we havent had a lead up target since Bruce left and even he loved them over the back
Membrey seems to prefer it on his head to use his 2 foot jump, King wants it on his head, Battle is stuck on the wing, Marshall has been injured this year.

Think we also need to take into account he has clearly lost a step or three in pace this year with his foot injury.
If he stays I would back him to come back to his best next year.
Yep, I’d rather him back in that position. He knows where to be up forward and his goal kicking has improved. More damaging there than little 25m chips around the wing.

Well it looks like Dunstan's gone , really he is the sort of player the Suns need - hopefully we get something early in the 2nd round for him.
You would think he gets extra to move up north.

The Suns will need to pay overs to get him up there. And they have a tight salary cap, so others will need to drop out.

5​
Non-Free Agent - keep
3​
Non-Free Agent - keep
9​
Restricted Free Agent - retired
8​
Restricted Free Agent - keep
1​
Non-Free Agent - keep
7​
Non-Free Agent - keep
7​
Non-Free Agent - keep
6​
Non-Free Agent - retired
1​
Non-Free Agent - retired
15​
Unrestricted Free Agent - retired
2​
Non-Free Agent - keep
8​
Restricted Free Agent - gone
1​
Non-Free Agent - keep
4​
Non-Free Agent - keep
2​
Non-Free Agent - keep
1​
Non-Free Agent - de-list
3​
Non-Free Agent - de-list
10​
1​
Non-Free Agent - de-list
2​
Non-Free Agent - keep
Looks like we have to replace 8 players

5​
Non-Free Agent - keep
3​
Non-Free Agent - keep
9​
8​
1​
Non-Free Agent - keep
7​
Non-Free Agent - keep
7​
Non-Free Agent - keep
6​
Non-Free Agent - retired
1​
Non-Free Agent - retired
15​
2​
Non-Free Agent - keep
8​
1​
Non-Free Agent - keep
4​
Non-Free Agent - keep
2​
Non-Free Agent - keep
1​
Non-Free Agent - de-list
3​
Non-Free Agent - de-list
10​
1​
Non-Free Agent - de-list
2​
Non-Free Agent - keep
I thought Higgins was signed until 2023?

5​
Non-Free Agent - keep
3​
Non-Free Agent - keep
9​
8​
1​
Non-Free Agent - keep
7​
Non-Free Agent - keep
7​
Non-Free Agent - keep
6​
Non-Free Agent - retired
1​
Non-Free Agent - retired
15​
2​
Non-Free Agent - keep
8​
1​
Non-Free Agent - keep
4​
Non-Free Agent - keep
2​
Non-Free Agent - keep
1​
Non-Free Agent - de-list
3​
Non-Free Agent - de-list
10​
1​
Non-Free Agent - de-list
2​
Non-Free Agent - keep
Agree with most of those statements baring we trade in a KPD in which case I expect one of Clav or Joyce to go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back